Surreal ABC News video

This video is from 1999. It's only two and a half minutes long but it is so strange to hear this stuff - Iraq, Sudan, and Bin Laden connected - from ABC News...

Video

Story

Newsweek magazine ran an article in its January 11, 1999, issue headed "Saddam + Bin Laden?" "Here's what is known so far," it read:

“Saddam Hussein, who has a long record of supporting terrorism, is trying to rebuild his intelligence network overseas -- assets that would allow him to establish a terrorism network. U.S. sources say he is reaching out to Islamic terrorists, including some who may be linked to Osama bin Laden, the wealthy Saudi exile accused of masterminding the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa last summer.”

....NPR reporter Mike Shuster interviewed Vincent Cannistraro, former head of the CIA's counterterrorism center, and offered this report:

“Iraq's contacts with bin Laden go back some years, to at least 1994, when, according to one U.S. government source, Hijazi met him when bin Laden lived in Sudan. According to Cannistraro, Iraq invited bin Laden to live in Baghdad to be nearer to potential targets of terrorist attack in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait....Some experts believe bin Laden might be tempted to live in Iraq because of his reported desire to obtain chemical or biological weapons. CIA Director George Tenet referred to that in recent testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee when he said bin Laden was planning additional attacks on American targets.”

This video is from 1999.  It's only two and a half minutes long but it is so strange to hear this stuff - Iraq, Sudan, and Bin Laden connected - from ABC News...

Video

Story

Did Alaska Darin put together that information for the Media Research Organization? That's the same beat-down I've witnessed here numerous times, but AD never included a multimedia presentation. Slacker.

Did Alaska Darin put together that information for the Media Research Organization? That's the same beat-down I've witnessed here numerous times, but AD never included a multimedia presentation. Slacker.

383053[/snapback]

In spite of his overall dreaminess, he's never been much at Powerpoint.

Which is why I was never accepted in the Air Force.

383069[/snapback]

No shidd. They may have been the Powerpoint Pioneers, but the cancer has spread. If Bill Gates ever went terrorist, all he'd have to do is pull the liscence agreements, and the entire US government would grind to a halt. People would be wailing in the streets and wringing their hands. I can hear the renting of garments as I write.

You have NO idea of the horror. We'd have to invade Seattle.

383076[/snapback]

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You hear that, nozzlenut? The Wingnuts are coming. We're coming for you!

(That very idea should just about ruin her day.)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You hear that, nozzlenut?  The Wingnuts are coming.  We're coming for you!

(That very idea should just about ruin her day.)

383078[/snapback]

Well, Debbie and I would consort with the enemy and swill beer at Pike's Brew Club while everyone fought it out. We're better at rabblerousing. She sure gets most everyone here going. :lol:

No shidd. They may have been the Powerpoint Pioneers, but the cancer has spread. If Bill Gates ever went terrorist, all he'd have to do is pull the liscence agreements, and the entire US government would grind to a halt. People would be wailing in the streets and wringing their hands. I can hear the renting of garments as I write.

383076[/snapback]

I was always just a little bit surprise that when the anti-trust suit against Microsoft was filed, every single computer at DoJ didn't "mysteriously" shut down...

I was always just a little bit surprise that when the anti-trust suit against Microsoft was filed, every single computer at DoJ didn't "mysteriously" shut down...

383122[/snapback]

It's a government system. No one would mistake it for any other day. My SNET went Belly up on Thursday, the help desk told me they'd fix it, but everyone was out with pinkeye. So, the help desk couldn't help anyone, besides answer the phone. Were it me, I'd have a message there while the phone person did what she could to fix stuff. But, that's just me.

They promised me a new Dell, though. Had I known that, I would have crashed my hard drive 6 months ago. My old machine left time for a second career while it booted.

Well, Debbie and I would consort with the enemy and swill beer at Pike's Brew Club while everyone fought it out. We're better at rabblerousing. She sure gets most everyone here going.  :lol:

383098[/snapback]

You're either with us or against us.

Ah screw it, I don't care. Just so long as I can find a FLIGHTSUIT to wear for the invasion (a little Psy-Ops), I'll be happy.

Who's bringing the FAKE PLASTIC TURKEY?

Doubt it.  She lives every day thinking she's being persecuted by wingnuts...it wouldn't be much of a change for her.  :rolleyes:

383121[/snapback]

You flatter yourself. I live every day pretty much like everyone else until I'm bored, then I come here to stir up the pot ... let it stew a bit, come back later and get a good laugh at all the ijits who have no doubt been spluttering and plotting over how to get the last word.

It's really quite flattering. From my earliest days I remember my mom calling me an instigator, and she was right. It's not just a skill, it's an art.

BiB and I have both made it perfectly clear it's what I'm about, so those of you who continually step into the trap are merely playing right into my hands.

Duh. You don't have to be MENSA to figure it out.

You flatter yourself.  I live every day pretty much like everyone else until I'm bored, then I come here to stir up the pot ... let it stew a bit, come back later and get a good laugh at all the ijits who have no doubt been spluttering and plotting over how to get the last word. 

It's really quite flattering.  From my earliest days I remember my mom calling me an instigator, and she was right.  It's not just a skill, it's an art. 

BiB and I have both made it perfectly clear it's what I'm about, so those of you who continually step into the trap are merely playing right into my hands.

Duh.  You don't have to be MENSA to figure it out.

383324[/snapback]

:P

No, you really are a radical left wing nut job. It's OK though, we do NEED people to laugh at.

At the same time, I'm glad someone like you isn't in power. Just call us France.

You flatter yourself.  I live every day pretty much like everyone else until I'm bored, then I come here to stir up the pot ... let it stew a bit, come back later and get a good laugh at all the ijits who have no doubt been spluttering and plotting over how to get the last word. 

It's really quite flattering.  From my earliest days I remember my mom calling me an instigator, and she was right.  It's not just a skill, it's an art. 

Duh.  You don't have to be MENSA to figure it out.

383324[/snapback]

Ah yes, the "I don't know how else to defend myself for being silly so I'll claim I just stir sh-- up" defense.