Pat-down video

JoeF

Its so sad to see this now. Where everyone is being patted down before entering the stadium. I can clearly remember bringing in 2 liters of beer and showing it to the ticket takers. All they said was that if its in plastic you can bring it in. I understand with all the crazy crap happpening in the world now and its sad to see a awesome tradition like that gone. I used to have no problems bringing in alcohol in plastic containers. Sure miss the good old days.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1017529.asp

By the way, do they still have the "wacky tabacky" smokers hangout at halftime? Everybody was lighting up out there (North Side, 50yrd line area ramp). My buddies and I would be so wrecked come 3rd quarter. :blink:

There will be some brothers standing out on 20A with (wif) tickets if you need em.  Somehow they always are buying AND selling tix.

433577[/snapback]

Hey Marv,

That explains alot. I always wondered if you were high during some of you post game press conferences. Did you ever smoke up with T.O?

By the way, do they still have the "wacky tabacky" smokers hangout at halftime? Everybody was lighting up out there (North Side, 50yrd line area ramp). My buddies and I would be so wrecked come 3rd quarter. :blink:

433587[/snapback]

i saw a guy smoking a joint down there last year at the Rams game, he was leaning over the garbage lift pretending to be on his cell fone. Didnt fool me...

Hey Marv,

That explains alot. I always wondered if you were high during some of you post game press conferences. Did you ever smoke up with T.O?

433596[/snapback]

No, not with T.O. or Moss or Ricky or..... but that explains why I messed up the lyrics to the Bills Song many yrs back. "Go Bills, win the bowl..." Remember that gem?!

this really is a joke..pretty soon we will have to take our shoes off before w e go in

433656[/snapback]

Funny story:

My wife and I flew into Buffalo last month to see the Bills/Packers game. We were in the Minneapolis airport, about to walk through the metal detector, when the woman said, "We recommend that you take your shoes off." My wife said, "Only recommend? Good," and walked through anyway. The woman looked incredulous - we must've been the first people to pick up on the word "recommend." :blink:

CW

Funny story:

My wife and I flew into Buffalo last month to see the Bills/Packers game.  We were in the Minneapolis airport, about to walk through the metal detector, when the woman said, "We recommend that you take your shoes off."  My wife said, "Only recommend?  Good," and walked through anyway.  The woman looked incredulous - we must've been the first people to pick up on the word "recommend." <_<

CW

433673[/snapback]

My GF was flying out of Syracuse, and said if you're wearing sneakers, they don't make you take them off. So while we waited till she needed to go through, I watched the people in line for the metal detector. sure enough, if someone had sneakers on, they didn't say anything. But if you had shoes or anything else, they were made to take them off.

I'm going to find the cutest ticket-scanner at the gate and go thru his line.  ;)

434005[/snapback]

I'm gonna find the cutest girl, and go through her line... with my pair of wool socks tucked neatly in the front of my pants. (ya know, in case it gets cold and i need to double up on the socks... ya know... cause it's buffalo.... could be cold for all i know... . . <_< )

My GF was flying out of Syracuse, and said if you're wearing sneakers, they don't make you take them off. So while we waited till she needed to go through, I watched the people in line for the metal detector. sure enough, if someone had sneakers on, they didn't say anything. But if you had shoes or anything else, they were made to take them off.

433999[/snapback]

it's because many shoes, boots, sandals and things like that have steel reinforcing the soles. it sets the metal detector off and it slows down the whole line so they ask everyone to take them off in advance and run them through the x-ray machine. sneakers generally don't have metal in the soles so they don't set off the machines so they are not a problem.

Since 9-11, pat downs have become the way of life at Giants Stadium.

And at Newark Airport, all footware is removed and xrayed. Ladies and gentlemen...there are some seriously nasty looking feet going through Newark Liberty International Airport. <_<