Kelly Holcomb should start?

inkman

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=29608&hl=

an excellent read, with stats...

433197[/snapback]

Here are some stats to ponder (i'm sorry to let facts get in the way of a good "JP sucks, start KH rant")

He's only started 13 career games, and in the only extended action he saw, over 8 games, here were his numbers...

2003, 8 games started, 10 total

193-302 63%, 1797 yards, 10 TD 12 int's

this doesnt exactly instill a lot of confidence in me.

2002, 4 games

2 good, a combined 44-69, 524 yds, 5 TD's 0 int's (a 49-30 loss to KC, and a 20-7 win vs Cincy)

2 so-so games, combined 20-37, 266 yds, 3 TD's 4 INT's (a 26-21 loss to balt, and a 24-16 win over atl)

2004, 2 games

1 good game 30-39, 413 yds, 5 TD's, 2 INT's (58-48 loss to cincy)

1 so-so, 20-29, 228 yds1 TD, 2 INT's (22-14 win vs houston)

The guy wasn't exactly playing with the Rams or Colts. He was playing with Cleveland. When was the last time you saw an offensive skill position probowler roll out of that town.

Do you honestly think Holcomb came here for less money and gave up a starting job in Cleveland to hold a clipboard? Don't kid yourself. If JP falters, Holcomb will start. The Bills are not going to flush another season like they did last year.

433102[/snapback]

Holcomb was not the starter in Cleveland. He was holding the clipboard after losing the starting job to the first overall pick in the 2003 draft (Carson Palmer) because first overall picks don't sit on the bench unless they're selected by San Francisco.

But thanks for playing, Coach.

Holcomb was not the starter in Cleveland. He was holding the clipboard after losing the starting job to the first overall pick in the 2003 draft (Carson Palmer) because first overall picks don't sit on the bench unless they're selected by San Francisco.

433238[/snapback]

Holcomb was a Bengal? Palmer was a Brown? :D

433238[/snapback]

:D Very uncharacteristic of you LA

433238[/snapback]

Um yeah....I'm just gonna let this one slide.

I have not heard that from any Bills fan I have spoken with in person.

I can think of no advantage of starting Holcomb, and little advantage in pulling JP if he falters early on. Either way, you are telling the world, we !@#$ up again in selecting a QB. Back to the draft line.

The future is NOW. If JP is not the future, why bother playing him at all?

Everywhere I turn I keep hearing how Holcomb should start if JP falters early on.  Some people even want him to start outright over JP.  Does anyone here feel that way?

433004[/snapback]

My guess is that at this moment Holcomb's experience makes him the better QB. However, Losman's athleticism and arm strength give him far more upside. He's starting because by playing he can develop into that upside more quickly. I support that decision on the part of the Bills.

If you was to see someone who right out supports starting Holcomb, you can check out the Range and look up posts by Shiva2999. Then again, he wanted the Bills to start Travis Brown when he was a Bill.