Without Clements

BuffBills#1

Without Clements who is going to cover the 6 foot 3, 4.3 speed of Andre Johnson. 5 foot 9 McGee? Didn't think so. I'm really hoping Clements injury is just a bruise or something and he will be ready to go on opening day. The fact that he didn't participate in any of the practice today makes me that much more nervous. I know Mularky says it's nothing serious, but I know they're trying to hide every injury from any team and keep everything within the organization.

Do we know what Clements' injury is? It looked to me that it was a "stinger"--the way he was opening and closing his hand. If that's the case, he can play through it.

But even without Clements, I'm not going to count the Bills out. After all, Greer has had a heck of a preseason...and then there's that perennial pro-bowler we have playing FS who can move to corner in a pinch. I'm sure one of those guys can do an adequate job on Andre Johnson.

Without Clements who is going to cover the 6 foot 3, 4.3 speed of Andre Johnson.  5 foot 9 McGee?  Didn't think so.  I'm really hoping Clements injury is just a bruise or something and he will be ready to go on opening day.  The fact that he didn't participate in any of the practice today makes me that much more nervous.  I know Mularky says it's nothing serious, but I know they're trying to hide every injury from any team and keep everything within the organization.

429932[/snapback]

Smacking Johnson hard within the 5 yard zone of contact will work wonders. <_<

Do we know what Clements' injury is? It looked to me that it was a "stinger"--the way he was opening and closing his hand. If that's the case, he can play through it.

But even without Clements, I'm not going to count the Bills out. After all, Greer has had a heck of a preseason...and then there's that perennial pro-bowler we have playing FS who can move to corner in a pinch. I'm sure one of those guys can do an adequate job on Andre Johnson.

429962[/snapback]

Saw on NFL Network that Nate didn't practice today and his status is uncertain for Sunday. We can compensate for his loss with a great pass rush and some good zone coverage.

Without Clements who is going to cover the 6 foot 3, 4.3 speed of Andre Johnson.  5 foot 9 McGee?  Didn't think so.  I'm really hoping Clements injury is just a bruise or something and he will be ready to go on opening day.  The fact that he didn't participate in any of the practice today makes me that much more nervous.  I know Mularky says it's nothing serious, but I know they're trying to hide every injury from any team and keep everything within the organization.

429932[/snapback]

We're doomed!!!! The Texans are lethal!!!!

429962[/snapback]

Amen! Troy can still play corner. Why do some forget that he was moved to FS only because McGee was playing great at his corner spot and not because he lost a step?

the patriots certainly lost all hope and went in the tank when their best corner, ty law, went down to injury. it's just impossible for teams to overcome these sorts of injuries.

you are correct; the bills may as well not even show up for the game if clements can't play.

This is a negative post. Don't you know what happens to folks that post items with negative inferrences? We can't deal with that kind of pain here. Sunshine, warm water, and fantasy only. Koombyah, bro. And, never post anything that could be assumed as an attack on Mr. Donahoe and the 26-38 record during his watch. This is understandable because the Bills were/are still in "cap jail". Plus, his primary focus has been on things like building love between the Bills and the community, updated unis, field turf, night practices and parades at SJF, partnerships with Tops, retro unis, and the sale of new Bills merchandise. He also had to fire a coach and release a highly paid QB because he refused to be a back up. So that also kept him busy replacing those parts. And, don't forget that he lost Van Miller to retirement and had to come up with a replacement for him. So, Mr. D cannot, in good conscience, be held accountable. Sorry... I got off topic a bit, my bad.

Texans beat the Bills in a home opener? Are you nutz? What could possibly be your basis for thinking this way? Do you not know that you must throw everything you have seen in the preseason out the window? Yes! That's a TSW rule!! I just don't see the need for such concern. I mean, this Bills team is a playoff team according to the TSW brotherhood. A playoff team could not possibly lose to the lowly Texans at home. The Bills have a bunch of cards they have not played. You'll see. Clements is just one part of the equation. If the Bills can't handle a team like Houston sans Clements, then how can they be considered a playoff team? I mean, didn't the Pats win a SB without Law and 3/4 of their secondary? Oh, that's right... that was against an NFC team. I forgot, that doesn't count.

the patriots certainly lost all hope and went in the tank when their best corner, ty law, went down to injury.  it's just impossible for teams to overcome these sorts of injuries.

you are correct; the bills may as well not even show up for the game if clements can't play.

430016[/snapback]

Are you really comparing us to the Patriots. I love the Bills, but we are no where near the Patriots at this time.