Deputy Tasers 90-Pound 13-Year-Old Girl At Hospita

wftv.com

Deputy Tasers 90-Pound 13-Year-Old Girl At Hospital

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. -- A deputy Tasered an intoxicated 13-year-old girl who was kicking and scratching two hospital nurses, officials said.

April Rene Burleson, who is 4-foot-9 and weighs 90 pounds, had a blood alcohol level of 0.175 percent and was under the influence of marijuana and the prescription drug Xanax, according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

"You have to understand, she was lashing out, kicking and scratching," sheriff's spokeswoman Ileana LiMarzi. "She was acting like an adult who needed to be restrained. Just because she's 13 doesn't mean she can't harm somebody."

Burleson was charged with loitering, disorderly public intoxication, battery by a juvenile on health services personnel, battery on an officer and resisting an officer. She was sent to the Lee County Juvenile Assessment Center.

Burleson was walking on the street at 2:50 a.m. Thursday when a deputy picked her up on the loitering charge. She was first brought to her mother, who agreed to have the girl medically cleared at Lee Memorial Hospital before being processed.

According to sheriff's reports, Burleson had been combative with Deputy Chad Edwards before they reached the hospital, then screamed at the hospital staff and injured the nurses and Edwards.

Burleson was shocked with the Taser in the chest, then held in four-point restraints during her exam, deputies said.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to sheriff's reports, Burleson had been combative with Deputy Chad Edwards before they reached the hospital, then screamed at the hospital staff and injured the nurses and Edwards.

367638[/snapback]

it seems Miss Burelson believes that Kirk is better than Picard. When law enforcement and medical officials tried to reason with her, she became hysterical and even more delusional

I used to work in a child psychitric unit during college...too bad we didn't have tasers back then...it woulda been a good thing to have when the kids were swinging pool cues at you.  :ph34r:

367872[/snapback]

You could have always just dropped a powerline into the pool on water sports day.

Oh, BTW...Kirk is better than Piccard.

You could have always just dropped a powerline into the pool on water sports day.

Oh, BTW...Kirk is better than Piccard.

367876[/snapback]

Kirk was only good at bagging aliens...Picard is a man for all seasons! Make it so! Kirk didn't have any cool lines like that or "engage"...

Kirk was only good at bagging aliens...Picard is a man for all seasons!  Make it so!  Kirk didn't have any cool lines like that or "engage"...

367877[/snapback]

"Third star to the right and straight on til morning" (Kirk)

"Engage" [points like an idiot Adagio dancer at the screen] (Piccard)

Advantage=Kirk.

"Third star to the right and straight on til morning" (Kirk)

"Engage" [points like an idiot Adagio dancer at the screen] (Piccard)

Advantage=Kirk.

367882[/snapback]

Kirk: It's a mystery. I don't like mysteries! They give me a bellyache, and I've got a beauty right now. :ph34r::P;)

Picard: Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Advantage Picard

Kirk: It's a mystery. I don't like mysteries! They give me a bellyache, and I've got a beauty right now.  :ph34r:  :P  ;)

Picard:  Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Advantage Picard

367887[/snapback]

Kirk is commanding a battle cruiser, not trying to seduce Ayn Rand. WTF is this "time is a companion" crap? In the time it takes to spout such nonsense, they'd be nailed by about 6 photon torpedos.

Advantage Kirk.