Why Drew and Travis no longer Bills

AJ1

Sept. 12, 2004 Jax @ Buffalo

4th quarter 12:06 left

1 -3 Jac 3 T. Henry up the middle for 1

2 -2 Jac 2 (11:29) Henry right guard for 1

3 - 1 Jac 1 (10:47) D. Bledsoe sacked @ Jac 7 for -6

Bills settle for FG.

Epitomizes everything wrong with those two.

Bills settle for FG.

388934[/snapback]

Pretty much the highlight of 2004 pt 1; things only got worse before they got better.

Bills settle for FG.

388934[/snapback]

I think the worst drive in bills history was the one that was 6 inches to the right of being the best drive in bills history.

As well as some of the worst coaching in Bills history.  They should have run Thurman's legs off in that game.

388959[/snapback]

Agreed. 15 carries for 135 yards and playing a 2-5 defense. Seems pretty obvious to run Thurman all day :doh:

Bills settle for FG.

388934[/snapback]

Do you blame DB and TH or do you blame the inept play calling?

The thread name does bring back some horrible but interesting memories.

The worse drive for me in Bills history was one a few years back in a night game where the Bills were playing SF and actually (I tried to forget this drive so my memory is imprecise) put on a nice drive to try to turn a game around and I think take a lead.

The QB was probably TC, but with one yard to go to score a TD they sent Derrick Holmes into the line for what I figured would be a much deserved TD. Instead he got lit up by Bill Romanowski and SF picked up the resulting fumble and ran it back 99 yards for a 14 point turnaround from what was expected.

Talk about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. The drive cited here is probably one of the feeblest in Bills history (though I'm sure there is a drive where we were at least in FG range and lost yardage back to having to punt that was worst thsn this drive, also the drive where GW ended it choosing to punt in FG range a few years back strikes me as a worse drive.

However, the one I mentioned comes to my mind as the worse drive in Bills history for me.

The worse drive for me in Bills history was one a few years back in a night game where the Bills were playing SF and actually (I tried to forget this drive so my memory is imprecise) put on a nice drive to try to turn a game around and I think take a lead.

The QB was probably TC, but with one yard to go to score a TD they sent Derrick Holmes into the line for what I figured would be a much deserved TD.  Instead he got lit up by Bill Romanowski and SF picked up the resulting fumble and ran it back 99 yards for a 14 point turnaround from what was expected.

Talk about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.  The drive cited here is probably one of the feeblest in Bills history (though I'm sure there is a drive where we were at least in FG range and lost yardage back to having to punt that was worst thsn this drive, also the drive where GW ended it choosing to punt in FG range a few years back strikes me as a worse drive.

However, the one I mentioned comes to my mind as the worse drive in Bills history for me.

It was Gary Plummer, and that was a real downer. :doh:

Bills settle for FG.

388934[/snapback]

This would be the one where Shelton was wide open in the flat on 3rd down, and DB stares at him and decides that the sack would be a better alternative than the TD... :doh:

The worse drive for me in Bills history was one a few years back...

388994[/snapback]

For me it's not a drive, but an entire game: last year, Bills and the Ravens. It haunts me like Freddie Kruger.

The QB was probably TC, but with one yard to go to score a TD they sent Derrick Holmes into the line for what I figured would be a much deserved TD.  Instead he got lit up by Bill Romanowski and SF picked up the resulting fumble and ran it back 99 yards for a 14 point turnaround from what was expected.

Talk about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.  The drive cited here is probably one of the feeblest in Bills history (though I'm sure there is a drive where we were at least in FG range and lost yardage back to having to punt that was worst thsn this drive, also the drive where GW ended it choosing to punt in FG range a few years back strikes me as a worse drive.

388994[/snapback]

It was Kelly. I think 95 or 6. Bruce had 3 sacks of Young, Paup had 2. Lee Woodall ran it back.

Bills settle for FG.

Close...but in order for this to be the perfect bills post, lindell would need to miss the FG.

I dont know, but any drive lead by our incredably ill-prepared hobert comes as the worst drives in my mind...but than again i cant remember what i did yesturday so trying to remember bills worst drive is a little hard.. :doh: