OT - Blue Ice?

Does anybody know if the Sabres are going to play on the blue ice they experimented with last year?  I'm hoping so...

386028[/snapback]

If they do choose to do it, how long would it take before it is called the "Labatt's Blue Ice"?

Does anybody know if the Sabres are going to play on the blue ice they experimented with last year?  I'm hoping so...

386028[/snapback]

There's no way the blue ice is going to happen. High-Def TV experts told the NHL that the white ice is the best thing they could have for HD. If you've ever watched a hockey game on HD, you'll know what exactly what they mean. The white ice is so clear and the puck stands out beautifully. Bettman is actively trying to make all broadcast HD within a few years.

There's no way the blue ice is going to happen. High-Def TV experts told the NHL that the white ice is the best thing they could have for HD. If you've ever watched a hockey game on HD, you'll know what exactly what they mean. The white ice is so clear and the puck stands out beautifully. Bettman is actively trying to make all broadcast HD within a few years.

386067[/snapback]

Ah I didn't know that. I have yet to see a game in HD, maybe Empire will carry them in the fall... :D

But seriously, where will the Sabres games be?

Ah I didn't know that.  I have yet to see a game in HD, maybe Empire will carry them in the fall... :D

But seriously, where will the Sabres games be?

386092[/snapback]

in my rick jennerette voice:

"Plenty more coming up in a moment! On the Empire Sports Network"

Sorry. Blue Ice is out!

I didn't like it anyway. Good try, but fell short especially with TV coverage.

386352[/snapback]

The more I think about it, I really believe that the Sabres did things like this just to keep their name in the news. They wanted the fans to think "hey, this team is really trying to improve the game".

The more I think about it, I really believe that the Sabres did things like this just to keep their name in the news.  They wanted the fans to think "hey, this team is really trying to improve the game".

386412[/snapback]

Except I don't think it was the Sabres that decided to try that, it was a league experiment (just like the orange line, the funky net, etc).

CW