Big Tree Inn

Without question you should come early, preferrably Thursday. You should stay Thurs, Fri, Sat at The Hampton Inn on Chippewa. You will not need a car for three days. Then pack your bags early Sunday Morning, sign in at the nearest dive to the stadium. Go to Big Tree and Danny's before and after the game and then stumble home to your flea bag hotel that won't matter at this point so you can leave on Monday. That is really what you should do.

380353[/snapback]

I have to agree with Kelly here. Near Chippewa is where you want to be. Either the Hampton on Chippewa or the Hyatt down Main St.

There used to be a Radisson on Main and Chippewa which I think might now be a Comfort Suites.

If you want to go on the cheap, there is the Buffalo Hostel on Main just 1/2 a block from Chippewa.

Additionally, if staying near Chippewa, I'd recommend hitting up Hemmingway's on Pearl St for wings. They're my favorite place in Buffalo for wings. I always stop there for wings after the dozen or so Sabres games I go to a year.

Which reminds me, the NHL is back in action. You might luck out and be able to catch a Sabres game that weekend also.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big tree inn is definitely the place to go on gameday weekend. IMHO the best wings around, and a good bills ambiance. Go there on a sunday evening after the game, and you'll most likely see a bunch of the bills havin a few beers/wings. I live directly next door, and bartend there a few nites/week. You'd better hustle after the game though, because it gets packed quick.

I grew up on Mt Vernon Blvd near the big circle, just 2 streets over.  I bet that you don't miss all of the trains going by at night.

380285[/snapback]

In the summer with the windows open, we used to have to crank the volume on the tv to hear it. :D

They are on opposite corners of Abbott Road and 20A. Danny's is bigger and more upscale with a restaurant. The Big Tree Inn is more of a little corner pub atmosphere and the wings are slightly better. You could easily do both, they are about a 150 yards away from each other. And no, I'm not converting it to meters.

:D

379713[/snapback]

Real easy to see on Hammer's Lot website

And where to stay depends on whether you have a designated driver or not. if you don't I'd suggest a tent in Hammer's Lot or a camper in Stadium lot.

The big tree inn is definitely the place to go on gameday weekend. IMHO the best wings around, and a good bills ambiance. Go there on a sunday evening after the game, and you'll most likely see a bunch of the bills havin a few beers/wings. I live directly next door, and bartend there a few nites/week. You'd better hustle after the game though, because it gets packed quick.

Cut and trim your grass.

Cut and trim your grass.

381401[/snapback]

Hammer did you mean to add that to the how far is the old log in thread? :D;)

Real easy to see on Hammer's Lot website

And where to stay depends on whether you have a designated driver or not.  if you don't I'd suggest a tent in Hammer's Lot or a camper in Stadium lot.

381337[/snapback]

Dear Hammer:

Can the EZC pitch a tent in your lot the day before the homeopener?

Sincerely,

EZC

Who is hammered a lot?? And the grass was cut this week... the lawn mower was broken for a while.

381926[/snapback]

"hammered a lot"is owner of the biggest private lot next to the Ralph and where we hold our annual tailgate at. It is actually closer than a lot of the Bills parking lots.

Hammer's Lot webpage:

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/Hammer/index.html

Dear Hammer:

Can the EZC pitch a tent in your lot the day before the homeopener?

Sincerely,

EZC

For game day? or for overnight camping?? For overnight camping,

Yes. My rules for overnight camping are quiet time starts at 11pm (also town of O.P. law) that means no loud music.

Pick up your trash, no matter what or who it is.