Inital thoughts about tonight's

Greg Jerman can’t play…

Fast Freddie’s 15 minutes have expired….

Jason Peters is still struggling in run blocking….

Sam Aiken is a mystery…the guy never seems to get downfield…

Dorenbos has nothing to worry about….

Sadly, my boy Liam looks like a goner…sniff!

The TE has been missing in action so far in the passing game…makes me think Campbell might be a big target in the Houston gameplan…

Duke Preston is going to be our starting left guard within the next month….

Typical preseason game. Very sloppy. Chock full of mistakes. Penalties up the behind. Doesn't count. Let's move on.

Bills D dominated the Bears offense. Fast Freddy is finished. Lionel Gates needs new shoes and new hands- he was not impressive. McNally called Jason Peters the "best left tackle prospect" he has ever seen. Enough said there.

I think Haddad makes the team over Reed, Aiken, Smith. Who gets the boot out of the latter three?

Ritzmann got some time with the first D and had a half sack. He looks real good.

Whatever happened to Justin Bannan and Ryan Denney? I think these two will be on the waiver wire soon.

Bills will win games with Defense, Special Teams and limiting turnovers and penalties on offense. Works for me.

Also, Ruben Brown had his typical pro bowl game. One holding penalty and he looked like a turnstyle on numerous occasions. Bills D was blowing by him left and right.

Didn't see the game, but good news on Ritzmann.  Did Gause get any time with the 1st's and if he did, how did he look?

As for WR, I see Reed and Haddad making it, and Wilson as well.  Smith's only ticket to the team was as a PR and Aiken just doesn't seem to get it.  At least with Wilson there's potential.

420094[/snapback]

Didn't see much from Gause, but Ritzmann looked good on the few plays I watched him.

I can't see Wilson making it, since Aiken at least plays well on ST. I'm holding out hope for a late waiver pickup for WR #5, though.

Greg Jerman can’t play…

The TE has been missing in action so far in the passing game…makes me think Campbell might be a big target in the Houston gameplan…

420076[/snapback]

Aiken isn't a mystery, the knock on him coming out of UNC was lack of speed. As far as the wr corps is concerned, they could draw from a hat to make cuts beyond Moulds/Evans and Haddad. The rest have all played poorly. You could be right about Preston, Anderson had two more penalties tonight. I believe he is up to 5 in three games now.

McGahee lost a fumble inside the Bears 10 yard line...he also averaged less than 3 yards per carry. He had a couple nice runs, but overall he had a poor game just like the rest of the offense.

As for Lindell...boy just once I would like to see the guy make a FG in the 4th quarter that was not a chip shot. I still have no confidence in this guy.

I also thought the Bills 2nd and 3rd teamers were very poor tonight after looking decent in the first 2 pre-season games.

The score really doesn't matter...if the starters were in the whole game, the Bears never score a TD let alone 2.

Steve Baker is probably the easiest cut Mularkey will ever have to make, what a terrible punter. I know they don't want to risk Moorman's leg and all, but enough is enough.

I don't see the hype behind Greg Jerman, who suddenly became some great prospect because his face was in the paper, after showing nothing special the first two pre-season games. He somehow managed to fall down out of his stance, and while amusing, it still costs five yards.

Gates needed to switch to some new spikes, he was falling on his face every other play, including during a pretty crucial kick return, which he also fumbled. He also dropped a few passes, not a good outing for him.

Nice to see Lindell back up to his regular season consistency after much ass smooching for a 54 yarder. But don't worry, bad snaps and the grass will be blamed, it wasn't his fault (and it never is).

Man, what a downer from all the late rounders and UDFA's this year!

420099[/snapback]

Yeah, on defense, when Orton came in he really carved up the young reserve defense, and the offensive reserves never got squat going. Gause got dragged into the endzone for a TD, and Ritzmann wore down quickly with extended playing time and was worthless in the second half. The high number of special teams plays probably wore some of the young guys out, but still, they needed to make plays and did not.

As an aside, I also don't think Troy Vincent is really taking to FS as well as expected. Too many false steps. Otherwise, first team defense looked great.

I'll stay away from the offense for the most part as they were putrid, although I thought the pass protection tonight was pretty good by the starters and JP did OK other than the one play down in scoring territory...

Important players (besides the usual Spikes and Clements, Fletcher) that I thought played very well on D were Kelsay, Edwards, Milloy, and Stamer.

Greer had a very rough go of it tonight.

I felt that Gause outplayed Ritzman vs. the run, but Ritzman as usual was better pass rushing.

Lindell was poor, as was the holder tonight.

German was horid.

King had a nice breakup and a decent open field tackle.

Josh Reed did pretty well in limited opportunities.

Willis was the worst I have seen him in two years, although the run blocking was quite poor too. He looked slow to the outside early on, then picked it up. He was also too hestitant on short yardage plays.

Haggan did little and Crowell didn't impress much either.

Haddad was decent at WR and made a nice return.

I felt that as a WR , Freddie made 2 nice medium range grabs, but didn't impress on punt returns where he was indecisive.

Wilson made a tackle on teams and a heads up fumble recovery, but missed his chance on a nice route due to a high and away JP throw.

That's about all for now.

My guess on the WRs is:

#1 WR Moulds (still pronbsbly the best athlete on the O, though money may make him gone next year}

#2 WR Evans (his and Losman's names may be linked together and I like the signs of develeping chemistry between these two more than between Losman/Noulds though that was a nice pass in the slot in the first half)

#3 Parrish (though inactive for first few games will play as soon as a brace lowers any chance for reinjury as his wheels are the thing which will warp the D and make Moulds.Evans more effective in 3 WR sets.

#4 Reed (did the job as a rookie at #3 so less responsibility will be only way he develops confidence back after droppsies occured. he will get last chance to step when in at #3 till Parrish is back and good reports on his blocking willingness and ability will be of use since WM running is the name of the game until Parrish threat opens up the O.

# 5 Haddad- Has set himself apart from other receivers this pre-season and Clements will need a back-up at PR and Fast Freddy just does not cut it as a receiver or have consistency as a PR threat. Aiken simply has not put a chokehold on the receiver position when given a chance and there are a bunch of hungry dudes for ST and in fact we will generally go with 5 WRs though Aiken may hang on until Parrish is back.

Greg Jerman can’t play…

420076[/snapback]

I agree. The defense will be very good, but how long can they take three and outs this season? This offense has a long way to go. The running game gets no push and the passing game seemed to rely on short passes. That doesn't exactly scare any defenses. The Bears defense is good but not great. There secondary was weak last night with the loss of Mike Brown and we still couldn't take advantage. Also our OL looked weak last night. There was no push and nobody stood out in my mind as solid. Glad it was a pre-season game, because if this was the regular season it could be trouble.

I am still banging my damn head against the wall.  We should have crushed the damn Bears tonight.  This offense looked like total garbage.

Well cept Mcgahee

420078[/snapback]

Crushing any NFL team is a hard undertaking. Certainly, they could've played alot better!

The Bears could possibly be a winning team with the way they man handled our O-line.