WGR...I can't believe how awful it is

I made the drive to Bills Training camp from NH today, just in time for Schopp and the Dope on WGR.  I had to shut them off.  They are unlistenable!!  Is there anyone less funny and more contrived than Bulldog?

Bills talk?  Forget it...just endless indignant proclamations from Bulldog and Schopp about the NHL on OLN.  You made your point the first 600 times, guys.

Note to Brad Reiter:  Let those nitwits and Paul Hamilton know they sound like jilted school girls when the cry about the Bills refusal to discuss injuries.  Stop acting like you represent the fans...you don't.

Second note to Brad Reiter:  McGahee was practicing with the team today.  So much for your conspiracy theory...unless the Bills are making Willis practice with an injured leg so they sell more season tickets...hmmmm.

God, Buffalo needs a REAL sports talk station!

PTR

One can only hope they bring back "DA COACH"

In Oakville (Canada) they are unfortunately the only station you can really listen to for Bills talk. I am not sure of who's who but my favourite is when one of the hosts is making a point (and you know what it is after 10 seconds) but he continues to ramble for 10 minutes saying the same thing over and over again. Which guy is this?

Also the ads are extremely lame. Are their really that many people harassed by debt collectors? Or is Mighty Taco the place to eat? And whats with that HUUUGGGGEEEEE car dealership? I could keep going... Christ is this the mid 80s? Who does the marketing for these companies? The ads are plentiful and appear to take up the majority of the airtime.

Also the ads are extremely lame. Are their really that many people harassed by debt collectors? Or is Mighty Taco the place to eat?  And whats with that HUUUGGGGEEEEE car dealership?  I could keep going...  Christ is this the mid 80s?  Who does the marketing for these companies?  The ads are plentiful and appear to take up the majority of the airtime.

412868[/snapback]

1.) Yes, there really are that many people in credit card debt.

2.) Obviously you've never been to Buffalo, otherwise you'd know never to knock Mighty Taco.

3.) The HUUUUUGE car dealership has ads on every other radio/TV station in WNY (and all of Central NY for that matter).

I think WGR sales writes some of the ads, but those three are definitely provided by the companies themselves. Especially the HUGE man Billy Fucillo.

In Oakville (Canada) they are unfortunately the only station you can really listen to for Bills talk.  I am not sure of who's who but my favourite is when one of the hosts is making a point (and you know what it is after 10 seconds) but he continues to ramble for 10 minutes saying the same thing over and over again.  Which guy is this?

Also the ads are extremely lame. Are their really that many people harassed by debt collectors? Or is Mighty Taco the place to eat?  And whats with that HUUUGGGGEEEEE car dealership?  I could keep going...  Christ is this the mid 80s?  Who does the marketing for these companies?  The ads are plentiful and appear to take up the majority of the airtime.

412868[/snapback]

You just made a great point for the marketing people. Obviously the money these companies are pouring into commercials at WGR work. You remember them. Sounds like somebody at WGR is doing their job.

You just made a great point for the marketing people. Obviously the money these companies are pouring into commercials at WGR work. You remember them. Sounds like somebody at WGR is doing their job.

412900[/snapback]

Not really because none of the services appeal to me. I am actually saying that the ads sound horrible and that they appear to be written by high school students

In Oakville (Canada) they are unfortunately the only station you can really listen to for Bills talk.  I am not sure of who's who but my favourite is when one of the hosts is making a point (and you know what it is after 10 seconds) but he continues to ramble for 10 minutes saying the same thing over and over again.  Which guy is this?

412868[/snapback]

jim rome?

If you want "real" football talk, without the "shtick" and crap that regular sports radio brings, then give Sirius a try. Channel 124 seems to have knowledgable hosts and analysts who actually played and coached the game and do a hell of a job covering all teams.

BTW...Sirius was at Bills camp recently and had a ton of guests...apparently something the mighty GR can't seem to get!

If you want "real" football talk, without the "shtick" and crap that regular sports radio brings, then give Sirius a try. Channel 124 seems to have knowledgable hosts and analysts who actually played and coached the game and do a hell of a job covering all teams.

BTW...Sirius was at Bills camp recently and had a ton of guests...apparently something the mighty GR can't seem to get!

413930[/snapback]

I suspect the Bills do play favorites with the media. Sirius pays the NFL beaucoup bucks for rights, so I imagine that buys you preferential treatment as far as access goes.

But I also think there is lingering anger over WGR's The Coach at One Bills Drive. Add to that the current crop of unprofessional douche bags working there and you can see why WGR is left out like a nerd at a high school party.

PTR

I have a hard time getting the reception due to the fact that I live over 80 miles away.  I did listen to Shopp when he was in Rochester and I thought his shows were at the very least entertaining.  I'm not a big fan of Bulldog but to each their own.  I do find their show (the few times I can actually listen) way better than the Coach.  I know a lot of people in here thought he was the man but I found him to just be annoying.  I might take some flack for that but it's just one a-holes opinion.  :D

I already turned it off this morning after 10 minutes. The topic is that JP runs too much and he is going to get seriously injured because of it. NOW OUR QB RUNS TOO MUCH????? Last year the QB couldn't run at all and he was ripped on WGR every day because of it.. One of the "points" made is that Bret Favre can run whenver he wants because he is a veteran and JP can't because he is a rookie. What complete and total nonsense. These morons on WGR need to be stopped.

I already turned it off this morning after 10 minutes. The topic is that JP runs too much and he is going to get seriously injured because of it. NOW OUR QB RUNS TOO MUCH????? Last year the QB couldn't run at all and he was ripped on WGR every day because of it.. One of the "points" made is that Bret Favre can run whenver he wants because he is a veteran and JP can't because he is a rookie. What complete and total nonsense. These morons on WGR need to be stopped.

414071[/snapback]

I see your point but thay are just trying to get people stirred up and talking Bills football. I'm sure half the time they just make stuff up to generate listener interest. It obviously didn't work for you but I'm sure the football novices out there found it compelling.

That isn't the point. You remeber them, that is the point.

413136[/snapback]

Yes, this is the point. The objective of marketing is to increase business. If you believe that the marketing of a service or product sucks it will not increase business. Yes, there are annoying ads that everyone loves to hate and do not hurt business. But in this case I will say that I remember some of the ads because they are beyond retarded.

Yes, this is the point.  The objective of marketing is to increase business.  If you believe that the marketing of a service or product sucks it will not increase business.  Yes, there are annoying ads that everyone loves to hate and do not hurt business.  But in this case I will say that I remember some of the ads because they are beyond retarded.

414105[/snapback]

Will I ever find myself calling 454-2020? Not unless a good business takes that number after Cellino and Barnes are finally both disbarred... :D

Will I ever find myself calling 454-2020?  Not unless a good business takes that number after Cellino and Barnes are finally both disbarred...  :D

414123[/snapback]

Of course it's not Cellino and Barnes anymore...just the Barnes group.

PTR

Of course it's not Cellino and Barnes anymore...just the Barnes group.

PTR

414227[/snapback]

For the next 4 months at least...Cellino was suspended for 6 months a couple months ago. He can apply for reinstatement after that.

414071[/snapback]

I never cared for Bulldog, but Schopp and Simon were much better on WNSA. Something tells me there is a "consultant" lurking behind the scenes telling them how to stir things up.

PTR