Anyone read WSJournal today

If the Bills can take advantage of their proximity to Canada, it could be even better.  I don't know if the marketing department has done this or not.  That's an advantage only the Bills and maybe Detroit have.  I say maybe because about one-fourth of Canada's population is within a three hour drive of Buffalo, and other than Windsor and maybe London, there are no major Canadian cities within driving distance of Detroit.

422397[/snapback]

The Bills do a good marketing job in southern Ontario. When I had seasons tix in the 90s, about 10% of the seats were filled by drunken Canadians! :lol:

"Some owners have backed giving the league the authority to force an owner to sell a team that fails to meet financial-performance standards over time, league executives say. Another proposal would force owners to repay revenue-sharing money if they sell the franchise."

Well, isn't that just dandy?

I could see someone trying to bring the hammer down on the Bills.

You know who's f*cked in this kind of scheme? Fans of small market teams. They'll be forced to buy merchandise, luxury boxes etc to keep the axeman from coming and wiping out their team.

I don't like it one bit. Nope.

422476[/snapback]

So, if I buy a woodsplitter and after I use it and say, "Well, I think I've got enough to last the winter for me," the likes of Jerry Jones can rush in my house, and slap down some documents saying that b/c I don't use the woodsplitter to start a firewood business where I can make $175/cord in a market share that demands 20 cords a year (for which to maximize my profits and sell "We Heart Wood" T-shirts, I'll have to advertise to end), I am required by contractual statute to sell the woodsplitter. The point being lost on him that IT'S MY WOODSPLITTER! and I can manage it however I want.

The state of property rights in America is hanging from a cliff by the fingertips. Jerry Jones is the man in black shoes (joined by the men and woman in black robes) who steps on its hands.

>>>>The state of property rights in America is hanging from a cliff by the fingertips. Jerry Jones is the man in black shoes (joined by the men and woman in black robes) who steps on its hands.<<<<

There are eough people stepping on the hands of private property ownership to make one think of the old show "Dance Fever."

Most people don't care or even applaud this; so the onslaught continues. :lol:

Buffalo is a small market team if you look at it as just the city itself. When you factor in Rochester and the Ontario, then we have a much bigger fan base to draw from than many other cities. Then we are right up there with some of the teams considered to be medium markets like Seattle and Atlanta. We are at a much bigger advantage than Jax and New Orleans and some other teams that don't have the regional advantage.

Guys like JJ and Snyder don't realize the sacrifice that the old line owners made so that all of the owners could field a team, be competitive and make money. If JJ wants a war, that is fine, he can run smaller teams out of the league and we can go to a 10 team league with NY, Chicago, New England, Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Philly, Washington, San Francisco and add in LA. Then the next TV contract will be for much less as people lose interest in most other parts of the country. Economically, the league will be unbalanced because of a lack of a cap and LA will play NY for the Super Bowl every year while Jerry wonders what went wrong.