Pats release Rohan Davey

Thailog80

Can't figure that one out.  Why didn't NE just take the draft pick instead of outright cutting him?

421682[/snapback]

Im sure the great and powerful Belichick will pull something off. Maybe the league will step in and award them a draft pick if he signs with Cleveland........(Aw just give it to them) :P:blink:

Davey definitely will be a Brown...Saban (for some ungodly reason) has already stated that its a two-way race between Feely and Ferrotte for who takes the starting job. I cant imagine he'd give his team much confidence if a week before the regular season, he simply says "Actually...both of you guys suck, time for the Rohan Davey Era"

Maybe Chicago?

421721[/snapback]

Chicago just named Orton their starter..so I doubt it.

Miami would take him, as a backup till he learns the O and can be the starter.

Cleveland would be a good fit, but Crennel will buld that team on D, and not try to overhaul the O.

The point that should have been made in this thread was that Rohan lost out his slot to Doug Flutie...that is the sad commentary for Rohan.

The point that should have been made in this thread was that Rohan lost out his slot to Doug Flutie...that is the sad commentary for Rohan.

421728[/snapback]

I disagree. I think they would lose Davey after this upcoming season anyway. IMHO I think Flutie fills in for a year until Cassel (Who they are very very high on) is ready to assume the number two job. Economically and football savy move.

I disagree. I think they would lose Davey after this upcoming season anyway. IMHO I think Flutie fills in for a year until Cassel (Who they are very very high on) is ready to assume the number two job. Economically and football savy move.

421736[/snapback]

If they were going to lose Davey anyway after the season, they why not keep him until Cassel is ready? Because they have more confidence in Flutie as the backup than Davey. Maybe I am not so saavy, but I just see it as giving Davey a chance with another team, instead of him wasting a season on the roster. I give BellyAche credit for letting him catch on with another team since he is not in the plans for the Pats.

If they were going to lose Davey anyway after the season, they why not keep him until Cassel is ready?  Because they have more confidence in Flutie as the backup than Davey.  Maybe I am not so saavy, but I just see it as giving Davey a chance with another team, instead of him wasting a season on the roster.  I give BellyAche credit for letting him catch on with another team since he is not in the plans for the Pats.

421745[/snapback]

Belichick is a flutopian that's why. :D