Lakers Starting to Assemble "All Malcontent" Team

I to was scratching my head over the pick as I have never even heard of the guy......but he is doing well in summer pro league.....

and yeah I know it is summer pro league.....but the number one pick from last year we got from Europe is looking like absolute crap.....against summer league competition.....while Von Wafer is actually playing well......

We get a veteran guy......guards are easy to find.....quality bigs are hard to find

I to was scratching my head over the pick as I have never even heard of the guy......but he is doing well in summer pro league.....

and yeah I know it is summer pro league.....but the number one pick from last year we got from Europe is looking like absolute crap.....against summer league competition.....while Von Wafer is actually playing well......

We get a veteran guy......guards are easy to find.....quality bigs are hard to find

383490[/snapback]

Wafer was a #2 guy on a piss poor Florida State ACC Team. He was too young for the draft, and had issues here with team play and practice. Funny what the prospect of millions does to your team game.

When he declared, no one here in Tallahassee thought he would get drafted, and seeing the Lakers snag him made my head spin.

Makes me think someone sees something there that no one else sees? If it was Jerry West I'd be buying.... but this still makes no sense.

Wafer was a #2 guy on a piss poor Florida State ACC Team. He was too young for the draft, and had issues here with team play and practice. Funny what the prospect of millions does to your team game.

When he declared, no one here in Tallahassee thought he would get drafted, and seeing the Lakers snag him made my head spin.

Makes me think someone sees something there that no one else sees? If it was Jerry West I'd be buying.... but this still makes no sense.

383492[/snapback]

Regarding Jerry Wests eye for talent.....

I would just like to point out that both Kupchak and West were making offers to the PF/C they just aquired.......

That's another problem with the NBA.  Why on earth would they purposely name a team "Wizards"?  That's horrible!  How did that happen?

"Alright, we need a name with some street cred.  I got it - Wizards!  That sounds like a classy name for a group of athletes.  OK, now for some colors...Everyone likes teal and yellow right?  With big cartoon font?  Great!"

:rolleyes:

383075[/snapback]

When they were the Bullets, Washington DC was practically lleading the nation in murders, per capita. So the team owner, who has never had a clue about running a franchise and building a steady winner, decided that the name Bullets was too symptomatic of crime and thus needed to be cleaned up. Also, changing the name might theoretically erase some of team's sorry history from people's minds, So the team became known as the Wizards, yes, supposedly to appear creditable.

Regarding Jerry Wests eye for talent.....

I would just like to point out that both Kupchak and West were making offers to the PF/C they just aquired.......

383511[/snapback]

Im not sure what you mean.... clarify?

Im glad you follow the bullets, but if you followed the Wizards at all, you'll realize that none of this backs up the abilities of Kwame Brown. The other players you listed had a solid career in college before going into the NBA.

382427[/snapback]

Brother, I have been a fan of Le Boulez since I moved to DC in 86. They will always be the Bullets to me. If they changed the name of the Dolphins to the Sting Rays, think you might always call them the Dolphins?

Secondly, you obviously did not catch my sarcasm. As what we in the mid atlantic affectionately refer to as "The curse of Le Boulez", we are almost certain that any player dealt form the franchise will immediately turn into a ALL Star on his new team. Or, if they finally happen to make the playoffs and win a series for the first time in close to 30 yrs, they will lose one of their all star players to a better offer(Larry Hughes).CURSE OF LE BOULEZ

Brother, I have been a fan of  Le Boulez since I moved to DC in 86. They will always be the  Bullets to me. If they changed the name of the Dolphins to the Sting Rays, think you might always call them the Dolphins?

Secondly, you obviously did not catch my sarcasm. As what we in the mid atlantic affectionately refer to as "The curse of Le Boulez", we are almost certain that any player dealt form the franchise will immediately turn into a ALL Star on his new team. Or, if they finally happen to make the playoffs and win a series for the first time in close to 30 yrs, they will lose one of their all star players to a better offer(Larry Hughes).CURSE OF LE BOULEZ

383682[/snapback]

Ahh, I get you on both fronts now... As They will always be the Bullets to you, the Dolphins will always play in Joe Robbie Stadium to me.

As for your curse idea... it follows many more teams than just Le Boulez. Bill Simmons has another familiar sports theory he calls the Ewing effect, that when a top name player goes down with injury, it sparks the team to win, as was most obviously proved by Drew Bledsoe.

So, got a name for your theory?