WGR=ESPN???

Come on Scoop, If it's good enough for ESPN than it's good enough for WGR!! Get real. http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20050702/1068690.asp

On a side note. I like listening to Brad R., but what's up with the other gr sports guys calling in to his show? You guys have your own show. If I want to hear your comments I will listen to your show. I don't listen to your show because it SUCKS.

So please stop calling in and bring Brad's show down.

375454[/snapback]

Hammered a lot.

That's a great fuggin name man. Cheers.

The funny thing about all this, is that WGR's ratings are higher than they've ever been since they switched to sports talk. I'm pretty sure that the big bosses and hosts will continue to do whatever gets them the numbers they want, which have been very good lately.

I listen to the morning show every day at work and it's been MUCH MUCH better in recent weeks as far as sports talk goes. Howard and Jeremy have been talking Bills, baseball, LOTS of NHL...maybe he was reading the boards!

Anyway, something also tells me they don't really mind the free publicity that Alan P. has given them the last few weeks. There's an old adage in show business that says something along the lines of any kind of publicity is good, whether it be positive or negative.

He published my comments.

PTR

378286[/snapback]

Thought that might have been you. And, of course, you're dead right about the streaming - although I realize it's hard to sell that to the "suits" when you and I aren't buying cars or satellite dishes from Buffalo-area advertisers. But now that WEEI is doing it again, maybe there's a glimmer of hope - at least the "corporate decision" excuse won't fly any more.

The way I see it, one of WNSA's main selling points was the diehard fans calling in from across the country.... just like the Wall, it's great to have more viewpoints than just the ones in Channel 2/4/7 territory.

The funny thing about all this, is that WGR's ratings are higher than they've ever been since they switched to sports talk.

loadofmularkey, that's not quite accurate - I'm reasonably sure GR had a couple of 4.0 books way back when (pre-WNSA).

Spring book (April-June) comes out in a couple of weeks. Seems like most of the "non-sportsradio" complaints have surfaced since the end of college hoops season; we'll see if they managed to hold onto that 3 share from Winter. (Considering that they only managed a 1.8 last spring even with WNSA going off the air at the end of April, they'll probably be happy with anything in the area of 2.5 or better... but hey, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.....)

Loved the article. GR sucks and everyone knows it. Love how the entire lame staff will pretend to act like sportscasters when football season starts. Jeremy and Brad may be the two lamest excuses for informative hosts ever (ith Schoop and buttdod second).

Want to change GR? Dont listen and dont support their advertisers. Nothing speaks loudr than loss of money. Maybe then the retard PD and the idiotic staff will get the boot.

Want to change GR? Dont listen and dont support their advertisers. Nothing speaks loudr than loss of money. Maybe then the retard PD and the idiotic staff will get the boot.

379990[/snapback]

Wow, that is quite ignorant. What a great idea. Don't support their advertisers, many of whom (according to the commercials they air) happen to be local businesses/restaurants/bars.

Lori, I believe you're right...WGR did reach over 4.0 in the pre-WNSA days but the ratings are as high nowadays since then. I'm sure the loss of WNSA has something to do that, but you're right. We'll see how they do in the next book!

Loved the article. GR sucks and everyone knows it. Love how the entire lame staff will pretend to act like sportscasters when football season starts. Jeremy and Brad may be the two lamest excuses for informative hosts ever (ith Schoop and buttdod second).

379990[/snapback]

While Jeremy is on vacation, Brad is filling in with Howard. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put Howard back on a shift by himself.

While Jeremy is on vacation, Brad is filling in with Howard.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put Howard back on a shift by himself.

380010[/snapback]

No way, that would make way too much sense :wacko: Seriously though, I think putting Howard on by himself in the morning and letting him do his thing would be great. Put Jeremy back at nights with Brad...as evidenced by gomper's thoughts, not everyone is a fan but I like Brad and Jeremy together as do a lot of my 20-something friends.

If GR every got some serious competition (and no, i dont think WNSA was a good fight) they would be finished. Almost everyone would switch to a station that had entertaining informative hosts that actually took the time to form thier own opinions. GR is an disgrace and all the morons who work their should be ashamed but they're too stupid to know the crap they fling.

Dont listen to GR and dont support their advertisers.

If GR every got some serious competition (and no, i dont think WNSA was  a good fight) they would be finished. Almost everyone would switch to a station that had entertaining informative hosts that actually took the time to form thier own opinions. GR is an disgrace and all the morons who work their should be ashamed but they're too stupid to know the crap they fling.

Dont listen to GR and dont support their advertisers.

380302[/snapback]

And again, I say you're the "crap flinging idiot" if you believe it's a good idea not to support their advertisers, most of whom are local businesses. If you really think that would shut down WGR, your knowledge about radio/TV is about as limited as your vocabulary. Get a life.

Load, you truly are a "load." You're telling me that smokeshops,law firms, and car dealerships are going to be hurt if people buycott them? You sound as intelligent as the morons who work at GR. The reason why so many people hate the station is because it is filled idiots who have no minds of their own and just regurgitate what they read in the paper or see on ESPN.

Listen to fan590 and see if you cant tell the difference betwen good and bad radio.

I stopped listening to GR long ago for a variety of good reasons. I did, however, hear a promo during a Yankee game where your expert Brad said he'd take Bledsoe over Vick. Case closed. If Entercom ever sells these guys better find a new career because no one in their right mind would hire these losers.

Load, you truly are a "load." You're telling me that smokeshops,law firms, and car dealerships are going to be hurt if people buycott them? You sound as intelligent as the morons who work at GR.

380681[/snapback]

Now, I never took a business course in college, but from what I can piece together...businesses generally need business in order to stay in business.

So yes. If people "boycott" car dealerships and smokeshops by not giving them business, said car dealerships and smokeshops will go under. Good God.

Judging by your unbelievable hatred and venom for the employees of WGR and its sponsors, I'm tempted to believe you're the boss over there at Fan 590.