My constant Bledsoe Bashing & "Statue" comments

Foxboro Mike

I couldn't have summed up my thoughts about this thread or the thread starter any better.

30439[/snapback]

Coach Chuck, that "fyou" smilie was made for people like you - people who like to attack other posters because of their views and just aren't literate enough to express it with the written word.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that's how Thurman's Helmet and I wound up over here in the first place - after week one last year we were inundated with Bills fans.  We never would have heard of this place otherwise.

30468[/snapback]

Perhaps but how many TBDers continue to post on a regular basis? I think you would get tired if one of us posted on your own board day in and day out about Tom Brady’s sexual orientation.

Perhaps but how many TBDers continue to post on a regular basis?  I think you would get tired if one of us posted on your own board day in and day out about Tom Brady’s sexual orientation.

30476[/snapback]

Oh, I don't know. Maybe they all get their estrogen therapy together.

Perhaps but how many TBDers continue to post on a regular basis?  I think you would get tired if one of us posted on your own board day in and day out about Tom Brady’s sexual orientation.

30476[/snapback]

I agree, which is why I stopped the Drew madness.

Drew did not cause the loss.

But it is pretty sad that the offensive braintrust has so little confidence in our HoF QB that they felt compelled to dumb down the offense so much that a rooke could run it. (Gee- I may have stumbled onto something here. too bad our rookie got hurt)

However, you are incorrect in that the Bills paid Drew $5 mil for this limited production. TD will pay Drew $8.75 mil in cash for 2004. 

Another dubious decision by Teflon Tom if they are not even going to try to exploit Drew's big arm with play action passes, especially with as much as they ran on Sunday.

Hopefully, the coaches will get bolder as they get moe comfortable and the OL starts to jell. Much will depend on if Fat-Slow Mike will ever develop into something more than a turnstyle.

30442[/snapback]

Bingo obie! Look...For anyone who wants to debate this, forget about it because Drew said it himself. He said (basically) if they want me to just hand the Ball off, why did they bring me here in the 1st place?

I really don't think there is any question the Bills did not, and will not get the QB they thought they were getting when they Traded for Drew. The other factors such as bad Coaching and piss poor O-Line play have simply, and I guess in a way luckily, sped up the evaluation process to the point we are at now. Bledsoe is a Vet QB, he can certainly run a Ball Control, 3 yards and a cloud of dust Offense. So just imput a system where the Bills give him the least chance of losing the Game...Certainly this Offense is not set up for a Franchise-type QB like the Favre's, McNair's, Culpepper's, Brady's, and Manning's of the NFL who are given Offensive systems that not only match their talents, but also make them them the focal points, especially with the Game on the line...

Look, I guess I'm glad now the Bills have Drew if only for the fact that JP got hurt...But I'll never in a million years agree with the Contract extention, and we've been over this thing ad nauseam. I still for the life of me don't understand why, if the Bills were going in this direction, they used the #13 overall pick on a 5-11 speedy WR. But it has been only one Game, and I realize this new Offense needs time. I thought they were simply going REALLY vanilla in the Pre Season, but now I have to admit I'm a bit worried. One TD by the Starting Offense in 4 Pre Season Games, and basically nothing to Lee Evans. And after Week #1, a single TD by the Offense (greatly aided by a TO), and basically nothing to Lee Evans...I hope this is not a trend. And before anyone jumps me about Evans being a Rookie WR let me make it clear I'm not expecting him to get 1500 yards this year and 12 TD's. But I do expect the Bills to attempt to get him the Ball Deep minimum one time per Game if only to loosen up opposing Defenses. And BTW, that means even when the opposing D's are showing Cover 2 and dropping those Safeties WAY deep. Throw the Ball out of bounds, just show your not afraid to try it....Keep them honest that's all, Jim Kelly used to do it all the time...

But I'll say this much, thusfar I can't bash Drew because he's doing a good job. The Sacks are down, he looks more lively, and he's getting the Ball out quick. And he's our Starting QB so I'm behind him this year 100%. But make no mistake about it, keeping Drew for 2004 means the Bills were telling each and everyone of us this was not a rebuilding year, and it was said time and time again by the Bills Brass that this is a Playoff calibre Team. Well...what I saw on Sunday was definitely a Playoff calibre Defense (4th Down conversions excluded), but again 10 Offensive points at Home will just about never get the job done. And if this is indicative of the Offense we will see for the rest of the year (and I really don't think it is, at least I hope to heck it is not), TD will never be able to convice me it was money well spent on DB... B)

Unfortunately this board is unwilling to have any debate anymore over Bledsoe's ability to lead the Bills to the promised land. If you disagree with Drew's play AT ALL, then you are automatically labeled a "crusader."

Yes, Drew had a technically sound game yesterday and made no major mistakes like he routinely did last year. Yes, the blame for the offensive woes against the Jags was partly due to a superior Jags run D and to Mularkey's conservative play calling and to Moulds' fumbles, etc...

However, we have $5 mill+ invested in our starting QB this season, and for that amount of dough I'd like to see the starting QB be asked to do a little bit more than hand off the ball 60% of the time and make only a couple pass attempts per game greater than 20 yards. 10 points of total offense off of 2 defensive turnovers is not going to win us a lot of games. Shane Matthews can easily do all that we asked of Drew yesterday, and Matthews costs us only the veteran minimum. If Sunday's game was a sign of all that we expect from Drew this season, maybe we should have flat out released him in the offseason and used that extra cash to get some real interior linemen. That's all some of the anti-Bledsoe people are saying.

Drew is a Bill and I still support him all the way. In the weeks to come, though, I hope we can debate his worth to the team without being torn a new one in the process.

Foxboro Mike, as long as you're willing to accept positive criticism of Drew, then I see no reason for you to not continue posting on this forum.

29867[/snapback]

KH...You made my day, week, month, and year with that post.

Well said Brother, could not have said it better myself. And Thank You!

B)

Its like talking about someone else's family, you dont have that right. You were being a dick. I'm still suprised you spend the time to come here and put forth your drivel the way you do. Maybe you should get another hobby. After Bledsoe is gone you'll have some other player to hang  you bull sh*t on. Some here are giving you a free pass, and  I wont. I've been reading your sh*t long enough to know your not doing it in the name of good sportsman ship. So, for lack of a better way of saying it, !@#$ off.

Again, go away. :lol:

Rant over, flame on Mike lovers ;)

30136[/snapback]

Well said, e. It's amazing how many posters think that the trolls like Fugsboro Mike are just good naturedly "teasing". Whatever... :lol:

Intelligent football talk is one thing, constant dead horse beating is another. I'll believe it when I see it, but I won't hold my breath. :(:(

Jesus, Man... when you wre ADK#1BillsFan, you were easily the most vocal and caustic critic of most Bills fans, now you're a victimized pacifist?

Please, relax.  This stuff is all in fun.

30404[/snapback]

Critic of most bills fans, what? Ok.... I'm more relaxed today Mikie and sorry but I'm still not buying it man. The only thing that I can ever remember EVER criticizing anyone on theis board about is not being patient enough with this team. period... Other than that I could care less what other peoples opinions are. But, when that point or opinion is trying to be made over and over and over again that just gets old. That all..

Guest guest of Jonny Lamar
Could you cut that twelve-step program down to like, a five, or three step? I mean, it is Drew you know. A statue and all. He has been taught to get off those programs quicker.

29723[/snapback]

Guest guest of Jonny Lamar
Could you cut that twelve-step program down to like, a five, or three step? I mean, it is Drew you know. A statue and all. He has been taught to get off those programs quicker.

29723[/snapback]

drew, after a 12-step program....

If this was my board i would ban Foxboro in a minute. This board is for BILLS fans not PATS fans. Most of Foxboro's posts are about bashing Bledsoe. He always had to throw in his 2 cents about how bad he thinks Bledsoe is.

I have seen numerous posts where people who are true Bledsoe fans get their parade pissed on by Foxboro's flat out Bledsoe bashing or back handed comments. Most of them are uncalled for and he is trying to ruffle the feathers of people. He is the kind of person that you wish he was in the room with him you so you could beat the piss out of him.

Foxboro is a Patriots fan. My advice for him is to go find a Patriots board. I am sure there is one out there. I myself have never looked for one because there is no reason for me to post there.

The thing that gets me the most is that Spiked Lemonade was banned from this board for his crusade against Bledsoe but Foxboro Mike has not. At least Spiked was at least some sort of Bills fan.

It all starts with on simple phrase.

"HI, my name is Foxboro mike, and i am a bledsoe basher!"

you seem to be well on your way!

I'm pretty sure that my opinion of Drew Bledsoe is pretty well-known on Two Bills Drive.  Is this an understatement?  :D

I started a thread critiquing Bledsoe this AM that was greeted with a lot of consternation and knashing of teeth.  My comments were meant to be light-hearted, to ignite a spirited debate on the board, and to tweak the Bledsoe apologists a little (hey, I'm being honest).  My goal wasn't to offend, I swear.  I love the good-natured back and forth and ripping on each other's teams, as well as the good, solid football talk.  :D Part of the fun of being a sports-fan is busting on the opposition, IMO. 

Even I can see at this point that my opinions regarding Drew are tired and have run its course.

So, for those of you who despise my Drew-bashing (and me), here it is:  Consider my Drew-Bashing a thing of the past; I'm on Twelve-Step Statue recovery program.  I'm admit I've been excessive in my vocal critique of 'ol #11, and I pledge to not unnecessarily or gratuitously slander Bledsoe going forward in any way.  Any criticism of him will be valid, straightforward and as gentle as possible, I promise.

I hope you'll allow me these last words on the subject, if only to get it out of my system:

Statue, Albatross, Cerebral, patpatpatshufflesack.

My pledge starts... NOW.

I only hope the Dead Horse Beaters Club can forgive me.  ;)

McGahee's ACL became Foxboro Mike, I can do it againTo quote Rocky IV:  If I can change, you can change, anyone can change!!!" :P

Edit:  Whoops, need to change my signature too.

29703[/snapback]