AFC East Predictions

todd

1. Pats 11-5

I'd give them 12-4, but the co-ordinator issue IS a huge question mark no matter how much Pats fans want to downplay it. But besides that, this team has won 14 game in each of the last two seasons. They have talented veterans, probably the best QB in football and every year they seem to churn out productive young players that contribute immediately. Predicting more than a 3-game drop is a bit much IMO.

2. Bills 9-7

I think JP is going to be fine. Not great, not terrible....fine. He will make his mistakes, but he does have sweet weapons (EM & LE) and MM and TC will protect him by using Willis to carry the load. We do potentially have the best young RB in the league....who knows what he could now that his surgery is a year and a half in the past? We also do boast one of the best defenses and ST units in the league. To me, it would take and a serious injury and/or JP falling on his face to keep us from going under .500.

3. Jets 8-8

This is a weird one for me. Part of me says, this is a team that even with an injured Chad Penn. was a botched FG from the AFCCG last year. The other part of me says that this is a team with a question mark at QB, an aging RB who does not have a big time back to spell him anymore. I think Curtis has to slow down eventually and I just think the Jets will catch a bunch of bad breaks this year. I think they lose a lot of close games and just fall short. They may reach 9-7, but I think we will have the tie-breaker on them.

4. Dolphins 4-12

A lof of people are quick to jump on Saban's dick, but I don't see it. He was a very good college coach, period. He may turn out to be a very good pro coach too, but even if he does, I do not think this will be the year for it. This team has many, many questions and I think the whole Ricky fiasco may end up being a distraction. And A.J. Feely is NOT going to lead a winning team.

my two cents...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England Patriots: 13-3

The team is awesome- I dont expect a lot of drop off on D, but the fact is Crennell was a great DC, despite Bellichick taking all the glory. Brady will carry the offense, while Dillon steamrolls.

Buffalo Bills 8-8

Great defense wont lose too much despite losing fat Pat. There are a lot of guys who can do the same thing, AND were drafted. The offense will be better than last year despite plenty of mistakes from a first year QB- who will get much better towards the end of the season.

Miami Dolphins: 8-8

They really improved both lines, and have some playmakers. I think Saban will be a coach of the year candidate.

New York Jets: 6-10

I think Curtis Martin gets off to a good start, and finally starts fading. They can be run on, and outphysicaled. Look for MaGahee, Dillon, and Miami's 1-2 punch to run all over them

I likee, but I'm more inclined to say:

Pats 11-5

Bills 10-6

Jets 9-7

Fins 8-8

(another crushing by the AFC East on all other foes)

Bills will get a wildcard at 10-6. I just don't believe in the Jets. At all.

Pats will still be good because they have the best strategist in football, perhaps of all time. He'll find a way to win, just as he always does. Oh, and Brady is pretty special.

The Patriots lost more than just Bruschi, they also lost Ty Law, Roman Phifer and Keith Traylor from their defense. Now not all of these guys are key starters but they all are solid contributors that will be missed. Couple that with the loss of both coordinators and I think you have yourself the an opening for problems.

Yeah, they added Chad Brown and Dana Stubblefield but both guys are over 34. The secondary has a couple two year players and a couple of guys beyond their prime in Harrison and Poole.

I like Brady and Dillon so I won't say anything yet, but they don't seem to be the same dominant team they used to be. The keys to that team are getting on in age or leaving.

It's just a matter of time.

9-7 this year, IMHO.

TE Ben Watson coming back from injury

DE Rodney Bailey coming back from injury

OLB Rosey Colvin a full 2 years off of hip surgery and at full speed.

All is not lost in Patriots land. Will they be 14-2 again? Probably not but they'll still win at least 11-12 games.

The Patriots lost more than just Bruschi, they also lost Ty Law, Roman Phifer and Keith Traylor from their defense.  Now not all of these guys are key starters...

Actually, by year's end, none of them were even full-time starters at all, let alone "key".

Yeah, they added Chad Brown and Dana Stubblefield but both guys are over 34.

Dana Stubblefield is not a member of the Patriots.

The secondary has a couple two year players and a couple of guys beyond their prime in Harrison and Poole. 

Harrison is still a top safety, and hardly past his prime. Poole is coming off an injury, but had great numbers in '03. To top it off, they added Duane Starks, who's a very good corner when healthy.

Seems like your knowledge of the Pats' players is sub-par at best. Might want to study up on them before you spout off again.

I likee, but I'm more inclined to say:

Pats 11-5

Bills 10-6

Jets 9-7

Fins 8-8

388906[/snapback]

Pretty much that's close to it. The AFC East has long been the hardest conference in the NFL. And even by tossing out the Colts, it didnt make it any easier. Obviously NE is stil the top of the group, and Miami is still the worse. But the best is pretty damn good, and the phins are not the cupcake team everyone thinks.

NE - 10-12 wins.

I can't believe that they can go 14-2 by losing two top coaches. Look at the history of the NFL coaching staffs, and look at how teams struggled as other teams hired away coaches and coordinators. Regardless of how they did in the future, losing your staff hurts. That being said, they will be great, win the division, and go deep in the playoffs.

BUFF - 7-9 wins.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on JP. He may have all the talent in the world, but until I see it, I'm still waiting. Remember the hype on Marinovich, Couch, or even worse, Ryan Leaf. I'm not bashing the guy, but he is unproven, and that cannot be argued. The defense is still scary, and still so underrespected. WM is solid and can help JP Develop, so let's see what happens.

NYJ - 7-9 wins.

Its the Jets, and I can never give them too much respect. The reason is that I always see them as a self fulfilling doom prophecy. When they get good and start doing great things, they fall apart. The team looks good, even if Martin is getting older and Pennington is recovering from injury, the team still looks pretty good. Give them time before they jinx themselves.

MIA - 6-8 wins.

Even the worse team in the division can give you fits, ask NE. Saban is the man who's going to rebuild the frnachise, but it won't happen in one season. A last place schedule will help, but Feely isn't the answer, and Ronnie Brown needs to prove himself too. But they are not a 4-12 team. and I'd be surprised to see them out of many games early.

Pretty much that's close to it. The AFC East has long been the hardest conference in the NFL. And even by tossing out the Colts, it didnt make it any easier. Obviously NE is stil the top of the group, and Miami is still the worse. But the best is pretty damn good, and the phins are not the cupcake team everyone thinks.

NE - 10-12 wins.

I can't believe that they can go 14-2 by losing two top coaches. Look at the history of the NFL coaching staffs, and look at how teams struggled as other teams hired away coaches and coordinators. Regardless of how they did in the future, losing your staff hurts. That being said, they will be great, win the division, and go deep in the playoffs.

BUFF - 7-9 wins.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on JP. He may have all the talent in the world, but until I see it, I'm still waiting. Remember the hype on Marinovich, Couch, or even worse, Ryan Leaf. I'm not bashing the guy, but he is unproven, and that cannot be argued. The defense is still scary, and still so underrespected. WM is solid and can help JP Develop, so let's see what happens.

NYJ - 7-9 wins.

Its the Jets, and I can never give them too much respect. The reason is that I always see them as a self fulfilling doom prophecy. When they get good and start doing great things, they fall apart. The team looks good, even if Martin is getting older and Pennington is recovering from injury, the team still looks pretty good. Give them time before they jinx themselves.

MIA - 6-8 wins.

Even the worse team in the division can give you fits, ask NE. Saban is the man who's going to rebuild the frnachise, but it won't happen in one season. A last place schedule will help, but Feely isn't the answer, and Ronnie Brown needs to prove himself too. But they are not a 4-12 team. and I'd be surprised to see them out of many games early.

389348[/snapback]

Your predictions make sense until you come to Miami.

The phish have a rookie coach, an aging defense, lost a good corner, have a putrid OL and no quarterback.

8 wins? Sorry, I think not.

Your predictions make sense until you come to Miami.

The phish have a rookie coach, an aging defense, lost a good corner, have a putrid OL and no quarterback.

8 wins? Sorry, I think not.

389360[/snapback]

If I was being optimistic Id say they'd go 16-0. But I'm a realist, and I definately think they can win 6 games. And it won't be a stretch for them to get 8. Now.... if they get 9 or more, I'll eat my hat and drink Dom Perignon. That's not gonna happen though. I think 6 is a decent guess. I'll revise and say they can win 5-7? That better?

If I was being optimistic Id say they'd go 16-0. But I'm a realist, and I definately think they can win 6 games. And it won't be a stretch for them to get 8. Now.... if they get 9 or more, I'll eat my hat and drink Dom Perignon. That's not gonna happen though. I think 6 is a decent guess. I'll revise and say they can win 5-7? That better?

389365[/snapback]

Much better, thank you. :doh:

Last season, the fins reminded me of the "RJ" Bills, who had a good defense, but zero offense. I will not view tham as a threat until they build an offensive line. Having a weak one is the surest way to destroy a football team.

Take it from a Bills fan. :P:)

Much better, thank you.  :)

Last season, the fins reminded me of the "RJ" Bills, who had a good defense, but zero offense.  I will not view tham as a threat until they build an offensive line. Having a weak one is the surest way to destroy a football team.

Take it from a Bills fan.  :(  ;)

389369[/snapback]

Dead on, and Donahoe is a marketing genius. Keep the guys that put butts in seats and it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

I cannot see this team winning more than 6. Rookie QB, Questionable line, our O is going to be not so good.

Dead on, and Donahoe is a marketing genius. Keep the guys that put butts in seats and it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

I cannot see this team winning more than 6. Rookie QB, Questionable line, our O is going to be not so good.

389416[/snapback]

And just when you think you've seen it all....

Along come the Ravens and win it all with Trent Dilfer.

I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying that it has happened.

TE Ben Watson coming back from injury

DE Rodney Bailey coming back from injury

OLB Rosey Colvin a full 2 years off of hip surgery and at full speed.

All is not lost in Patriots land.    Will they be 14-2 again?  Probably not but they'll still win at least 11-12 games.

388922[/snapback]

If you're expecting Rodney Bailey to be huge you should go sh-- in your hat.

And just when you think you've seen it all....

Along come the Ravens and win it all with Trent Dilfer.

I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying that it has happened.

389421[/snapback]

But, Dilfer wasn't a rook. I like JP don't get me wrong. I hope he does big things in the Buff but I just don't see it happening this year.