Hurricane is comming my way!

LOL I have a hurricane Emily living in my home as we speak....

Congrats on surviving the storm....

378498[/snapback]

I caught a Robin Williams bit recently where he goes on on what a storm would be like if we named it Hurricane Shanika, and then he goes into this whole Jerry Springer guest-like personality:

Oh, no, child. You don't want none of this cuz Shanika be smackin' your cracker ass up and down the coast, uh-huhhh....

:D:w00t: Funny stuff.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in biz here in tally...for us, the winds only hit about 40 or so, with a few gusts over 50...but the biggest problem was the rain...we got 6 inches of rain yesterday and 1-2 more inches possible today...there was some crazy flooding...parts of highway 98 on the gulf coast south of us

(10 mins away) were under water...but we're all safe and sound...

oh yah, and the weather channel has this beautiful piece of advicescrolling across the bottom of the screen yesterday..."Do not drive your car through standing water as it may be deeper than expected, and remember not to drown.

They were saying yesterday that it might stall in the KY, IN, OH area. If so it could be like the hurricane that stalled over the Southern Tier in 72or 73. Cablelady et al. can tell us how bad that was!

They were saying yesterday that it might stall in the KY, IN, OH area. If so it could be like the hurricane that stalled over the Southern Tier in 72or 73. Cablelady et al. can tell us how bad that was!

378601[/snapback]

June 23, 1972. It was horrible to say the least. Only 1 house on our street survived.....a couple ended up on the dike behind the houses. Ours came off its foundation, floated up and came back down tipped on its side. Damn Hurricane Agnes...... <_<

June 23, 1972. It was horrible to say the least. Only 1 house on our street survived.....a couple ended up on the dike behind the houses. Ours came off its foundation, floated up and came back down tipped on its side. Damn Hurricane Agnes......  <_<

379193[/snapback]

I remember waking up to sheets of pavement the size of autos flying down my street- afterwards one of the cleanup jobs was removing picnic benches that floated away and got stuck in power lines.