Self-Imposed Exile Over - Let's Talk Drew

Foxboro Mike

The first game is over, so my self-imposed Drew exile is over also. Some Bills "O"/Drew analysis, fair and balanced:

There are names for many offenses: The West Coast Offense, the Run-N-Shoot, Air Coryell, etcetera. After one week, it looks like the Bills new offense needs a name. I have a suggestion:

The Bledsoe Lobotomy.

Now normally I'd say taking The Cerebral Statue's brain out of the equation might be a good idea, but the problem is now that Drew is so frightened of taking a chance and turning the ball over, he's lost any remaining part of his swagger/gunslinger mentality that, at times, would make him effective. Maybe he's waiting for an alarm clock to ring, but I'm sure The Statue hits the snooze button often.

Has any other "Hall of Fame Quarterback" - :angry::blush::blink: - ever had such a subtle yet clear indictment of his skills by his own team?!?

So, in effect, what Mularkey and PrimaDonahoe have done is taken a "Hall of Fame Quarterback" (according to his apologists/worshippers), dumbed down the passing game so that NO CHANCES are to be taken, and run the ball much more than you pass it out of fear your "Franchise" QB won't screw up. That's fine if your QB is Rodney Peete making small $$$.

But Drew isn'tmaking small $, thanks to his unindicted co-conspiritor, Teflon Tom: PrimaDonahoe threw a new contract with new bonus $$$ at The Statue even though there was no reason to - his old contract would simply have run out with no cap acceleration if the option bonus was declined.

How do you think Travis Henry feels about running against 8 man fronts? How about The Arrogant Gimp? This will hurt both of their trade value, because opposing teams don't fear The Statue. I'm sure this will sit well with Willis, who's proven he's a team-first guy.

When all is said and done, The Cerebral Statue is now The Cerebral Albatross around the neck of the Bills franchise. Bills divisional rivals thank you.

You guys deserve better.

Oh my god. Do you know how lucky the NEP are that they just happen to draft TB in the 6th round. Just like the Rams were when they picked up KW. And by the way who drafted this what ever you call statue? He is a hell of alot better than Mr. Injury/sack and half pint. I'll take my chances with DB thank you very much.

If we deserved better, someone would delete this thread, knock your myopic ass off this board for good and make sure you never post here again.

You make this board a shithole place to be and I'm thinking it's time to increase my posts at BillsZone rather than have to put up with your repeated blather about Bledsoe.

Someone PM me when this cogsucker is off the board.

It's a long season. Some things were done yesterday to prepare this team for the rest of the year and instill an attitude that will pay off later.

6 months of listening to people say that the coaching staff can't reign in Drew and he won't be able to "dink and dunk" all game. Well, he can. Let's hope he doesn't do it again. :angry:

Tell us Mike how Drew could have possibly played any better yesterday......

He was within the team concept. He was decisive in the pocket. He was accurate and strong with his throws. He didn't turn the ball over. etc. etc.

28942[/snapback]

IMO, a more balanced offense - one where the opponent actually had to fear a passing game that could gouge them - would have scored more points and sealed the deal yesterday. If JAX feared the pass, there would be more room for Henry to run.

It was a shame for the D, as well as they played, to lose on a quasi-flukeish play.

Ok mr.Wizard if not DB then Who? And give me some good names not QB that are journeyman or maybe rookie 6th rounder wonders? Who tough guy.

I bet you were one of the ones screaming to put DB back in for TB.

28947[/snapback]

IMO, there are probably 40 QBs in football that would pose more of a threat to a defense than Drew.

IMO, there are probably 40 QBs in football that would pose more of a threat to a defense than Drew.

28953[/snapback]

Blah Blah :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: blah blah get a life dude..anyone that spends this much time at an opposing teams mesaage board must be a pretty pretty pretty big.....

LOSER

Tell us Mike how Drew could have possibly played any better yesterday......

He was within the team concept. He was decisive in the pocket. He was accurate and strong with his throws. He didn't turn the ball over. etc. etc.

28942[/snapback]

Agree. Unlike last year, DB made no bone-head mistakes that would've cost the game.

I'm hearing different takes on the potential Shelton TD... I didn't see it on the replay, but if there was any doubt, I'm definitely glad he took the sack instead of trying to force one in.

Bottom line, just a tough loss, time to move on.

Raiders can definitely be beaten, I expect a win!

Ok mr.Wizard ,

I WILL ASK YOU AGAIN ,

if not DB then Who? And give me some good names not QB that are journeyman or maybe rookie 6th rounder wonders? Who tough guy.

I bet you were one of the ones screaming to put DB back in for TB.

28953[/snapback]

Okay and with that comment you maybe more inane then most of the pastie trolls. Wow, do you really believe that? You are incredibly blind, if you even consider that statement to be on the level.

If we deserved better, someone would delete this thread, knock your myopic ass off this board for good and make sure you never post here again.

You make this board a shithole place to be and I'm thinking it's time to increase my posts at BillsZone rather than have to put up with your repeated blather about Bledsoe.

Someone PM me when this cogsucker is off the board.

28926[/snapback]

LAB, ROTFLMAO!

FM, why are you so obsessed with telling us all how bad Drew is?

So yeah, the whole offense is designed to turn Drew into a mindless robot who can't hurt the team as is his proclivity, just another indication that the guy sucks and NE was lucky to be rid of him.

OR

It just might be that that the offense is new, the OC is new AND a rookie one at that, and that it might just take more than a few quarters of some meaningless preseason games to get all of the kinks worked out, including the OC having a full command of the play-calling given defensive alignments, down and distance situations, etc. MAYBE, it was the OC that was being reigned in for the first game. MAYBE, Mularkey didn't want him going much beyond a conservative set of play-calling because of the newness of the offense (after all, Travis Henry still hasn't figured out which side is which).

Now why don't you just head on back to your own board and talk about how great your team is and give up your crusade to explain to us all how Drew is the worst QB we could have possibly signed? This "Drew is a sham, always has been always will be let me try to find as many angles by which to convince you of this" drivel is so old it's making you look like a fool.

Agree. Unlike last year, DB made no bone-head mistakes that would've cost the game.

I'm hearing different takes on the potential Shelton TD... I didn't see it on the replay, but if there was any doubt, I'm definitely glad he took the sack instead of trying to force one in.

Bottom line, just a tough loss, time to move on.

Raiders can definitely be beaten, I expect a win!

28958[/snapback]

Taking sacks in that situation is better than forcing it in that situation. He was right there.

IMO, a more balanced offense - one where the opponent actually had to fear a passing game that could gouge them - would have scored more points and sealed the deal yesterday.  If JAX feared the pass, there would be more room for Henry to run.

It was a shame for the D, as well as they played, to lose on a quasi-flukeish play.

28948[/snapback]

Can this numbskull just be banned please. 2 dropped passes on third down conversions. A missed field goal. Another field goal which was never attempted because of the lack of faith in our kicker, and a Moulds fumble in the red zone. Then a BS lob pass into the back of the endzone. Now this A-hole is going to drag Drew, who played a hell of a game, into it. Just ban is ass already. What does crap like this bring to the board. It is called trolling.

Then again I guess I could just ignore the thread. That would be too easy though.

Guest BuffaloRebound

Normally, I'm with you on the Drew bashing, but I thought he showed huge improvement from last year. No poor decisions and some nice 3rd down throws. I almost fell out of my chair on that pass to Campbell - the Drew of last year would have never made that throw. The longer stuff will come. As far as Henry hating 8 men fronts, he has himself to blame for that somewhat for as tough as he is, he is not a threat to break anything long and defenses can throw the house at him even when they know it's a running play.

IMO, a more balanced offense - one where the opponent actually had to fear a passing game that could gouge them - would have scored more points and sealed the deal yesterday.  If JAX feared the pass, there would be more room for Henry to run.

28948[/snapback]

A pretty assinine comment considering Bledsoe gashed the Jags for over 300 yards last year, while Henry was held under 50 yards. Unlike the Pats, the Jags know how to stop the run.

The Bills controlled the clock, gained yards on the ground against the best run defense in the league, and converted 50% of their third downs.

Bledsoe played within the context of the offense, and if the team avoided key mistakes, it would have easily won the game.

They didn't avoid the mistakes and lost.

By the way, using your moronic theory, the Titans are paying way too much for McNair. How could they turn the league MVP into a guy only passing for 74 yards a game? What a waste of money!