Garafolo meltdown

colfax

Are they still on the air?

From what I've read they owe the Boys and Girls club about $850K, have a judgement against them for at least $1.2 M., and have missed payroll several times.

She's bailing soon. I heard she is going to be on some lame sitcom this fall.

She's bailing soon. I heard she is going to be on some lame sitcom this fall.

416994[/snapback]

actually I've heard she's gonna be on The West Wing as a political advisor of all things

actually I've heard she's gonna be on The West Wing as a political advisor of all things

417009[/snapback]

Very believable. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just listened - holy crap was that awful radio! If you want to do a call-in show, it's probably a good idea not to have two hosts gang up on each caller and not let him speak.

Janeane Garofalo is such a spaz. "NOOOOOO....I don't wanna talk to them any-MOOOOOOOOORE! I hate them! I HATE THEM! NOOOOOO!"

The Rush Limbaugh clip was spot-on - I don't want people like Garofalo in charge of national defense.

That woman needs some Ludes. No wonder they're having a difficult time selling advertising.

BTW Colfax, thanks for the laugh. :rolleyes:

416961[/snapback]

Okay, keep dipping her pigtails in the inkwell to convince us you don't love her, we believe you. When did you first fall for her? Was it that cats and dogs movie?

Okay, keep dipping her pigtails in the inkwell to convince us you don't love her, we believe you.  When did you first fall for her? Was it that cats and dogs movie?

417080[/snapback]

:lol::o

Did you listen to it? She sounded like Tennyboy on steroids. :P

hilarious clip of Jeanne Garafolo going crazy on a conservative caller to her Air America show....what a lunatic...is she always so shrill?

warning: PG-13 material

416940[/snapback]

Wow. I hate her. I know I shouldn't hate, but I do.

Granted, the caller she was responding to was a mindless moron, but she's one crazy b!tch.

Wow. I hate her. I know I shouldn't hate, but I do.

Granted, the caller she was responding to was a mindless moron, but she's one crazy b!tch.

417211[/snapback]

hate away....she's a certifiable America-hater

"When Communist U.S.S.R. was a superpower, the world was better off. The right-wing media is trying to marginalize the peace movement."

"When I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.'"

more G-Lo quotes

Okay, keep dipping her pigtails in the inkwell to convince us you don't love her, we believe you.  When did you first fall for her? Was it that cats and dogs movie?

417080[/snapback]

I like when she is interviewed on TV, and below her name it says "comedianne".

They have to remind us because nobody knows she is one, and because she isn't funny.

hilarious clip of Jeanne Garafolo going crazy on a conservative caller to her Air America show....what a lunatic...is she always so shrill?

416940[/snapback]

I happened to listen to this channel every now and then on my XM radio and it seems as if most of the hosts on there are always upset. Some try to be funny with thier commentary but in my opinion it is definatly playing to a very narrow audience. Maybe that is why they are struggling to stay alive.

I happened to listen to this channel every now and then on my XM radio and it seems as if most of the hosts on there are always upset. Some try to be funny with thier commentary but in my opinion it is definatly playing to a very narrow audience. Maybe that is why they are struggling to stay alive.

417899[/snapback]

agreed....the angriest person on the airwaves has to be Randi Rhodes....here's her take on the state of progressive talk radio

BUZZFLASH: Tell us about your program. How did you come to create a left leaning political radio talk show? How long have you been on the air?

RHODES: I've been doing talk radio for 11 years. I've always been left, always. I just think that a society is more sustainable if the most vulnerable come first. For instance, people always yell at me about affirmative action. They say "well if a man gets a job just because he is black isn't that reverse racism?" I tell them no, it's justice. I explain that I know it hurts that you and he were almost identically qualified, but that his race gave him an extra point in the "set" of factors considered. It hurts because justice is supposed to exact a price. It is just because this man was left out of all considerations precisely because of the color of his skin throughout slavery, share cropping and 81 years of Jim Crow laws. This is righting a wrong and that is justice.

This infuriates some people, and others tell me it takes their breath away and they repeat it at parties, which is good because that is how we become more human and solve our problems.

BUZZFLASH: A lot of "mainstream media" think that there is no audience for progressive shows or outlets. What are your comments?

RHODES: Oh, I am so glad you asked. I am a ratings and revenue queen. Number 1 or 2 in the ratings usually. So what are the "mainstream" talking about? Well, they say Liberals don't make money because no one wants to hear them. Okay, let's think.

First, remember that more Americans are registered or identify themselves as Democrats than Republicans. So here's the dirty little secret of news talk. There are advertisers making huge "buys" on really low rated shows that air nationally. If advertisers only go where the listeners are why do they buy cable news, Oliver North, or Rush Limbaugh who has horrible ratings?

They are buying CONTROL of CONTENT. It's leverage, whether it's radio, cable or network. They control millions of dollars of any company's revenue source. So that if something is said or done to disrupt their global business, they take their advertising elsewhere, or threaten to and then shut down the message.

And, think about this . . . how many products are on TV that you can't even buy? Plastics, computer chips, prescription drugs, soybeans. I mean honestly. This is the story that NEVER gets told. People just think, "Well, if your good enough, you'll have a big audience and that's what advertisers want." "Whose being naïve now Kaye?" I am always number one or two in the market. Rush is somewhere around 21st. I replaced G. Gordon Liddy!

I hope this gets told over and over because it is how they control our news, our Information Awareness. Get it?

see, it's all a conspriacy of course

Randi Rhodes interview

Where's the zoom over his head smiley?

The Left Wing reference was a jab at THe West Wing show she will be on.

Her comedy career hasn't been doing too well. It never was that big to begin with.

416940[/snapback]

I'm not surprised..I was listining ot a Hannity radio broadcast in the background, a while back and she was a guest. I only half listened, but she was pretty goofy, and launched into an extollation of her usage of Adderall (No more Biphetamide 20's - Black Mollies, or Yellow Jackets et al these days), pretty much the only Rx amphetimine available these days, and evidently becoming the drug of choice to dope up school kids. :rolleyes:

That combined with her hatred makes me think she will suffer a catastrophic incident that will kill her.

I don't like her, but I wish she's stop what she is doing.

Edited by stuckincincy