Ahh, so it was Karl Rove....

i am a right wing loonie....and i am outraged at Karl Rove's actions.

however....i am not quite sure i understand the effects of what he did.  Are there any?

379597[/snapback]

At the very least, he caused a CIA agent to end her career sooner than she otherwise would have. He compromised our national security by outing an undercover agent who your tax dollars paid to train. He also put at risk the safety of her and anyone she may have used as a contact in foriegn countries - contacts that for whatever reason were sympathetic to America.

No bid deal.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts like Karl Rove, the President's "Brain", outing a CIA agent?

That's the only relavent fact here, no matter how it's spun.

380104[/snapback]

In other words, you had never heard any of the information from the Washington Post article I posted yesterday and, in general, would prefer not to hear information the clashes with your pathetic, myopic view of the world.

I guess it's easier to make judgements and stick to your guns when you go out of your way to ignore the information you don't want to hear.

Carry on.

Myopia+Ideology=More Cowbell

380118[/snapback]

Eagerness to ignore information + outrage + outrage that there isn't more outrage = Frenkle?

God, this board has collapsed today. It's all grammar and math lessons!

At the very least, he caused a CIA agent to end her career sooner than she otherwise would have.  He compromised our national security by outing an undercover agent who your tax dollars paid to train.  He also put at risk the safety of her and anyone she may have used as a contact in foriegn countries - contacts that for whatever reason were sympathetic to America.

No bid deal.

380100[/snapback]

If you could read, you would know that she was outed as an active agent by Aldrich Ames over 10 years ago! She was a desk jockey. Rove told the reporter that his pursuing what her husband said was wrong and that it wasn't the White House or the Director of the CIA who sent him, but his wife who suggested him for the trip.

But of course it doesn't fit the mantra.

HALLIBURTON! FLIGHTSUIT! NOSEPICK! ROVE! DING!!!

Eagerness to ignore information + outrage + outrage that there isn't more outrage = Frenkle?

God, this board has collapsed today.  It's all grammar and math lessons!

380122[/snapback]

OK, so what should we talk about?

Anyone ever check out the politics board on the "Range"? You think WE are a bunch of morons. As stupid as this shidd gets sometimes, everyone here is a Rhodes Scholar compared. Went to peruse today. Wow. Had to wash my brain when I was done. Not all of them, but I picture a lot of folks forced to wear football helmets when they go to the mall.

In other words, you had never heard any of the information from the Washington Post article I posted yesterday and, in general, would prefer not to hear information the clashes with your pathetic, myopic view of the world.

I guess it's easier to make judgements and stick to your guns when you go out of your way to ignore the information you don't want to hear.

Carry on.

380116[/snapback]

The article has nothing to do with Rove's actions.

It certainly calls into question Wilson's credibility, but it also stats that the Post believes it was lied to by Wilson, so there may be a bone to pick here, maybe not.

Who the hell is being myopic here? What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts? This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent. In case you missed it, that's a fact.

If you could read, you would know that she was outed as an active agent by Aldrich Ames over 10 years ago! She was a desk jockey.  Rove told the reporter that his pursuing what her husband said was wrong and that it wasn't the White House or the Director of the CIA who sent him, but his wife who suggested him for the trip.

But of course it doesn't fit the mantra.

HALLIBURTON! FLIGHTSUIT! NOSEPICK! ROVE!    DING!!!

380126[/snapback]

Did Rush tell you that?

It certainly calls into question Wilson's credibility, but it also stats that the Post believes it was lied to by Wilson, so there may be a bone to pick here, maybe not.

Who the hell is being myopic here?  What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts?  This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent.  In case you missed it, that's a fact.

380141[/snapback]

Define "Agent".

What is your definition of a CIA agent?  Doesn't seem like a tough question.

380155[/snapback]

Is this a trick question? What's the point???

I believe it's a designation given to a certain type of employee withing the CIA. Spy is probably a decent equivalent.

I'm sure the reason you're asking will now become clear. Fire away. :angry:

Is this a trick question?  What's the point???

I believe it's a designation given to a certain type of employee withing the CIA.  Spy is probably a decent equivalent.

I'm sure the reason you're asking will now become clear.  Fire away. :angry:

380156[/snapback]

I'm not asking - someone else was. But it's OK to project if it helps you get through the day.

Who the hell is being myopic here?  What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts?  This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

380141[/snapback]

Uh, actually it has a lot to do with Rove's actions, because the whole thing started when Cooper asked to interview Rove about Joe Wilson. Calls into question Wilson's motives, qualifications, and integrity - as well as his wife's integrity if she's a covert CIA agent who uses her job to send her husband on trips to Niger that he isn't qualified to take (not the best way to stay covert, IMO, but then again I've never been in the CIA).

The main point is there's a lot more to this story than "Rove leaked CIA agent's name" (for revenge, which you seem to be sure of) but ignore everything else and keep trying to oversimplify until everything fits your world view.

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent.  In case you missed it, that's a fact.
Has he been charged with anything? Convicted? Convicted by anyone other than Chris Matthews and Michael "Koran Abuse!" Isikoff? No? Oh, then why not be reasonable and take a wait and see approach to facts coming out slowly about an old story?

OK, yeah, that last one was a silly question.... :angry:

Nicholas D. Kristof's OP-ED Piece in the NYT

"First, the C.I.A. suspected that Aldrich Ames had given Mrs. Wilson's name (along with those of other spies) to the Russians before his espionage arrest in 1994. So her undercover security was undermined at that time, and she was brought back to Washington for safety reasons."

380160[/snapback]

THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!! IGNORE THAT!!! THE IMPORTANT THING IS KARL ROVE AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!

/G.F.

I'm not asking - someone else was.  But it's OK to project if it helps you get through the day.

380157[/snapback]

Actually, technically you did.

What is your definition of a CIA agent?  Doesn't seem like a tough question.

380155[/snapback]

No need to be a dick about it.