I would like Eric Moulds to sit out tonight

I really want the position of the 3rd wideout to be won or lost tonight. That way, the 3 best wideouts can start working out with the first string Offense during practice and the 4th preseason game.

I know they wont play the starting Offense alot during the last preseason but with a rookie QB every rep counts.

So sit Eric, and play Evans for 1 quarter. Let the WRs fall where they may. :devil:

I predict Reed to make it as the 3 WR and that will last for about 5 weeks. (He catches the Ball to close to his body and, from what I saw this summer, has done nothing to correct that.)

I predict Reed to make it as the 3 WR and that will last for about 5 weeks.  (He catches the Ball to close to his body and, from what I saw this summer, has done nothing to correct that.)

419160[/snapback]

When he actually catches the ball, you mean.

Did anyone see the little side blurb in the D&C.

It said that Josh Reed had a terrible week of practice.

Couldn't catch a G--D--n thing.

I am thinking the most important thing for a slot reciever is

consistency. This is as good as he is ever going to get.

He better be huge tonight or CyouLater.

Reed better have 100yds + receiving tonight and 3 tds if he wants to STAY on this team. He is not worth it. He drops important passes. He is paid to catch the ball. He doesn't do that well at all. Nobody is asking for him to have 1000 yds a season even though 2nd round receviers should. He just doesn't cut it.

I may be way off base here, but does anyone else thingk JP and Eric still need to work on their timing? I would like them to enter the regular season very use to each other's style.

That said, Moulds doesn't need the game and he certainly doesn't need to be uneccesarily exposed to possible injury.

I really want the position of the 3rd wideout to be won or lost tonight.  That way, the 3 best wideouts can start working out with the first string Offense during practice and the 4th preseason game.

I know they wont play the starting Offense alot during the last preseason but with a rookie QB every rep counts.

So sit Eric, and play Evans for 1 quarter.  Let the WRs fall where they may.  :devil:

I predict Reed to make it as the 3 WR and that will last for about 5 weeks.  (He catches the Ball to close to his body and, from what I saw this summer, has done nothing to correct that.)

419160[/snapback]

If Eric has badly bruised ribs, I don't think he'll play much if at all. This is the time for comprehensive evaluations before cut day next Tuesday. MM has said Willis won't play much vs. the Bears.

I just wnat Haddad to get a good long look, with some significant time playing with the 1st string.

Haddad has earned the opportunity to prove he is worth a roster spot.

but I agree, i would like to see our #3 - #5 WR's get the look we need to see.

I may be way off base here, but does anyone else thingk JP and Eric still need to work on their timing? I would like them to enter the regular season very use to each other's style.

That said, Moulds doesn't need the game and he certainly doesn't need to be uneccesarily exposed to possible injury.

419196[/snapback]

I totally agree with you on that one Scribo. I have yet to see this offense in a "groove" yet and thats making me a bit nervous. Having said that, did anyone who watched the game last night think the Jags were crazy having their first string offense in during that monsoon?

I have yet to see this offense in a "groove" yet and thats making me a bit nervous.

419493[/snapback]

our offense hasn't had a "groove" since the 1st half of the 2002 season when DB looked like the QB. Before that we haven't had an offensive groove since the Kelly years.

IMO our offense looks better then it has since the no huddle, with the only exception being the 1st 1/2 of 2002.

I heard the ESPN crew last night say that Troy Edwards may be on the bubble for Jacksonville.  If he is cut, would TD go after one of his former #1 picks who has never lived up to his draft status.

419247[/snapback]

per nfl.com Edwards was just released. Watch for TD to put a claim in on him...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/JAC/8780703