Been to Baltimore?

I haven't been to Mo's in a while.  The last time I was there was for a co-worker's promotion dinner.  They had the buffet spread out for us, and they had a live band playing that was pretty decent.  One of the guys who was upstairs where our party was got up from his table (where he and a lady friend were dining), took the guitar from one of the musicians who was playing while wandering through the crowd, and started jamming!  It was a nice time.

395485[/snapback]

We just always found it a comfortable place, really good food and good portions. They knew us there, and that didn't hurt. Really good steaks, too. Liked the NY Strip with a side of King Crab legs. Crab claw appetizer, or the crab fluff is pretty good too. Very good deserts, as well. Bar doesn't screw around on a drink, either. Makes them tall and strong.

OK, enough for my commercial. When I get up there, we'll hit Mo's.

We just always found it a comfortable place, really good food and good portions. They knew us there, and that didn't hurt. Really good steaks, too. Liked the NY Strip with a side of King Crab legs. Crab claw appetizer, or the crab fluff is pretty good too. Very good deserts, as well. Bar doesn't screw around on a drink, either. Makes them tall and strong.

OK, enough for my commercial. When I get up there, we'll hit Mo's.

395495[/snapback]

Promises, promises. I'll believe that when I see it.

I have to disagree w/ your take on the Scupper's food.  I happen to think they have outstanding food.  Their cream of crab soup is the finest I've tasted in the area, and I love their scallops (my favorite seafood item and a MUST if I go out for seafood), which are not breaded or batter fried.

395488[/snapback]

R.Rich, I'll take your word on that, the only time I ate there was pretty bad. Does the market have happy hour every day now?. Loved that place on Friday afternoon when I was a tad younger

Not a damn thing. 

Speaking of which, you guys coming over this Saturday?

395492[/snapback]

probably not. Will be out of town this week (starting in a couple of hours), so we need to weekend to catch up on all the chores that were missed this week.

probably not.  Will be out of town this week (starting in a couple of hours), so we need to weekend to catch up on all the chores that were missed this week.

395501[/snapback]

Oh well. One of these days, I'll get to meet Paige. Of course, it may be @ her high school graduation, but...

R.Rich, I'll take your word on that, the only time I ate there was pretty bad. Does the market have happy hour every day now?. Loved that place on Friday afternoon when I was a tad younger

395500[/snapback]

As far as I know there's a happy hour there on Fridays. Not sure about a daily one.

If you like playing tourist, the Inner Harbor is the place. But, as others have mentioned, there are much more interesting places to go. Yes, the aquarium is worth it.

Little Italy is walking distance from the Harbor, and well worth the time. Have dinner at one of the many decent restaurants there (Da Mimmos - expensive, Caesar's Den - moderate, Amicci's - reasonable) and than head over to Vaccaros for dessert. It's a great Italian bakery and ice cream shop.

Fells Point is definitely worthwhile. It's where they filmed the Homicide TV series.

Little Greece is also interesting for the food and insular atmospherics. The Greek delis there are great.

Also, as mentioned, Camden Yards is right near all the sights and not far from the Babe Ruth house and museaum.

If you like playing tourist, the Inner Harbor is the place.  But, as others have mentioned, there are much more interesting places to go.  Yes, the aquarium is worth it.

Little Italy is walking distance from the Harbor, and well worth the time.  Have dinner at one of the many decent restaurants there (Da Mimmos - expensive, Caesar's Den - moderate, Amicci's - reasonable) and than head over to Vaccaros for dessert.  It's a great Italian bakery and ice cream shop.

Fells Point is definitely worthwhile.  It's where they filmed the Homicide TV series.

Little Greece is also interesting for the food and insular atmospherics.  The Greek delis there are great.

Also, as mentioned, Camden Yards is right near all the sights and not far from the Babe Ruth house and museaum.

395551[/snapback]

In terms of Little Italy, I like Luigi Petti. Great food, and I used to take the bus trip/brunch package they had for Ravens games (took my wife on those for the first 2 Ravens-Steelers games @ the now demolished Memorial Stadium).

How could you go to Baltimore without a trip to The Block. You and your wife will love it. :doh:

Some great suggestions. I would back up those saying to go to Little Italy. To finish it off with desert you HAVE TO GO TO Vacarro's (my personal favorite is the Lost at Sea). They are awesome, take my word for it...don't miss it. They are right in Little Italy near the Inner Harbor.