Why not? A little Monday morning Drew bashing

Peter King writes:

5. The Drew Bledsoe-to-Terry Glenn combo is working very well. From what I saw and from what practice observers say, Glenn is perfect for Bledsoe in this offense. But it's August. Glenn has missed an average of six games a year over the last four seasons because of injury. If Dallas doesn't have the speed of Glenn to stretch the defense, Bledsoe's effectiveness will be seriously limited. Parcells said the other day he needs to get better production from his quarterbacks. Zing! He wants more balls completed downfield, from the sound of it. I only saw one practice, but Bledsoe looked very good throwing the ball. Isn't it amazing he's just 33?

And moves like he's 53.

Peter King writes:

5. The Drew Bledsoe-to-Terry Glenn combo is working very well. From what I saw and from what practice observers say, Glenn is perfect for Bledsoe in this offense. But it's August. Glenn has missed an average of six games a year over the last four seasons because of injury. If Dallas doesn't have the speed of Glenn to stretch the defense, Bledsoe's effectiveness will be seriously limited. Parcells said the other day he needs to get better production from his quarterbacks. Zing! He wants more balls completed downfield, from the sound of it. I only saw one practice, but Bledsoe looked very good throwing the ball. Isn't it amazing he's just 33?

And moves like he's 53.

414393[/snapback]

By perfect fit, do you mean he brings a giant matress to the huddle with him and plops it on the ground about 12 feet behind center?

I guess Peter King is not going to repond to me after all. :D

I totally agree.  He'll be lights-out tonight.  He may even look "resurrected" through the first 4 to 6 games of the regular season.  Then mediocrity will set in, then head-scratching game-time decisions, then complete bafflement as to what the hell he is doing out there.  But through it all, he'll play just good enough to keep his job.

414296[/snapback]

lights out? are they expecting an electrical storm in seattle tonight?

seriously, drew bledsoe will be the cowboys' starting QB all season for two reasons -- tony romo and drew henson. as much as DB's skills have deteriorated, the thought of putting either of those clowns behind center is a very scary proposition in big D.

By perfect fit, do you mean he brings a giant matress to the huddle with him and plops it on the ground about 12 feet behind center?

414448[/snapback]

:D

...right next to the infamous alarm clock, arranged nicely on a night table with perhaps a glass of warm milk.

the cowboys/redskins games are gonna be ugly this year.  think greggo has some motivation?  after all, it could be said that drew got him fired.

414209[/snapback]

I had blocked those years out. Thanks.

I honestly don't give a crap how he does. We're better off with who we have now. He's a good guy, I could care less if he doesn't loose a game all year. Well... they can loose the last one. To us.

-Jeff

I had blocked those years out. Thanks.

I honestly don't give a crap how he does. We're better off with who we have now.  He's a good guy, I could care less if he doesn't loose a game all year. Well...  they can loose the last one. To us.

-Jeff

414474[/snapback]

mcjeff, i think people bring it up b/c there are still many bills' fans who wanted bledsoe to stay and start for one more season while losman "learned" from the sideline. in order to silence these critics, losman needs to play at or above the level of bledsoe. it won't even matter if the bills go 16-0 in these peoples' minds, if bledsoe has better stats w/ dallas.

fyi, you win or lose a game. :rolleyes:

I think we're forgetting something here......in fact, we could make it a daily double: I think we also need an over/under on the total amt of time Bledsoe spends in the infamous fetal position. If there was anything left to learn about this particular technique, it's clear that he reached perfection during his tenure in Buffalo. I say we set the over/under at 13.2 minutes, and I'll take the over. :rolleyes: