With the NHL Back

I saw something on the internet this morning that absolutely made it clear that the Sabres need to get some real uniforms now that the league is back.

That something....was the Iowa Stars uniforms.

Link

Seriously, how many AHL teams need to have better uniforms than us before we make a change?

BTW, that gold trim would look good on a new blue and gold jersey.

Anchorage Aces Jersey

This really doesn't do it justice but these are really nice uniforms.

It's seriously time to go back to the Blue and Gold - and burn the third jersey as an apology to the Lords of Stanley.

382465[/snapback]

That jersey is WAY too busy......I would love the old jersey back with slight modifications

Anchorage Aces Jersey

It's seriously time to go back to the Blue and Gold - and burn the third jersey as an apology to the Lords of Stanley.

382465[/snapback]

Not a huge fan of the uni's, but I dig the Budweiser bowtie on the helmets.

I saw something on the internet this morning that absolutely made it clear that the Sabres need to get some real uniforms now that the league is back.

That something....was the Iowa Stars uniforms.

Link

Seriously, how many AHL teams need to have better uniforms than us before we make a change?

BTW, that gold trim would look good on a new blue and gold jersey.

382451[/snapback]

So the Sabres should copy the Dallas Stars uniforms?

Anchorage Aces Jersey

382465[/snapback]

That really does them no jersey... these look terrible. Better pic maybe?

Anchorage Aces Jersey

382465[/snapback]

There is something to be said for any hockey uniform that has the words "professional hockey" in the logo. That's retro cool. "Alaska" on the neck is a nice touch, too.

You can have the mountain border. The mountains look, should I say, too good. Like a photo. I don't believe in uniforms that have photos on them. Molly Hatchet T-shirts maybe, but hockey uniforms, nah.

Which brings up the Sabres look. There was nothing wrong with the blue and gold, why fix what was not broken? Did the short-term marketing profit justify it (not that I know the answer, jus askin)?

This seems to be a common problem with Buffalo professional sports. Take a look at the current Bills throwback compared to those turds they have now. Same thing with the Sabres. Night and day.

382543[/snapback]

The only thing more common is Buffalo fans complaining about uniforms like the queer-eye guys at a wine-tasting. :D

I've heard some crazy things about the future of hockey uniforms.

One thing I heard is that they may switch to tight, aerodynamic uniforms.  I've heard them compared to "Spiderman wearing your team's colors and logo."

God no!

382547[/snapback]

Hockey players in speedos???

There is something to be said for any hockey uniform that has the words "professional hockey" in the logo.  That's retro cool.  "Alaska" on the neck is a nice touch, too. 

You can have the mountain border.  The mountains look, should I say, too good.  Like a photo.  I don't believe in uniforms that have photos on them.  Molly Hatchet T-shirts maybe, but hockey uniforms, nah.

Which brings up the Sabres look. There was nothing wrong with the blue and gold, why fix what was not broken?  Did the short-term marketing profit justify it (not that I know the answer, jus askin)?

382550[/snapback]

How about Molly Hatchet tees, as uniforms.

I've heard some crazy things about the future of hockey uniforms.

One thing I heard is that they may switch to tight, aerodynamic uniforms.  I've heard them compared to "Spiderman wearing your team's colors and logo."

God no!

382547[/snapback]

The rumor now is that those uniforms may only be for goalies (good) and that 2006 is when we'll finally see them.

But, yeah, those are going to happen. Reebok designed them and it's been all but confirmed they're in the NHL's plans.

Celsius Design - Sabres Concept

I'm not sure if alot of you have seen these before, but I think they are the perfect combination of blue and gold and a little bit of the current logos for the Sabres. These would be awesome for the upcoming season and I believe this company has made a pitch to the organization :D But don't take my word on that...

I'm not sure if alot of you have seen these before, but I think they are the perfect combination of blue and gold and a little bit of the current logos for the Sabres. These would be awesome for the upcoming season and I believe this company has made a pitch to the organization  :D  But don't take my word on that...

382588[/snapback]

Those pics have been around for years and they never, ever get old. They still look as good to me now as the first day that guy posted them.

I love this one - perfect alternate jersey

The Sabres could pick any of the uniforms this guy proposes and look great.

That one gave me chills. It's great.

382603[/snapback]

Instead of doing the right thing, and using this guys uniforms, they pay a firm millions of dollars for crap... see the new sabres website for an example

I'm not sure if alot of you have seen these before, but I think they are the perfect combination of blue and gold and a little bit of the current logos for the Sabres. These would be awesome for the upcoming season and I believe this company has made a pitch to the organization  :D  But don't take my word on that...

382588[/snapback]

those are fantastic...it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to think of the sabres switching back to jerseys like that...