Awful Thought:

I was just listening to the news about all the national guard and army personal heading to New Orleans.

Anyone else think our "friends" from the middle east might take advantage of the distraction to do something truly awful to mark the 4 year anniversary of 9/11?

It is less than two weeks away. The relief efforts will be going full steam well passed then

I was just listening to the news about all the national guard and army personal heading to New Orleans.

Anyone else think our "friends" from the middle east might take advantage of the distraction to do something truly awful to mark the 4 year anniversary of 9/11?

It is less than two weeks away. The relief efforts will be going full steam well passed then

426027[/snapback]

The irony would be if they had targeted New Orleans, and the whole cell drowned during the flood.

When I heard about the sniper fire on the hospital that's what I thought of. If anything I think it proves that there may have been an overestimation in the media of the proliferation of Al Quaeda sleeper cells in the U.S. This would indeed be the ideal time for them to strike.

When I heard about the sniper fire on the hospital that's what I thought of.  If anything I think it proves that there may have been an overestimation in the media of the proliferation of Al Quaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.  This would indeed be the ideal time for them to strike.

426038[/snapback]

That is what I thought about the sniper as well. Why the hell else would he do it.

They may not have done anything yet, but the "Chatter" is that they want to make 9//11 the day of another big strike.

Our resources to respond would be all tied up.

Mermaids.  Fantastic boobies, but the genetalia of a carp.  It sucks to be an almost martyr.

426037[/snapback]

It probably sucks to be a real martyr. Those dudes are unable to get laid in real life (hence the suicide bombing solution) and they're condemning themselves to an eternity of clumsy "first times" with other virgins. Way to go. :blink:

It probably sucks to be a real martyr.  Those dudes are unable to get laid in real life (hence the suicide bombing solution) and they're condemning themselves to an eternity of clumsy "first times" with other virgins.  Way to go.  :blink:

426064[/snapback]

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Well, maybe just this once.

I wouldn't think they'd strike there. By the time 9/11 rolls around if things are still a major mess like now (which I doubt) those people would welcome death. Besides remember what terror's all about - striking at the heart of the average person whilst they're living their daily lives. This is hardly that. This is, or appears to be for the most part, the poorest segment of that area's society, the oldest and sickest, going through horrors I'll pray I never see.

Again - we're not used to it. Elsewhere it's not as unusual. It may not be widespread but we should realize that while we're obsessing over how to lose that last five pounds or how to make Listerine better, people are going to bed hungry wondering how they'll feed their family the next day. If the terrorists want to strike while we're weakened, we'll have to suck it up and live through it, just as any other country would. We may have been exempt from major suffering for a long time but that doesn't mean it will always be so.

Or even that it should be. We're human like the rest of the world and no better than a lot of them.

I wouldn't think they'd strike there.  By the time 9/11 rolls around if things are still a major mess like now (which I doubt) those people would welcome death.  Besides remember what terror's all about - striking at the heart of the average person whilst they're living their daily lives.  This is hardly that.  This is, or appears to be for the most part, the poorest segment of that area's society, the oldest and sickest, going through horrors I'll pray I never see.

Again - we're not used to it.  Elsewhere it's not as unusual.  It may not be widespread but we should realize that while we're obsessing over how to lose that last five pounds or how to make  Listerine better, people are going to bed hungry wondering how they'll feed their family the next day.  If the terrorists want to strike while we're weakened, we'll have to suck it up and live through it, just as any other country would.  We may have been exempt from major suffering for a long time but that doesn't mean it will always be so.

Or even that it should be.  We're human like the rest of the world and no better than a lot of them.

426095[/snapback]

Actually I was thinking they would hit some place far away from New Orleans, while all our resources are down there...

I would think they'd want to hit us when all was perceived to be well so that the psychological impact would be greater.

An attack right now would hurt bad but it wouldnt dominate the news 100% of the time due to the Hurricane damage.

On 9/11, everyone remembers it as being a beautiful quiet day during a very slow news cycle (Summer of the shark & Gary Condit)

I would think they'd want to hit us when all was perceived to be well so that the psychological impact would be greater.

An attack right now would hurt bad but it wouldnt dominate the news 100% of the time due to the Hurricane damage. 

On 9/11, everyone remembers it as being a beautiful quiet day during a very slow news cycle  (Summer of the shark & Gary Condit)

426227[/snapback]

Yes, but they also want to kill a bunch of people.

Do something in a major city with relief workers tied up, and the bodies would pile up.

It could also add to the over sense panic and the belief that world has gone to hell, which it kinda of has...

It probably sucks to be a real martyr.  Those dudes are unable to get laid in real life (hence the suicide bombing solution) and they're condemning themselves to an eternity of clumsy "first times" with other virgins.  Way to go.  <_<

426064[/snapback]

If you get 72 virgins it sounds like a lot. When you consider that you each one is only a virgin once and that you have to make them last an eternity, suddenly 72 seems like an inadequate number. These guys should get a better union.

How could they do anything here?  the reason we are ifighting them in the streets of Iraq is so we don't have to fight them in the streets of America....where's the sarcasm button?

426359[/snapback]

Canada was become a "Sandals" resort for terrorists, maybe they will come from there...

Actually I was thinking they would hit some place far away from New Orleans, while all our resources are down there...

426118[/snapback]

They could do that any time. Our resources are scattered all over and as we've seen it takes time to mobilize.

If they're been working on something and it's ready they'll do it. Que sera sera.