Carucci's not as close to the Bills anymore

RVJ

Especially for a guy that wrote a book about them

Any Bill fan would know what round we drafted TH.

I guess Vic's getting like all the other media types.....soft and complacent.

BAD IDEA

The Buffalo Bills holding the line on a third-round draft pick as trade compensation for running back Travis Henry: Bills general manager Tom Donahoe told the Florida Times-Union that that was his minimum price, a reduction from an earlier demand for a second-rounder. It makes perfect sense for Donahoe to seek the best deal he can for a former featured back that joined the Bills as a first-round choice in 2001. However, to whatever market might exist for Henry's services, he still is perceived as an unhappy starter-turned-backup that the Bills are simply trying to unload before he creates an unnecessary distraction as a holdout or becomes a locker-room cancer by telling anyone with a microphone or notepad how much he wants out of Buffalo. Henry could very well prove to be a major help to a team, such as Jacksonville, with concerns about the health of its starting running back. But when one club is looking at relieving another club of a headache, it is going to want nothing less than a bargain. The Bills are better off turning the page on Henry as soon as possible, and putting all of their focus on an offense that features his replacement, Willis McGahee, and new starting quarterback J.P. Losman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8638307

Especially for a guy that wrote a book about them

Any Bill fan would know what round we drafted TH.

I guess Vic's getting like all the other media types.....soft and complacent.

BAD IDEA

The Buffalo Bills holding the line on a third-round draft pick as trade compensation for running back Travis Henry: Bills general manager Tom Donahoe told the Florida Times-Union that that was his minimum price, a reduction from an earlier demand for a second-rounder. It makes perfect sense for Donahoe to seek the best deal he can for a former featured back that joined the Bills as a first-round choice in 2001. However, to whatever market might exist for Henry's services, he still is perceived as an unhappy starter-turned-backup that the Bills are simply trying to unload before he creates an unnecessary distraction as a holdout or becomes a locker-room cancer by telling anyone with a microphone or notepad how much he wants out of Buffalo. Henry could very well prove to be a major help to a team, such as Jacksonville, with concerns about the health of its starting running back. But when one club is looking at relieving another club of a headache, it is going to want nothing less than a bargain. The Bills are better off turning the page on Henry as soon as possible, and putting all of their focus on an offense that features his replacement, Willis McGahee, and new starting quarterback J.P. Losman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8638307

379280[/snapback]

Someone should tell him that Henry wasn't a 1st round draft pick...

I agree he's not as close as he used to be. Good god, he sounds like just another "NFL expert" now! He's talking about how the Bills are "perceived" to want to unload Travis quickly, because they're worried about him becoming a distraction. What he (like all the other "experts") fails to realize is that, with Travis vowing to never suit up for the Bills again and stay in FLA, he's not even an afterthought. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say. And I think that most clubs THOUGHT that the Bills would want to unload his ASAP, but are now starting to realize that TD wasn't kidding when he said he'd keep him all year if he had to.

I agree he's not as close as he used to be.  Good god, he sounds like just another "NFL expert" now!  He's talking about how the Bills are "perceived" to want to unload Travis quickly, because they're worried about him becoming a distraction.  What he (like all the other "experts") fails to realize is that, with Travis vowing to never suit up for the Bills again and stay in FLA, he's not even an afterthought.  Out of sight, out of mind, as they say.  And I think that most clubs THOUGHT that the Bills would want to unload his ASAP, but are now starting to realize that TD wasn't kidding when he said he'd keep him all year if he had to.

379302[/snapback]

Except he is taking 1.5 million or whatever in cap spae. And a roster spot. Even though you have expanded rosters, you still have a limit on how many guys you can bring in.

Except he is taking 1.5 million or whatever in cap spae.  And a roster spot.  Even though you have expanded rosters, you still have a limit on how many guys you can bring in.

As the 3rd RB, who would be inactive every week anyway, it's a non-issue. And he'd have to give back half his salary if he sat out half the season, meaning he'd save the Bills $625K (i.e. half his $1.25M base salary).

As the 3rd RB, who would be inactive every week anyway, it's a non-issue.  And he'd have to give back half his salary if he sat out half the season, meaning he'd save the Bills $625K (i.e. half his $1.25M base salary).

379331[/snapback]

Except it still counts against the cap.

What he (like all the other "experts") fails to realize is that, with Travis vowing to never suit up for the Bills again and stay in FLA, he's not even an afterthought.  Out of sight, out of mind, as they say.  And I think that most clubs THOUGHT that the Bills would want to unload his ASAP, but are now starting to realize that TD wasn't kidding when he said he'd keep him all year if he had to.

379302[/snapback]

I don't know if that's the way the Bills are thinking, but I think it's the right way of thinking. We have no Henry come training camp. Whether he's with the team or not, we just move forward as though there will be no Henry. If he was a big cap hit, it would be a different story, but it's not so it's not. That was either by luck or design, but regardless, we can sit and wait, and if no one gives us what we want right now, we'll figure it out later. One bag of dope on another Dolphin. One injury in camp. Or even during the season. ONE FLUKE and Henry's popularity soars in the eyes of somebody in a jam.

To me, TD has three choices: get what he wants (or some form of it without losing face) from someone now; If not, sit it and and say "If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm not giving the guy away." Option 3: Okay...here...you take him for a fifth. I was just kidding about that whole "conditional second" thing, oh, and any chance I've ever had to negotiate with anyone for the rest of my life is shot to hell.

The first two are fine. The last one is a death wish and I'll be surprised if TD doesn't stick Henry's career into the crapper and eat the cap hit before he gives him to someone for nothing.

I dig it.

I don't know if that's the way the Bills are thinking, but I think it's the right way of thinking. We have no Henry come training camp. Whether he's with the team or not, we just move forward as though there will be no Henry. If he was a big cap hit, it would be a different story, but it's not so it's not. That was either by luck or design, but regardless, we can sit and wait, and if no one gives us what we want right now, we'll figure it out later. One bag of dope on another Dolphin. One injury in camp. Or even during the season. ONE FLUKE and Henry's popularity soars in the eyes of somebody in a jam.

To me, TD has three choices: get what he wants (or some form of it without losing face) from someone now; If not, sit it and and say "If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm not giving the guy away." Option 3: Okay...here...you take him for a fifth. I was just kidding about that whole "conditional second" thing, oh,  and any chance I've ever had to negotiate with anyone for the rest of my life is shot to hell.

The first two are fine. The last one is a death wish and I'll be surprised if TD doesn't stick Henry's career into the crapper and eat the cap hit before he gives him to someone for nothing.

I dig it.

379367[/snapback]

Agreed.

some team will need Henry - and it could be the Bills if Willis gets dinged in training camp.

To me, TD has three choices: get what he wants (or some form of it without losing face) from someone now; If not, sit it and and say "If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm not giving the guy away."

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Either TD gets what he wants, or he keeps Travis, period. Travis' cap hit is minimal and his potential for distraction is almost nil.

I agree, if Travi isn't in camp or on the field he won't be distracting the Bills. He will however, be distracting to me because every game I watch on the tube the announcers will want to talk about a back up running back who they believe is distracting the team. When was the last time a backup who gets injured quite a bit garnered so much press time.

I agree, if Travi isn't in camp or on the field he won't be distracting the Bills.  He will however, be distracting to me because every game I watch on  the tube the announcers will want to talk about a back up running back who they believe is distracting the team.  When was the last time a backup who gets injured quite a bit garnered so much press time.

379548[/snapback]

<_< You're right!