Steve Tasker

NCDAWG

I thought he was alright.  I like to listen to the radio anouncers while the game is on the tube.  :lol:

434973[/snapback]

Me too. They can be pretty humorous. Several years ago, I was listening and watching, and the B'gals "color" guy, former OL Dave Lapham exclaimed as a B'gals qb was picked off and a big ol' lb in the open field sent a wr attempting to make a tackle head over heels into the cheap seats, "Ooh! Make That Spare!!!!" :lol:

Me too. They can be pretty humerous. Several years ago, I was listening and watching, and the B'gals "color" guy, former OL Dave Lapham exclaimed as a B'gals qb was picked off and a big ol' lb in the open field sent a wr attempting to make a tackle head over heels into the cheap seats, "Ooh! Make That Spare!!!!"

I too am here in Bengal country and lots of my buddies are Bengal fans, so I've watched/listened to a decent amount of their games the last couple years. That color guy is hilarious esp when Chad Johnson or someone is making a play. The play by play guy is giving the commentary, and that color guy is just yelling in the background "Go Chad! Go Chad!"....Always makes me laugh that he doen't even pretend that he's trying to be impartial. I haven't got to listen to a ton of the Bills games on the radio the last couple years, but I get the impression that Van Pelt is kinda like that too.

I too am here in Bengal country and lots of my buddies are Bengal fans, so I've watched/listened to a decent amount of their games the last couple years. That color guy is hilarious esp when Chad Johnson or someone is making a play. The play by play guy is giving the commentary, and that color guy is just yelling in the background "Go Chad! Go Chad!"....Always makes me laugh that he doen't even pretend that he's trying to be impartial. I haven't got to listen to a ton of the Bills games on the radio the last couple years, but I get the impression that Van Pelt is kinda like that too.

435006[/snapback]

Year, who would ever want the "color "guy to be impartial? That's part of the fun. But most of 'em on the radio at least, are pretty knowledgable.

The B'gals Lapham was a pretty good OL player, btw. Decent guy, too - charities, school and hospital visits, etc.

Steve did a decent job and "called it like he saw it". Nothing more, nothing less. I will miss him on CBS.

434999[/snapback]

I for one liked to listen to his commentary. If Alex ever leaves the booth, I hope the Bills seriously consider Steve as a capable replacement.

I for one liked to listen to his commentary.  If Alex ever leaves the booth, I hope the Bills seriously consider Steve as a capable replacement.

435311[/snapback]

I doubt the radio gig pays as well as CBS does. Hard to think ST would take a big paycut to come home, unless was out of work and needed the $.

I have never understood the antipathy for Tasker's commentary that people often display here.

I am always glad when he is covering the Bills. He usually keeps up with team news and therefore can provide commentary that others in the national media just can't. Also, whenever he's overcritical of the team it always just seems like a transparent attempt to cover up his true rooting interest.

I have never understood the antipathy for Tasker's commentary that people often display here.

I am always glad when he is covering the Bills. He usually keeps up with team news and therefore can provide commentary that others in the national media just can't. Also, whenever he's overcritical of the team it always just seems like a transparent attempt to cover up his true rooting interest.

435391[/snapback]

Steve doesn't think that he over compensates and I think he does. He would NEVER give up his CBS job for the radio gig. $$$$

I love Alex on the radio because you can hear him cheering for the Bills when Murph is doing the play by play.(totally against the rules)

I love Alex on the radio because you can hear him cheering for the Bills when Murph is doing the play by play.(totally against the rules)

435477[/snapback]

If I wanted neutrality, I wouldn't pay the $29.95 per year to get Murph and Alex on the radio at nfl.com. I want Alex cheering and saying yeah baby when something good happens... :D

Jeff's coming around as well...he improved substantially from game 1 to game 4 in the preseaon...

435006[/snapback]

I used to listen to that Cinci radio team driving through southern Ohio to/from school on certain Sundays--and that color guy is hilarious. His homerism is, frankly, endearing.

As for the dynamic duo of Tasker/Criqui, I wish I could say the same. Criqui's terrible. I think Tasker's still learning the ropes--but so far his game analysis has been pretty sketchy and lacking in any insight. Of course, you can say that about 95% of the color commentators on TV.