Florida Panhandle shark attacks

Joking aside...

I personally have no problem with "young". But legal is legal. I have three "penpals" I correspond with pretty regular. 19-19-20. They are very bright, articulate young ladies and also by the way, very attractive. We have some good conversations. I enjoy getting points of view from them because, at 49 - I just can't get my brain to function from that age groups viewpoint. It's interesting, and helpful to actually be able to have a long back and forth conversation about where the country is going, what's important to them especially in terms of things I work with. Same with getting the dissenting views from places like (gasp) PPP. I help to write, review, and advise on government policy in certain areas. How things are worded and presented can make a big difference as to how it is received. In return, they sometimes talk to me about things that they might not feel comfortable talking with an older adult they know face to face over. I'm not talking about sex, but sometimes other things where they don't want to appear stupid trying to articulate something. I'm sort of their internet "Uncle Paul".

All three, (I said they were good looking) have had problems with older male relatives and "family friends" getting overly "chummy". It's made them pretty uncomfortable and quite distrustful. I guess that is part of why this lust fest business with young gals bothers me. I don't have any daughters, but this gives me an idea (three for three) that this is probably a bigger problem than some realize.

372629[/snapback]

I'm 32, and I find it just as easy to pick up women 21 yrs old, as it is to pick up women 40. I'm at just the age that I can get either. The younger women FLOCK to older men, so don't let them fool you. Especially when they get out of college and into the workplace. I pretty much think it's the norm to see mid 20's women with early to mid 30's males. I think after college, they get sick of the younger dudes just trying to always want some. The early 30's guys are able to "hide" just wanting some alot better. lol

Just my opinion though.

I'm 32, and I find it just as easy to pick up women 21 yrs old, as it is to pick up women 40.  I'm at just the age that I can get either.  The younger women FLOCK to older men, so don't let them fool you.  Especially when they get out of college and into the workplace.  I pretty much think it's the norm to see mid 20's women with early to mid 30's males.  I think after college, they get sick of the younger dudes just trying to always want some.  The early 30's guys are able to "hide" just wanting some alot better.  lol

Just my opinion though.

372641[/snapback]

I'm not saying that I'm not aware of that ( :( ), but to clarify, I was refering to things that happened to them from about 11 through 16.

Spent the last 3 days down at the Gulf near Padre Island, TX.  There the issue was sting rays (mating season and they're very aggressive).  Saw a girl about 50 feet from me get stung & taken to the hospital. 

Luckily, we had no problems.

372640[/snapback]

In the hotter parts of summer, I'm more concerned about jellyfish than sharks. There's about two weeks every summer off S. Carolina and GA where you just don't get in the water...you're going to get stung.

Joking aside...

I personally have no problem with "young". But legal is legal. I have three "penpals" I correspond with pretty regular. 19-19-20. They are very bright, articulate young ladies and also by the way, very attractive. We have some good conversations. I enjoy getting points of view from them because, at 49 - I just can't get my brain to function from that age groups viewpoint. It's interesting, and helpful to actually be able to have a long back and forth conversation about where the country is going, what's important to them especially in terms of things I work with. Same with getting the dissenting views from places like (gasp) PPP. I help to write, review, and advise on government policy in certain areas. How things are worded and presented can make a big difference as to how it is received. In return, they sometimes talk to me about things that they might not feel comfortable talking with an older adult they know face to face over. I'm not talking about sex, but sometimes other things where they don't want to appear stupid trying to articulate something. I'm sort of their internet "Uncle Paul".

All three, (I said they were good looking) have had problems with older male relatives and "family friends" getting overly "chummy". It's made them pretty uncomfortable and quite distrustful. I guess that is part of why this lust fest business with young gals bothers me. I don't have any daughters, but this gives me an idea (three for three) that this is probably a bigger problem than some realize.

372629[/snapback]

Your penpal stuff is the same lustful energy directed down a different avenue. I find it to be quite weird actually...People tend to notice their own weaknesses in others.

Your penpal stuff is the same lustful energy directed down a different avenue.  I find it to be quite weird actually...People tend to notice their own weaknesses in others.

373490[/snapback]

I also correspond with a lot of other people, up into their 70's, from several places around the world. Does emailing with a 60 year old Chinese guy make me some kind of pervert?

There are politics and policy message boards out there, just as there are Football boards. I belong to a couple that are actually sponsored by institutions such as the National Defense University, where people working on policy and strategy can meet to offer ideas to each other and collaborate when they like to. 90% of the stuff that goes on isn't "Secret Squirrel".

I personally find it somewhat reassuring that there are young people out there that have an interest in geopolitics and global stategies. Is that ALL I talk about with everyone? No. Just as with several people here, I've developed "on-line" relationships with many of them. And no, it doesn't include webcams. I suppose that since I'm 49 you probably find it perverted that I regularly stay in touch with my 23 year old TS cleared nuclear policy knowledgeable assistant that left for Graduate school.

And, if I could get someone 20 years old and good looking interested in me in THAT way....wow....not sure I could handle that one.

I have a problem with the kiddie stuff because this happened also to someone very close to me when she was very young. I know what damage it caused not just to her, but through her entire family.

Are you going to charge me for the psychoanalysis? I have Paypal.

Your penpal stuff is the same lustful energy directed down a different avenue.  I find it to be quite weird actually...People tend to notice their own weaknesses in others.

373490[/snapback]

But communicating with 19-year-old guys is okay? Because that's what you're doing on this message board. So if he's communicating with women? Weird. You communicate with guys? Acceptable.

You'll learn more from three 19-year-olds girls than you'll ever learn from a 28-year-old guy who considers pickle juice a seasoning.

Judge not...lest thee be judged.

pardon the pun, but this thread has jumped the shark

it started off innocently enough about a shark attack in florida, but when some of the preverts saw the lovely young lady in the picture another kind of shark appeared

373490[/snapback]

WTF?!? See my sig for my response.