[OT] I scream, you scream...

...we all scream for ice cream! :devil:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-whdwe...headlines-local

A West Hartford man, frustrated by the jingle of an ice cream truck, was arrested Sunday night after threatening to castrate the truck driver with a pair of hedge clippers...

...Police arrested Matthew Flynn, 46, Sunday night and charged him with threatening and breach of peace for his alleged threat to a Melly's Ice Cream truck operator who was driving by Flynn's house on 50 Seminole Circle.

Police say Flynn was trimming his hedges when the truck drove by at 6:30 p.m. Sunday. Flynn became enraged at the truck and the jingle it was playing. He stood before the truck, yelling at the teenage driver. He demanded that the driver turn down the music and to refrain from driving down that street again since children don't live there.

Then, according to police, Flynn threatened the driver with his clippers.

"He's making the chopping motion with the hedge trimmer," said Officer Nick Roman, who arrested Flynn. "He may have taken it a little farther than necessary."

...we all scream for ice cream! :devil:

416282[/snapback]

:blush:

There was a posh suburb of Cincinnati that banned them, but they got villified and ridiculed so much, they rescinded the ordanance.

There have also been 3 or 4 drivers in the past couple of years arrested for dealing drugs from their truck. Good Humor, indeed...

When the truck comes through my neighborhood I can't get that damn jingle out of my head for the rest of the night. :devil:  Still, castration is a bit extreme.

416387[/snapback]

The guy in my neighborhood has a truck that plays the theme from "The Sting". It drives me nuts, but still in all when I hear that sound I know SOMEBODY at my house is about to have a Good Humor Chocolate Eclair or Strawberry Shortcake.

The guy in my neighborhood has a truck that plays the theme from "The Sting". It drives me nuts, but still in all when I hear that sound I know SOMEBODY at my house is about to have a Good Humor Chocolate Eclair or Strawberry Shortcake.

416394[/snapback]

Bass Ale would work, but I would prefer a nice Chianti with my Yani's.