Parrish back in time for opener??

merlin

Just noticed this quote from Bobby April in the SI article about the Bills linked on the front page ... this is sounding like Roscoe will be available for the opener!! :P

"When wideout Roscoe Parrish, a rookie second-round pick out of Miami with 4.37 speed in the 40, injured his wrist in camp, no one wore a sadder face than special teams coach Bobby April. "He'll be back by the start of the season, and then you'll really see something," April says. "[The other coaches] like him as a third wideout, but I like him as a return man. I know we've got Terrence McGee, but Roscoe is dynamite as a punt returner. I would not want to have to tackle him.""

Bills preview from SI.com

Great news if this is true!!!

ALSO, this means that we won't have to risk having Nate Clements back there on punt return duty. That never did make sense to me.

Hope Roscoe can get used to that "weird spin" that the JESTS new punter apparently puts on the ball ... preseason opponent teams seem to be having lots of trouble handling them without fumbling ....

GO BILLS!!

Just noticed this quote from Bobby April in the SI article about the Bills linked on the front page ... this is sounding like Roscoe will be available for the opener!!  :P

"When wideout Roscoe Parrish, a rookie second-round pick out of Miami with 4.37 speed in the 40, injured his wrist in camp, no one wore a sadder face than special teams coach Bobby April. "He'll be back by the start of the season, and then you'll really see something," April says. "[The other coaches] like him as a third wideout, but I like him as a return man. I know we've got Terrence McGee, but Roscoe is dynamite as a punt returner. I would not want to have to tackle him.""

GO BILLS!!

424313[/snapback]

Finally some good news.

Nice find.

Just noticed this quote from Bobby April in the SI article about the Bills linked on the front page ... this is sounding like Roscoe will be available for the opener!!  :P

GO BILLS!!

424313[/snapback]

yaaaaaaaa baby! The secret is out.

Agreed that he would need to be fully recovered and run little risk of making the wrist injury worse before we use him as a PR guy. I don't see this happening as he got no reps in pre-season returning punts and though he did this in college, college ball and pro ball are two different things.

His hands and heart will be full merely getting into the line-up for position play and adding on the additional performance need of PR seems like more than we need to do given we have other options.

As far as Clements goes, one of the clear MM "ways" of doing things is that he wants to put the best players on the field to play. While GW tended to try to protect players from injury on ST by having them only play positions, MM sent Clements out for PR and even Fletcher for short returns on KOs and it paid off.

While this view might tend toward use of Parrish on ST right away, I think it is questionable whether he or Clements is better because we have not seen Parrish in the pro game. In addition to that, we have seen Haddad, Freddy Smith (though I think he gets cut) and even Leonhard produce at PR.

I see little reason to experiment with Parrish on PR while we are experiementing with him at WR while we have PR options which have produced.

I wonder if this is why Coach Mularkey was very quiet about Roscoe Parrish's injury. Could it have been just a way to cover it up so that the Texans don't prepare for him? Is this a slip of the lip by Bobby April? Or is it just a typo? hmmm.....

I wonder if this is why Coach Mularkey was very quiet about Roscoe Parrish's injury. Could it have been just a way to cover it up so that the Texans don't prepare for him?  Is this a slip of the lip by Bobby April? Or is it just a typo? hmmm.....

424358[/snapback]

Or perhaps April's comment is just a way to make the Texans waste some time preparing for Parrish on both ST and defense.

I wonder if this is why Coach Mularkey was very quiet about Roscoe Parrish's injury. Could it have been just a way to cover it up so that the Texans don't prepare for him?  Is this a slip of the lip by Bobby April? Or is it just a typo? hmmm.....

424358[/snapback]

Those Texans..shame on them for not preparing for a chap with zero NFL experience. :P

"weird spin" that the JESTS new punter apparently puts on the ball ... preseason opponent teams seem to be having lots of trouble handling them without fumbling ....

Do you have any links about that spin. I haven't heard it before .

I would like to read about it...thanks

"weird spin" that the JESTS new punter apparently puts on the ball ... preseason opponent teams seem to be having lots of trouble handling them without fumbling ....

424385[/snapback]

:P

I read that earlier and have been thinking about it all day. I wish we knew when that comment was from. If it is recent (past few days) then its great news. If it is from a few days after he got hurt, then I don't know if its a legit comment.

424385[/snapback]

He is a left footed Australian Football League refugee. 31 years old, Ben Graham. Booming punts consistantly during camp, big guy 6'4" 220. When he kicks, the ball rotates end over end, away from the return man. The players have been having fits trying to catch the ball cleanly. They are questioning their own punt returners because no one can catch the damn ball.

He is a left footed Australian Football League refugee. 31 years old, Ben Graham. Booming punts consistantly during camp, big guy 6'4" 220. When he kicks, the ball rotates end over end, away from the return man. The players have been having fits trying to catch the ball cleanly. They are questioning their own punt returners because no one can catch the damn ball.

424409[/snapback]

I just read where both punters being left footed is what causes the spin.

I don't know why that would be.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...=ny-jets-bigpix

424358[/snapback]

I was thinking the same exact things.