Eric Moulds on the hot seat this year?

1billsfan

Eric Moulds is my favorite Bill of all time, but I got to admit that after Drew left town I get the feeling that Eric is next Bill in the hot seat who needs to show up and have a pro bowl type season. Eric is getting paid well and I'm getting tired of excusing his numbers because of bad QB play. I always thought he'd be a dominating player in the NFL but that hasn't been the case the last couple of seasons. Let's go Eric, get 'er done!

wow just wow what do people want out of him. He had 88 receptions for 1000+ yards on a team  that attempted the 26th fewest passes in the nfl.  If that's "bad" play  I'll take it anyday of the week.

407912[/snapback]

I agree. (I've said it here before) I'll take that kinda "bad" under double coverage any year.

people dont realize that of all the things he does for this team, only a few of those things are recorded as stats. our passing offense would be NOTHING without him.

407925[/snapback]

He is a highly regarded pass catcher, AND:

He is a beast in run-blocking and downfield blocking for wide receivers, he always draws a safety to his side, and he never takes plays off. His 80-yard sprint to save a t.d. after a Bledsoe pick in Baltimore last year speaks volumes about him. And I believe he is the only link to the Jim Kelly-era Bills?

I always thought he'd be a dominating player in the NFL but that hasn't been the case the last couple of seasons. Let's go Eric, get 'er done!

407903[/snapback]

Eric Dampier? I thought he played basketball! Surely you're not referring to Eric Moulds..

wow just wow what do people want out of him. He had 88 receptions for 1000+ yards on a team  that attempted the 26th fewest passes in the nfl.  If that's "bad" play  I'll take it anyday of the week.

407912[/snapback]

I agree with this guy, although Moulds is not as consistent as some of his buddies like Y.O. and Marvin harrison, although its hard when you've had mediocre QBs and constantly changing coaching staffs. Despite that he is among the all time leaders in Bills receptions and TDs and yards. All Moulds needs to do is have another season with 1,000 yards and 5-10 TDs. We get that with Lee Evans on the other side, we'll be OK.

407912[/snapback]

Wow, read my post again. I never said Moulds' play was "bad". I said I was tired of excusing his numbers because of bad QB play. I think 88 receptions and 1,000 yards is average and the bare minimum for an Eric Moulds. He should be up there with the elite receivers of the entire NFL. There were more than 30 receivers with more TD recpetions than Eric in 2004. I'd like and expect much more than 88 rec, 1,000 yards and 5 touchdowns from Moulds this season.

I agree with this guy, although Moulds is not as consistent as some of his buddies like Y.O. and Marvin harrison, although its hard when you've had mediocre QBs and constantly changing coaching staffs.  Despite that he is among the all time leaders in Bills receptions and TDs and yards.  All Moulds needs to do is have another season with 1,000 yards and 5-10 TDs.  We get that with Lee Evans on the other side, we'll be OK.

407985[/snapback]

Agreed. I believe his numbers ought to be better as well. He should not be mentioned with the elite. He is a good WR that plays inconsistently at times. It is not a knock, I see the speed/strength and expect more at times.