Can Parrish be the next in line with slot success?

I see your point.

But if a slot gnat stung me once, I'll be happy to suffer a 5-yard offside penalty to mistakenly flatten said.

378927[/snapback]

That's certainly the best revenge. I'm hoping he's tough enough to take what's coming - but that can be said for just about every guy coming out of college. Hopefully his personal radar works well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we're asking the wrong question.  Will Evans' production drop because of the rookie QB?

379086[/snapback]

He's not a rookie, but that's what everyone is waiting to see. If Losman can't get the ball out to the WRs consistently, McGahee is going to be running into 8 man fronts all season. It might not be completely disasterous, but it won't be much fun to watch either.

I was watching that this morning before I went to work.  I tivo'd the rest of it, so I'll try to catch all of it tonight.

Parrish didn't look very impressive in what I saw.  My main concern is w/ him being able to get a clean release off the line of scrimmage.  I just don't know how he'll fare if he can't do that, especially considering that he's only 168lbs.  He'll have to use a lot of motion, and even that isn't a guarantee that he'll be able to get off the line clean.  Remember when we were using Winfield to cover the slot?  Other teams experiment w/ that also in certain circumstances.

378593[/snapback]

For what it's worth, Parrish was drawing oohs and aahs from his peers during the combine. NFL Network didn't show all of the drills they were going through. Braylon Edwards was raving about his quickness in one drill.

I saw the pass-catching drill where they start-off on the sidelines catching 2 passes, and then running down the middle of the field trying to catch another 4 passes on the run. Parrish missed one of the passes on the run, and tripped catching the last pass. But then I heard about how impressive he was in OTA's, so I didn't care.

Parrish will be in-motion until he learns to avoid the chuck.  It won't be that much of an issue.

378704[/snapback]

Great point, everyone is worried about the jam, when in fact it's not nearly as big an issue for Parrish as it is for an every down receiver. As for him being a deep threat, I don't see that. It's not like Parrish is just going to run past NFL cb's. Parrish is not a viable successor to Moulds, way too many limitations in his game. He is just a complementary gizmo.

Great point, everyone is worried about the jam, when in fact it's not nearly as big an issue for Parrish as it is for an every down receiver.  As for him being a deep threat, I don't see that.  It's not like Parrish is just going to run past NFL cb's.  Parrish is not a viable successor to Moulds, way too many limitations in his game.  He is just a complementary gizmo.

With Parrish's 4.37 speed, I could definitely see him running past most NFL CB's. I think he'll be used mostly as a 3rd down receiver, but he'll get his chances, assuming the O-line can keep defenders off of JP long enough.

Parrish definitely does have the speed to run past NFL coverage men , but as Badol implies, will likely be used more underneath and on slants to utilize his great quickness.

The idea that Parrish was drafted as Moulds' replacement is far beyond the bounds of reality and possibility. He will never be a 1 and likely will struggle even at the 2 position. He is a situational player.