[OT] sorta Bills National Anthem contest

First girl sang out of tune part of the time. He voice had a bit of a raunchy quality which I don't care for. Your girl Julie didn't put consonants at the end of words. Of course with the national anthem you know what the words are, but another song you might not be able to understand. Tone quality was good and she sang in tune. I am not a fan of the vocal ornamentation she was doing. The third girl sang it a little straighter, She had a very nice tone quality, sang in tune, and enunciated her words better. She sang it in a higher key and had no problems with the higher pitched notes. As a critic, I would say she did the best job.

First girl sang out of tune part of the time.  He voice had a bit of a raunchy quality which I don't care for.  Your girl Julie didn't put consonants at the end of words.  Of course with the national anthem you know what the words are, but another song you might not be able to understand.  Tone quality was good and she sang in tune.  I am not a fan of the vocal ornamentation she was doing.  The third girl sang it a little straighter, She had a very nice tone quality, sang in tune, and enunciated her words better.  She sang it in a higher key and had no problems with the higher pitched notes.  As a critic, I would say she did the best job.

375690[/snapback]

Nice report! I thought when she started out that high, we might have a disaster at the end, but she was actually confident belting it out. The fans will dig it.

First girl sang out of tune part of the time. He voice had a bit of a raunchy quality which I don't care for. Your girl Julie didn't put consonants at the end of words. Of course with the national anthem you know what the words are, but another song you might not be able to understand. Tone quality was good and she sang in tune. I am not a fan of the vocal ornamentation she was doing. The third girl sang it a little straighter, She had a very nice tone quality, sang in tune, and enunciated her words better. She sang it in a higher key and had no problems with the higher pitched notes. As a critic, I would say she did the best job

So, if I'm to understand your critique, you'd rank them best to worst, 3, 2, 1.

Guess that shows how much I know about music, 'cuz I'd rank them in the exact opposite order. :lol:

Guess that shows how much I know about music, 'cuz I'd rank them in the exact opposite order. :lol:

375773[/snapback]

Well, at least you agreed on who finished 2nd.

Guess that shows how much I know about music, 'cuz I'd rank them in the exact opposite order. :devil:

375773[/snapback]

All according to taste. Some people would prefer a little "edgier" sound and don't pay as much attention wo whether or not it's in tune.

At buffalo bills.com they are having a contest for one of three ladies to sing the anthem at a game.

www.buffalobills.com/fans/billsanthemidol.jsp

It struck me funny because I kept reading "Bills and the Midol" and thought "What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

For the record I voted for Kayleen Follman. I don't know any of them, but she seemed to be the best.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Pats fan yesterday, and we were talking about the national anthem. So he says to me who do you like to sing the national anthem and i tell him bb.com is having a contest and the web link is www.buffalobills.com/fans/billsanthemidol.jsp. He says to me that sounds like bills and the midol.

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just the contest name and not in his singing lol.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Pats fan yesterday, and we were talking about the national anthem. So he says to me who do you like to sing the national anthem and i tell him bb.com is having a contest and the web link is www.buffalobills.com/fans/billsanthemidol.jsp.  He says to me that sounds like bills and the midol.

Never thought of it that way and it struck me funny but hope its just the contest name and not in his singing lol.

377124[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: