1000 Evildoers Go Free

blzrul

story

And they PROMISE to to good.

Were they innocent? Torturing innocent people, shame on us.

Where they guilty? Then why let them go.

I wonder how many of them have already joined the insurgency. They're surely leaving with no love for their captors / occupiers.

Ah well. Bring it on.

If we're so bad as they say we are, how come we didn't torture all these guys to death?

420541[/snapback]

Let me guess. You're one of those people who think Abner Louima is now going around sporting an NYPD hat and an I ♥ NY T-shirt?

There's quite a few people in AG who were abused even worse than the photos that were released. Gen. Myers a couple of weeks ago said that if the new photos and videos they had were released, there would be massive rioting and violence much worse than after that Newsweek incident. The admission of this, that they are that bad and the fact that in many cases, that admission alone would be enough for them to riot, had me wondering at the dearth of "Richard Myers !@#$s America" threads.

story

Were they innocent?  Torturing innocent people, shame on us.

Where they guilty?  Then why let them go.

I wonder how many of them have already joined the insurgency.  They're surely leaving with no love for their captors / occupiers.

Ah well.  Bring it on.

420527[/snapback]

You amaze me once again. Did you happen to read past the opening paragraph? I highly doubt it.

'Facilitator to bombers' killed

Meanwhile, a man described as a "major facilitator of foreign fighters and suicide bombers into northern Iraq" was killed by coalition forces Thursday in Mosul, the U.S. military said Saturday.

Abu Khallad, a Saudi national, was found after intelligence sources and tips led Multi-National Forces to his location in Mosul.

"Upon arrival at that location, multi-national forces stopped his vehicle, a gunfight immediately ensured and Khallad and an unidentified terrorist were shot and killed," the military said in a written statement.

Recent detainees have said Khallad contacted recruiters in Saudi Arabia to coordinate the movement of foreign fighters and suicide bombers into northern Iraq, the military said.

Also, "once in Mosul, he allegedly directed the distribution of the foreign fighters and suicide bombers to the various terrorist cells operating in Mosul."

In addition, the military believes Khallad was active in supporting foreign fighters smuggled into the Mosul area, supplying them with money, weapons and bomb-making materials, according to information from detainees.

The resources, the detainees have said, were from donations to the same Saudi contacts who recruited the fighters and sent them to Mosul.

story

Were they innocent?  Torturing innocent people, shame on us.

Where they guilty?  Then why let them go.

I wonder how many of them have already joined the insurgency.  They're surely leaving with no love for their captors / occupiers.

Ah well.  Bring it on.

420527[/snapback]

Here ya go:

"Those chosen for release were not convicted of violent crimes, the statement said, "and all have admitted their crimes, renounced violence and pledged to be good citizens of a democratic Iraq."

Oh goodie! They promised to be good. Thank god, now we can move on. :rolleyes:

Here ya go:

"Those chosen for release were not convicted of violent crimes, the statement said, "and all have admitted their crimes, renounced violence and pledged to be good citizens of a democratic Iraq."

Oh goodie! They promised to be good. Thank god, now we can move on. :doh:

423218[/snapback]

See how effective counselling can be?