For what's worth

the D always leads the O at the start of the camp. The Defense is mostly positional reaction. The offense on the other hand takes muliple player coordination. It will take some time for them to perform as a unit. This is especially true of blocking assignments for the Offensive Line and timing patterns between the QB and the receivers.

So for right now, the Offense is really in its infancy. If they have the same problems during the last preseason game, then you can start worrying.

the D always leads the O at the start of the camp.  The Defense is mostly positional reaction.  The offense on the other hand takes muliple player coordination.  It will take some time for them to perform as a unit.  This is especially true of blocking assignments for the Offensive Line and timing patterns between the QB and the receivers.

So for right now, the Offense is really in its infancy.  If they have the same problems during the last preseason game, then you can start worrying.

394652[/snapback]

And let's not forget the O is also going against one of the best Ds in the league. I don't really expect them to light it up against our D.

the D always leads the O at the start of the camp.  The Defense is mostly positional reaction.  The offense on the other hand takes muliple player coordination.  It will take some time for them to perform as a unit.  This is especially true of blocking assignments for the Offensive Line and timing patterns between the QB and the receivers.

So for right now, the Offense is really in its infancy.  If they have the same problems during the last preseason game, then you can start worrying.

394652[/snapback]

I think back to the last preseason game of the 2001 season, the Bills played the Eagles and Donovan McNabb looked like he had no business playing QB in the NFL. By years end, they were playing deep into the playoffs and the Buffalo defense that had made him look so horrible was recovering from a 16 game scorchfest.

Every player is different, but JP's style is comparable to that of McNabb(athletic, strong armed, not the most gifted touch passer, inconsistent with regard to accuracy), hopefully, he just needs the reps.

Great points. The Bills' defense was ranked #2 last year and returns all of their starters save one, Big Pat, who was never the key to the defense. And outside of his spot (which remains to be seen) the defense will only get better what with Milloy and Vincent occupying the safety spots, McGee having a year under his belt, King emerging as a good nickel CB, and Kelsay having a year under his belt at LDE. These guys are no slouches, and considering the O-line has a new left side, a new QB, a new slot WR, and TE's who are just getting their legs back under them, it will probably be a few games before they start clicking. But going against this defense, once they DO get clicking, whoa boy!

FWIW, I'll make my real opinion at the final gun on the fourth game. Same thing I've done for 30 something years. I'll grant, it used to be easier. And last year wasn't fun (though they could have EASILLY gone 3-1, so one could see the potential - put things in context).

Bottom line, we as fans watching have basically the same strengths as we had last year, defense, special teams...and thorazine or at the least, xanax for last years weaknesses. Buy good Vodka...it helps. Offense could be? Or, it could be?

Going to be another fun season to watch Buffalo. We won't know what the fugg we are looking at until probably November. Probably not then. It's always a fun season to watch Buffalo, ever since the origins of the AFL. We were one game away from the first Superbowl, weren't we? Somehow, the Bills make it a good fan watch. Nobody can B word like a Bills Fan. And, by God. That is our right!

OK, I don't like this Gandy crap... is he not going on top blocking to turn his man outside?

We're doomed. Sorry, it's true. We're doomed. I'll go away now.

FWIW, I'll make my real opinion at the final gun on the fourth game. Same thing I've done for 30 something years. I'll grant, it used to be easier. And last year wasn't fun (though they could have EASILLY gone 3-1, so one could see the potential - put things in context).

Bottom line, we as fans watching have basically the same strengths as we had last year, defense, special teams...and thorazine or at the least, xanax for last years weaknesses. Buy good Vodka...it helps. Offense could be? Or, it could be?

Going to be another fun season to watch Buffalo. We won't know what the fugg we are looking at until probably November. Probably not then. It's always a fun season to watch Buffalo, ever since the origins of the AFL. We were one game away from the first Superbowl, weren't we? Somehow, the Bills make it a good fan watch. Nobody can B word like a Bills Fan. And, by God. That is our right!

OK, I don't like this Gandy crap... is he not going on top blocking to turn his man outside?

We're doomed. Sorry, it's true. We're doomed. I'll go away now.

394684[/snapback]

3rd game...game 4 tends to be the showcase for the players that coaches haven't yet settled on.

FWIW, this must make for a fun camp for the Brownie fans. 0:)

"Cincinnati Enquirer 7/31/05 Mark Curnutte

BROWNS: Since the 2004 team won its last game to finish 4-12, the Browns have: hired a new GM, a new head coach, two new coordinators, a new strength coach (and other assistants), a new equipment manager and a new vice president for public relations. And that's just the beginning.

Twenty players who started at least one game in 2004 are gone. Of 94 players on their training camp roster, 54 were not with the club at any time last year.

The Browns have three new quarterbacks, a new running back, two new guards, two new offensive tackles and a new punter (former Bengals punter Kyle Richardson).

They also have a new defensive scheme (the 3-4), a new nose tackle, new outside linebacker, new cornerback and new safety."