I say skip GPS and go straight to castration

Castration is just the middle man and we should always strive to cut out the middle man. You're right in that the act of molesting a child the perp is tacitly giving away ALL his rights, including the right to oxygen. If some network (libertards screaming FOX in 3...2...1...) started a show that aired every Friday that broadcast the executions of convicted child molesters I think the rate of molestation would go down, even if just a little. And isn't the old argument true, that it's worth it even if it only saves just one life? We have a population of around 300 million and it's growing every day. Isn't it time to start culling the herd?

Castration is just the middle man and we should always strive to cut out the middle man. You're right in that the act of molesting a child the perp is tacitly giving away ALL his rights, including the right to oxygen. If some network (libertards screaming FOX in 3...2...1...) started a show that aired every Friday that broadcast the executions of convicted child molesters I think the rate of molestation would go down, even if just a little. And isn't the old argument true, that it's worth it even if it only saves just one life? We have a population of around 300 million and it's growing every day. Isn't it time to start culling the herd?

394052[/snapback]

I'm not so sure that sexual predators are going to be deterred by stronger punishment. They are sick SOB's that cannot be rehabbed.

Castration may be cruel and unusual punishment. But, if you give someone the choice of life without parole or castration, a lot of them may take the castration which would save society the cost of confining them forever.

I'm not so sure that sexual predators are going to be deterred by stronger punishment.  They are sick SOB's that cannot be rehabbed. 

Castration may be cruel and unusual punishment.  But, if you give someone the choice of life without parole or castration, a lot of them may take the castration which would save society the cost of confining them forever.

394091[/snapback]

Right. Because a castrated child molester wouldn't be a threat to any child. Good thinking Sherlock.

I'm not so sure that sexual predators are going to be deterred by stronger punishment.  They are sick SOB's that cannot be rehabbed. 

Castration may be cruel and unusual punishment.  But, if you give someone the choice of life without parole or castration, a lot of them may take the castration which would save society the cost of confining them forever.

394091[/snapback]

uhhh well it may work for some people but rape is a crime of violence, not sex. The people are rapists who happen to prefer children. There are still plenty of ways in which they could exploit kids.

GPS technology is getting better to the point where it's going to be possible pretty soon to pinpoint someone's exact location. Today it's within a range and varies depending on where you are ...better than using cell tower triangulation but still not foolproof. However with today's GPS and geofencing an alarm will sound when an offence leaves the boundaries set for him. Assuming that someone is actually paying attention, it could be effective. It would probably be more effective than castration because it would send an alert before anything could happen,

394052[/snapback]

Wouldn't execution be a more effective deterence with regular rapists?

Advanced technology isnt always the answer.

How about a minimum of 25 years for a FIRST offense with NO protective custody in the clink?

That should be the minimum in every state for any kind of child molestation/endangerment and sexual assault/rape.

the only exception should be made for certain Statutory Rape cases (18 year old and 16 year old etc...)

uhhh well it may work for some people but rape is a crime of violence, not sex.  The people are rapists who happen to prefer children.  There are still plenty of ways in which they could exploit kids.

GPS technology is getting better to the point where it's going to be possible pretty soon to pinpoint someone's exact location.  Today it's within a range and varies depending on where you are ...better than using cell tower triangulation but still not foolproof.  However with today's GPS and geofencing an alarm will sound when an offence leaves the boundaries set for him.  Assuming that someone is actually paying attention, it could be effective. It would probably be more effective than castration because it would send an alert before anything could happen,

394249[/snapback]

It's been possible for awhile to pinpoint someone's exact location using GPS.

GPS for child molestor/animals

It is accpeted that these pigs are the lowest form of life...screw GPS, go directly to castration, do not collect $200...and forget these rights activists...when you molest a child, your rights go out the window

394016[/snapback]

Just double tap...to make sure. The fact that these people even see the sky again speaks volumes about our legal system.

It's been possible for awhile to pinpoint someone's exact location using GPS.

394346[/snapback]

Really. Do tell. Even when it's used with LEO/GEO as well, the signal is lost quite a bit in basements, tunnels, cities, etc. The location may be transmitted but it may not be real-time, e.g. the location transmitted is not where the person is.

A-GPS is a little more precise but "exactly" is a stretch.

Really.  Do tell.  Even when it's used with LEO/GEO as well, the signal is lost quite a bit in basements, tunnels, cities, etc.  The location may be transmitted but it may not be real-time, e.g. the location transmitted is not where the person is.

394516[/snapback]

Military spec GPS is scary accurate. Civilian spec - what most of us are familiar with - is much less so. I'll have to pull my old Magellan out to check, but as I recall it was 10m or less...enough for me to easily navigate backwoods Pennsyltucky "Deliverance" country in the dark without a map.

Military spec GPS is scary accurate.  Civilian spec - what most of us are familiar with - is much less so.  I'll have to pull my old Magellan out to check, but as I recall it was 10m or less...enough for me to easily navigate backwoods Pennsyltucky "Deliverance" country in the dark without a map.

394594[/snapback]

Military, yes, but I don't think we're talking about that here. And yes, whip out that Magellan and then go into a tunnel. Tell me what you see.

Or a basement.

Or WAY out in the middle of nowhere.

There are two parts to GPS - identifying the location AND successfully relaying it back to the centralized location accurately, and in a timely fashion. Geofencing is probably the best use of GPS for pedophiles with the geofence being pretty restrictive.

I should mention that I manage an offer which has hundreds of thousands of people and vehicles being tracked with GPS (including government) and I would never use the term "exact" relative to location, or for that matter "real time" with regard to the reporting of location. Because in even enterprise-grade offers it isn't there.

Well, I would rather live next door to a castrated child molester than a child molester with a GPS on him.  Think about it numb nuts.

394618[/snapback]

Not if it's chemical castration because that can be "undone".

Military, yes, but I don't think we're talking about that here.  And yes, whip out that Magellan and then go into a tunnel.  Tell me what you see.

Or a basement.

There are two parts to GPS - identifying the location AND successfully relaying it back to the centralized location accurately, and in a timely fashion.  Geofencing is probably the best use of GPS for pedophiles with the geofence being pretty restrictive.

I should mention that I manage an offer which has hundreds of thousands of people and vehicles being tracked with GPS (including government) and I would never use the term "exact" relative to location, or for that matter "real time" with regard to the reporting of location.  Because in even enterprise-grade offers it isn't there.

394604[/snapback]

"Middle of nowhere" has nothing to do with it - it's a satellite system, with global coverage by definition. If you can't track your trucks out to East Nowhere, Oregon, that's a limitation of your system and not GPS.

But you are right in that the signal is LOS...a tunnel will degrade it. Though I question what that has to do with this discussion.

And actually, I question this entire discussion anyway. Bunch of !@#$ing idiots here who think that anyone who looks at a child sideways should be flayed and slowly roasted alive...the same idiots who'd whine and B word and cry and moan the very moment they were even casually accused of looking at a child sideways. Indignation is easy, actually thinking about the problem and offering solutions is more work than most of the people here are even capable of...

Really.  Do tell.  Even when it's used with LEO/GEO as well, the signal is lost quite a bit in basements, tunnels, cities, etc.  The location may be transmitted but it may not be real-time, e.g. the location transmitted is not where the person is.

394516[/snapback]

Despite your introduction of the term "real-time", which was not in your original post, the answer remains the same. WAAS and DGPS (and others) for location and the multitude of ground systems/networks used for transmitting the data, such as those provided by ARINC and a bunch of others. And yes I would consider anything less than 22m horizontal error for SIS an "exact" location for tracking a person, and that is only the stated GPS SPS "worst case" accuracy. Not the significantly better performance generated by the systems I mentioned. As an aside, the GPS system accuracy itself improves every year, and has been significantly better than the 22m spec value for awhile now.

Like I said, the technology for this purpose is available right now. You need to think about what the ultimate goal here is and not the limitations of each individual component of the system, which can be easily overcome.

Military, yes, but I don't think we're talking about that here.  And yes, whip out that Magellan and then go into a tunnel.  Tell me what you see.

Or a basement.

There are two parts to GPS - identifying the location AND successfully relaying it back to the centralized location accurately, and in a timely fashion.  Geofencing is probably the best use of GPS for pedophiles with the geofence being pretty restrictive.

I should mention that I manage an offer which has hundreds of thousands of people and vehicles being tracked with GPS (including government) and I would never use the term "exact" relative to location, or for that matter "real time" with regard to the reporting of location.  Because in even enterprise-grade offers it isn't there.

394604[/snapback]

GPS offers those with the proper user equipment a NAV solution, plain and simple. How that is used is up to the, well, user. And yes it is global, so the problem with "out in the middle of nowhere" is LOS, just like in a city. Very few "enterprise grade" applications require true real-time data, which is why most don't get it. It is not worth the extra expense to go farther than near real-time. But those that want it can and do have it. Plus, I would expect this application would have access to whatever equipment they needed - some that is not generally available to the public.

BTW, I should mention that I worked in the GPS Joint Program Office for 9 years (4 Active Duty, 5 Reserve).

Military spec GPS is scary accurate.  Civilian spec - what most of us are familiar with - is much less so.  I'll have to pull my old Magellan out to check, but as I recall it was 10m or less...enough for me to easily navigate backwoods Pennsyltucky "Deliverance" country in the dark without a map.

394594[/snapback]

President Clinton directed SA/AS be disabled in 2000, effectively eliminating the difference between the civilian and military accuracy, as long as the receiver uses both L1 and L2.

And actually, I question this entire discussion anyway.  Bunch of !@#$ing idiots here who think that anyone who looks at a child sideways should be flayed and slowly roasted alive...the same idiots who'd whine and B word and cry and moan the very moment they were even casually accused of looking at a child sideways.  Indignation is easy, actually thinking about the problem and offering solutions is more work than most of the people here are even capable of...

394693[/snapback]

No, we're talking about CONVICTED sex offenders.

Despite the whining and moaning about false convictions and wrongly charged people, I'm a firm believer that the VAST majority of people convicted are deservedly so.

No, we're talking about CONVICTED sex offenders.

Despite the whining and moaning about false convictions and wrongly charged people, I'm a firm believer that the VAST majority of people convicted are deservedly so.

394965[/snapback]

bull sh--. You've written plenty of posts that demonstrate your complete inability to differentiate between convicted and accused sex offenders. So you're telling me you're suddenly now toning down your insane rhetoric? Yeah, right... 0:)

And furthermore...continuing to punish someone after their sentence is served is a grotesque constitutional violation. Why not just rewrite the laws to sentence them to life in prison? It's far more protective of everyone's rights than setting them "free...but not really". Frankly, this is the dumbest idea I've heard since...well, since your last one.

I use a GPS receiver for the hobby of geocaching. People hide containers ranging from 35 mm film canisters up to ammo cans and then post the coordinates on a web site. You go and look for them and sign a log sheet in the cache and then post it on the web site.

The consumer GPS receivers have an accuracy of about 30 ft (10m). They do lose satellite lock in tunnels, but only if they are in one for maybe more than 20 seconds. They can also lose lock under heavy tree cover. Even so, i have found over 1600 caches in two years.

Still, forget the GPS, cut 'em off and then put the perverts in Ol' Sparky!