Katrina has arrived in WNY

yeah the heavy stuff was here in ohio all day today so it should be moving up that way. It rained strong and steady the entire day without letting up for a second. I think I got completely drenched 3 separate times today too and from class. I can't even imagine how insane it must have been to be in the middle of that storm at full strength.

Add in 90 mph winds winds and there you have my last Friday.

423755[/snapback]

You obviously have electricity and internet access which is a good sign - glad that you're OK, dib.

Whereabouts are you?

Great......I don't have a sump pump.  :doh:

423763[/snapback]

We installed one ourselves after our first winter in our house. It was a pain in the buttox. But well worth it. Keeps all the people I have trapped in my basement dry.

Why? Who are you keeping down there?  :doh:

423762[/snapback]

Oh, freaking great. You made me look, Todd. I turned on the light and saw this shiny liquid stuff along the side of the steps......and I just re-painted part of the floor Sunday. :D

We had quite a bit of rain in NE Ohio last night...the winds really picked up around midnight. I was at the office late last night and had to fight the wind and rain to get back to my car.

We've had some flooding here...but miniscule compared to Louisiana and Mississippi.

Mike

We had 4 inches in central Ohio

424287[/snapback]

About the same here in SW Ohio - I've got one of those plastic rain guages in my front garden. We sure needed the moisture.

Nice rain, though - a few downpours, but pretty steady. I get some seepage in really heavy rains, but nary a drop through the passage of this front. Not much excessive wind...

Great......I don't have a sump pump.  :P

423763[/snapback]

If you put in a sump pump and sump well, be sure to also install a battery back-up unit. About 150 - 200 bucks.

It's embarrasing to have the power go out, put on your galoshes, and stare at your dead, main pump. :lol: