New to fantasy football

BILLS02138

So, I'm looking for some help with fantasy football - Never done it before. Anyone out there know of good sites to check out ratings, etc.?

So far - here's who's been selected -

1)LaDainian Tomlinson

2)Shawn Alexander

3)Edgerrin James

4)Peyton Manning

5) <--this is where I pick! :doh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So, I'm looking for some help with fantasy football - Never done it before.    Anyone out there know of good sites to check out ratings, etc.?

1)LaDainian Tomlinson

2)Shawn Alexander

3)Edgerrin James

4)

395142[/snapback]

Most people would say "get a RB", but you also have to look @ who is available, too. If Peyton Manning is not the 4th pick in your draft, he should be your pick. There isn't anyone, including any RB, who scores as well or as consistently as Peyton. The only RB that I'd consider taking before Manning would be Priest Holmes, and even he isn't as much of a lock as Manning. If both are available, take Manning. Otherwise, take the one who isn't gone @ #4 (between Manning and Holmes).

So, I'm looking for some help with fantasy football - Never done it before.    Anyone out there know of good sites to check out ratings, etc.?

1)LaDainian Tomlinson

2)Shawn Alexander

3)Edgerrin James

4)Peyton Manning

395142[/snapback]

If it were me, I would trade down.....but if you can't trade down, I would look closely at your scoring system...and each of the following players schedule.....then consider Priest Holmes, Willis McGahee, and Duece McAllister. (in that order).

1)LaDainian Tomlinson

2)Shawn Alexander

3)Edgerrin James

4)Peyton Manning

395142[/snapback]

Like everyone else is staying we really need to know the scoring system and if this is a keeper league or not. Sometimes that matters. How many teams are in the league? What are the starting positions, ie. how many RBs do you start?

If Manning is gone there is no other QB or WR worth taking at this point. You need to take a RB. Now which one is the real kicker. I can't believe Edge went 3.

For right now, my only advice since you are a newbie is do NOT be a homer for your favorite team. IE. Do not look at your favorite teams players and think they walk on water. Be objective and take the best possible player every time. I see this all the time and their team usually turns out horrid.

The draft makes or breaks any team.

Thanks for the advise so far - I ended up taking Willis - call me a homer - but I like the guy.

Anyhow, the leagues is not a keeper.

Scoring System Type: Head-to-Head

Pass Interception -2

Passing TD 6 (bonus +2 points fora PaTD between 70-99 yds)

Passing Two Point Conversion 2

1 point for every 20 PaYDs.

10 points for 400 PaYDs

Rushing TD 6

bonus 2 points for a RuTD between 50-79

bonus 2 points for a RuTD between 80-100

Rushing 2 point conversion - 2 points

1 point for every 10 RuYd

Bonus 10 points 200 RuYds

Receiving TD 6

bonus 1 point ReTd between 60 and 100 yds

2 point conversion 2 points

and so on...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.