Sports Guy Picks

Puhonix

In case you've missed ESPN's Page 2 column on the upcoming season, Bill Simmons has made some bold predicitons, and added some intersting stats on the upcoming season. But what really got my attention was what I saw near the bottom of this article.

AFC EAST

New England: 12-4

NY Jets: 9-7

Miami: 7-9

Buffalo: 6-10

For good measure, he also added: "Even if [Kyle Orton] is hit-or-miss, it's not like he's going to be much worse than Kyle Boller, Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, Patrick Ramsey or half the crappy starters in the league."

I think its funny. But I'll let you all rant, I know how we all love a good rant.

In case you've missed ESPN's Page 2 column on the upcoming season, Bill Simmons has made some bold predicitons, and added some intersting stats on the upcoming season. But what really got my attention was what I saw near the bottom of this article.

AFC EAST

For good measure, he also added: "Even if [Kyle Orton] is hit-or-miss, it's not like he's going to be much worse than Kyle Boller, Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, Patrick Ramsey or half the crappy starters in the league."

I think its funny. But I'll let you all rant, I know how we all love a good rant.

433539[/snapback]

That's why they play the game. This season should be a whole lot of fun.

T_R

AFC EAST

433539[/snapback]

Gotcha!

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=29824

Im still torn between calling you hurley, and the character on lost Duey. :blink:

And that's also for reminding me about Gus.

I look forward to the NFL season, and then I remember that I've got Gus, and even if he gets hurt, then I have Feely. <sigh>

I can at least look forward to Ronnie Brown.

What???  Bill Simmons wrote an article about something other than the NBA?  Isn't it time for his pre-training camp run down of his favorite thugs?

IMO, he has jumped the shark.

433544[/snapback]

nah.. he's Patriot butt smooching the whole way through. Even managed to get his beloved Red Sox in. Typical Simmons.

I liked his stuff before the Pats or the Red Sox won.

You must admit, being Bills fans, we automatically have that "homer" view that "there's no reason to think JP will stink" rather than the other 31 teams who are more than likely thinking "there's no reason to think that Losman will be any good." Losman could easily be this years Roethlisberger. Unfortunately, he could also be the next Tim Couch.

Im still torn between calling you hurley, and the character on lost Duey. :huh:

And that's also for reminding me about Gus.

I look forward to the NFL season, and then I remember that I've got Gus, and even if he gets hurt, then I have Feely. <sigh>

I can at least look forward to Ronnie Brown.

433547[/snapback]

Hurley and Duey have melded into one and the same. So much so that he has a picture of me as his avatar on the Lost bb. :blink:

That QB tandem might rival our RJ - AVP days. Oh, and did you see the pics of Ronnie Brown driving off with Ricky the other day. Apparently things looked a little smokey in the car too. :lol:

Come on Puhonix...hop on the Gus Bus!!!

Dolphins better than the Bills? That's almost funny. Considering the fact they had a QB competition between a guy who was barely a backup last season and a guy who shouldve never left his 3rd string role in Philadelphia, I think Miami is going to have to worry about a lot more than the Bills will. Gus is a jokeeeeeeeeeee. Couldn't they have picked someone better? ANYONE. John Kitna? Tommy Maddox? Is Quincy Carter still alive? Anyone!

Call me a homer all you want but I'd take JP Losman any day of the week over Gus Ferrotte and AJ Feeley. Simmons should stick with B-Ball.

Call me a homer all you want but I'd take JP Losman any day of the week over Gus Ferrotte and AJ Feeley.

433597[/snapback]

So would I.... but I'll take a 7-9 pick too.

Wher eis Jon Kitna? Id actually be excited to see him starting. Anyone know his whereabouts? (Whereaboots for those Canadians in the crowd.)

nah.. he's Patriot butt smooching the whole way through. Even managed to get his beloved Red Sox in. Typical Simmons.

I liked his stuff before the Pats or the Red Sox won.

433551[/snapback]

I agree. He was funnier before he moved to CA and become popular. And now he's just way too smug about the Pats and Sox.

I agree.  He was funnier before he moved to CA and become popular.  And now he's just way too smug about the Pats and Sox.

433610[/snapback]

Smug is the right word.

For the last 4 years, with the B'gals. Canadians know that... :blink:

433633[/snapback]

I swore he'd be begging for a trade that makes him a starter!

thats a good prediction for a 2 year win total from miami, but certainly not this season...I would be running scared from the gus-AJ train wreck that is miami's QB situation...i mean honestly, were Akili Smith or Cade McKnown too busy bagging groceries to compete in camp or something?