Your nail clippers find a new home

Seems that stuff confiscated at airport security checks are being sold or auctioned by several states... <_<

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2004-0...nfiscated_x.htm

369526[/snapback]

For a change, at least some state governments are using their brains. People stupid enough to take such items deserve to have them confiscated.

As a side thought, who from the govt. has time on their hands to spend on eBay for all these items ? I worry more about the opportunity cost of these individuals - could they be spending their time doing something better ? For outsiders, this is a great idea for a business - take all items off the governments hands for some fixed consignment fee and then sell over eBay. But reading down the article, looks like some people have already picked up on this.

For a change, at least some state governments are using their brains. People stupid enough to take such items deserve to have them confiscated.

As a side thought, who from the govt. has time on their hands to spend on eBay  for all these items ? I worry more about the opportunity cost of these individuals - could they be spending their time doing something better ? For outsiders, this is a great idea for a business - take all items off the governments hands for some fixed consignment fee and then sell over eBay.

369543[/snapback]

There's a big consignment store, I think it's in Georgia, for lost luggage that can't be traced to anyone and/or isn't reported.

Tho, who'd want to use other people's nailclippers? <_<

369552[/snapback]

Or scissors.

HAROLD:  Dude, I cut my NOSE hair with those!

KUMAR:  Dude, I've been trimming my ass hair with these for the last six months.

:P

As a side thought, who from the govt. has time on their hands to spend on eBay  for all these items ? I worry more about the opportunity cost of these individuals - could they be spending their time doing something better ?

369543[/snapback]

Probably some 21 year old intern (like myself) that is working for free is forced to sit on ebay all day and take pictures of nail clippers. But don't worry, it looks good on our resumes.

There's a big consignment store, I think it's in Georgia, for lost luggage that can't be traced to anyone and/or isn't reported.

369552[/snapback]

Its either Georgia or Tennessee. Went to it about 7 years ago. The jewelry they had there was pretty awesome and some really good prices on things. I remember i bought a 14K gold charm of a hockey stick for like $6. Interesting to go see if you are nearby, right next to the worlds largest ball of twine.

Its either Georgia or Tennessee.  Went to it about 7 years ago.  The jewelry they had there was pretty awesome and some really good prices on things.  I remember i bought a 14K gold charm of a hockey stick for like $6.  Interesting to go see if you are nearby, right next to the worlds largest ball of twine.

369860[/snapback]

you sure thats twine and not confiscated nail clippings?

I felt sooooooooo secure flying this past week knowing that there weren't any nail clippers on board the plane...... <_<

370233[/snapback]

Me too. Of course, unclipped fingernails are far more dangerous than the clippers, but the retard rodeo feels safer...

I travel every week.

My home airport had a big fishbowl with the nail clippers and stuff like that they have taken away from passengers. They are mighty proud to have that on dislpay.

Here's a joke:

Q: Do you know why airport security takes away knitting needles?

A: So old ladies won't knit an Afghan !

I felt sooooooooo secure flying this past week knowing that there weren't any nail clippers on board the plane...... <_<

370233[/snapback]

Look I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the law. But, heck it is the law and is well known hence my comment on 'stupidity'. I smoke and can't take my trusty lighter on board but that is fine an old fashioned matchbox serves the same purpose quite well.

I wasn't busting your chops.I was simply pointing out how stupid parts of our (can you say pork barrel) Homeland Security program is....

370550[/snapback]

You mean like how Tom Ridge funded a lawn mower demolition derby in Texas? You just can't make this stuff up.

Actually, if there were forced nail clipping on flights, supervized by the flight attendents, everyone would be too busy to hijack a plane. "Hey everybody! Complimentary emery boards!!" :D:lol::lol:<_<