I'd kill for the Pat's offensive line

Dante

Any qb would look good with that kinda time. Damn thats the difference between pretenders and SB winners. I couldnt help but put the Bills in the Pats place vs the Raiders last night and played it out in my mind how they would fare. If it were the Bills the game would be a squeaker. The Pats, afer the first half made the necessary D adjustments and controled the game the rest of the way. Our D matches up with the Pats. Our recievers and RB's are probably better. The only difference is I dont see Losman getting that kind of time to site see back there like Brady does. Losman would probably make a couple rookie mistakes and panic a bit leading to Raider points.

I wouldn't mind having their O-line either as long as it came with last night's refs.

434670[/snapback]

I didnt notice but was there alot of holding going on?? I was only watching because I have Brady in a fantasy pool. Wasnt actually watching what the OLine was doing. I only know that Brady could plan and book his xmas vacation back there.

I have Brady in a fantasy pool.

434672[/snapback]

Better be careful how you phrase that. :unsure:

You weren't the only one who wasn't watching the O-line. The guys in the Foot Locker shirts and the fat dude up in the booth, they were too enthralled with Goatboy to notice the O-line either!

Better be careful how you phrase that.  :unsure:

You weren't the only one who wasn't watching the O-line.  The guys in the Foot Locker shirts and the fat dude up in the booth, they were too enthralled with Goatboy to notice the O-line either!

434677[/snapback]

yeah really the "I have Brady in a fantasy pool" isnt a good image at all. Hey I just woke up. Should be proof reading my posts.

Hard to judge the Pats' O-line overall based on last night. The Raiders have a PATHETIC pass rush (their leading sacker last year had 4 whole sacks, and they added no one), and they were using a 3-man line most of the night with little blitzing.

But that being said, the Pats didn't move the ball up and down on the Raiders, which makes me think they're not as good offensively. Good. I think they'll have trouble with teams with good defenses, especially away from the confines of The Pad (formerly the Razor, now that P&G bought out Gillette).

Hard to judge the Pats' O-line overall based on last night.  The Raiders have a PATHETIC pass rush (their leading sacker last year had 4 whole sacks, and they added no one), and they were using a 3-man line most of the night with little blitzing.

But that being said, the Pats didn't move the ball up and down on the Raiders, which makes me think they're not as good offensively.  Good.  I think they'll have trouble with teams with good defenses, especially away from the confines of The Pad (formerly the Razor, now that P&G bought out Gillette).

434701[/snapback]

I don't think the Raiders have any defensive backs on their roster.

Hard to judge the Pats' O-line overall based on last night.  The Raiders have a PATHETIC pass rush (their leading sacker last year had 4 whole sacks, and they added no one), and they were using a 3-man line most of the night with little blitzing.

434701[/snapback]

Bingo. Against the Raiders defense last night, Bledsoe could be standing in the pocket cooking burgers. Did you notice how the Pat's production went down a bit once the Raiders realized that eight guys back won't work if they bite on everthing? The receiver would move inside, the tight end would move outside, and no one...no one...would pay attention to the TE....and Brady moves the chains again.

Don't be impressed by the Patriot's OL. Be disgusted by the Raiders' D.

When I saw that former UDFA Grant Irons was starting for the Raiders, I was happy for him...but realized how bad the Raiders' defense was (going to be). The ineptitude on defense was not as bad as that on the offense. With Moss having an 8" height advantage over Tyrone Poole, they should have been tossing the ball up for grabs to Moss all night.

Not in the "wait for Randy to stop and throw it at him" kind of way.  They also should have put him in motion, maybe moving him to the slot.  But hey, Norv wants his long ball.

434721[/snapback]

They did a nice job on one play making him go underneath, and everyone followed him, so Collins threw a touchdown to some unknown dude. More of that and less bombs away, and maybe a decent Janikowski field goal, and they were in that game.

They did a nice job on one play making him go underneath, and everyone followed him, so Collins threw a touchdown to some unknown dude. More of that and less bombs away, and maybe a decent Janikowski field goal, and they were in that game.

434726[/snapback]

Take the names of the players out of your sentence and you can say that about almost every team that lost to the Pats over the last 4 years. :unsure:

Any qb would look good with that kinda time. Damn thats the difference between pretenders and SB winners. I couldnt help but put the Bills in the Pats place vs the Raiders last night and played it out in my mind how they would fare. If it were the Bills the game would be a squeaker. The Pats, afer the first half made the necessary D adjustments and controled the game the rest of the way. Our D matches up with the Pats. Our recievers and RB's  are probably better. The only difference is I dont see Losman getting that kind of time to site see back there like Brady does. Losman would probably make a couple rookie mistakes and panic a bit leading to Raider points.

434668[/snapback]

As good as their o-line is, Brady makes them better. Within 3 seconds the ball is gone a majority of the time.

Any qb would look good with that kinda time. Damn thats the difference between pretenders and SB winners. I couldnt help but put the Bills in the Pats place vs the Raiders last night and played it out in my mind how they would fare. If it were the Bills the game would be a squeaker. The Pats, afer the first half made the necessary D adjustments and controled the game the rest of the way. Our D matches up with the Pats. Our recievers and RB's  are probably better. The only difference is I dont see Losman getting that kind of time to site see back there like Brady does. Losman would probably make a couple rookie mistakes and panic a bit leading to Raider points.

434668[/snapback]

there are many times when tom buys himself a extra second or two in the pocket because he moves around great in thepocket. he sides steps to his left and right to avoid pressure and/or steps up into the pocket to avoid pressure.

I wouldn't mind having their O-line either as long as it came with last night's refs.

434670[/snapback]

i know, tell me about it huh. how many times can moss and the rest of those receivers keep pushing off on the pats db's in one game? and how many times did the raiders o-line hold the pats d-line out of desperation?? i lost count by the 3rd quarter. im glad somebody else noticed that to

i know, tell me about it huh. how many times can moss and the rest of those receivers keep pushing off on the pats db's in one game? and how many times did the raiders o-line hold the pats d-line out of desperation?? i lost count by the 3rd quarter. im glad somebody else noticed that to

434963[/snapback]

All day, every day. It was really something to watch, wasn't it? Why, if the Raiders weren't called for all those phantom penalties, they would have never won the game.

Oh, wait. Wrong team.

I'm almost gonna miss you when your team falls apart.

But that being said, the Pats didn't move the ball up and down on the Raiders, which makes me think they're not as good offensively.  Good.  I think they'll have trouble with teams with good defenses, especially away from the confines of The Pad (formerly the Razor, now that P&G bought out Gillette).

434701[/snapback]

Doomed?