Kelly Holcomb should start?

inkman

no no and no again

Holcomb is a career backup with only a handful of good games to his name.

he's not even a Trent Dilfer FFS! no way we win a superbowl with KH.

433005[/snapback]

Nick knows from whence he speaks.

I like Holcomb personally, but PLEASE don't pin your Super Bowl hopes on him.

Mike

I think he has a career mark of 4-9 although I'm too lazy to actually look it up. Losman can look shakey but Holcomb is just not as talented. Hopefully JP can put all the naysayers to rest and this discussion will be moot.

Holcomb .... only a handful of good games to his name.

Which is a handful more than JPL has :D

Just stirring the pot. Why the hell would anyone want KH to start?! Maybe if we're 0-8 I'd consider it, but even then it'd be doubtful.

CW

I don't Kelly Holcomb is any worse than say...oh...Trent Dilfer (he might even be better...)

But, I digress...

I think JP is our man. KH should only be used in case of necessity.

Everywhere I turn I keep hearing how Holcomb should start if JP falters early on.  Some people even want him to start outright over JP.  Does anyone here feel that way?

433004[/snapback]

JP's job, hands down. But I'm going to qualify that. If *ANYONE* sucks up the field, they need to be benched for a few plays or a quarter or so.

I think he has a career mark of 4-9 although I'm too lazy to actually look it up.  Losman can look shakey but Holcomb is just not as talented.  Hopefully JP can put all the naysayers to rest and this discussion will be moot.

433017[/snapback]

He is 5-8, but to be fair to him the first was on a horrible Indy colts team that was 0-9 in 1997. At Cleveland he was 5-7 and we know what a joke they have been for a while now.

He is 5-8, but to be fair to him the first was on a horrible Indy colts team that was 0-9 in 1997.  At Cleveland he was 5-7 and we know what a joke they have been for a while now.

433055[/snapback]

So you think he should start? :D

Did I say that?

433066[/snapback]

No but you DID say that Holcomb lack of success could be attributed to his playing on horrible teams. Therefore he can play, right? So if you were saying he may be good then logic dictates...

No but you DID say that Holcomb lack of success could be attributed to his playing on horrible teams.  Therefore he can play, right?  So if you were saying he may be good then logic dictates...

433083[/snapback]

And do you deny that his lack of success was due to being on bad teams? I don't know if he would be better then JP or worse, just stating a fact that his starts were on bad teams.

And do you deny that his lack of success was due to being on bad teams?  I don't know if he would be better then JP or worse, just stating a fact that his starts were on bad teams.

433091[/snapback]

So you think he should start? :D

Everywhere I turn I keep hearing how Holcomb should start if JP falters early on.  Some people even want him to start outright over JP.  Does anyone here feel that way?

433004[/snapback]

Do you honestly think Holcomb came here for less money and gave up a starting job in Cleveland to hold a clipboard? Don't kid yourself. If JP falters, Holcomb will start. The Bills are not going to flush another season like they did last year.

Do you honestly think Holcomb came here for less money and gave up a starting job in Cleveland to hold a clipboard? Don't kid yourself. If JP falters, Holcomb will start. The Bills are not going to flush another season like they did last year.

433102[/snapback]

Well, I don't know what KH was thinking but he did say something like, "Buffalo really wanted me and Cleveland didn't give him that same feeling."