Duncan MVP ..what a joke

12thman

Well, I like Robert Horry as a pick..and as much as I don't like Manu Ginobli, I think he would have been a better pick

366529[/snapback]

sure horry hit some big shots down the stretch, but he isn't even a starter.........has a bench player ever won the MVP? can't imagine and rightfully so.........

ginobli had some big games, but he also had some poor ones as well, especially in the final.......very off in games 3, 4, and 5.........

duncan might not have been consistant shooting (especially from the line), but his boards were always there (over 10 every game of the finals)........combined with his team leading scoring average he deserved the honor.......

Well, I like Robert Horry as a pick..and as much as I don't like Manu Ginobli, I think he would have been a better pick

366529[/snapback]

It's about who came up clutch in game 7. Manu, Horry and Duncan were all even, up until that point. Duncan was the Man in game 7.

It's about who came up clutch in game 7. Manu, Horry and Duncan were all even, up until that point. Duncan was the Man in game 7.

366550[/snapback]

Hey Steven A. how come you're not yelling in caps and exclamation points at the end of every sentence?

Yeah, I agree. If Horry & Ginobli were superstars & former MVP's and Duncan were a lesser known player, Duncan would be the unanimous choice. People just have higher expectations for him than everybody else.

It's bad enough that the NBA gives out career achievement awards with respect to the Reg. Season MVP award (Nash over Shaq this year, Barkley & Malone over Jordan, David Robinson over Hakeem & Pippen, etc). No need to do the same thing for the Finals MVP award.

With 3 NBA Titles, Tim Duncan moves from the "greats" category into the "legends" category.

Players that have LED their teams to 3 NBA titles:

George Mikan

Bob Cousy

Bill Russell

John Havlicek

Earvin Johnson

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird

Michael Jordan

Shaquille O'Neal

Kobe Bryant

Tim Duncan

Like Bum Phillips said of Earl Campbell, "He may not be at the head of his class but it sure don't take long to call the roll".

P.S. Players like Pippen, Worthy, McHale, Sam Jones, etc. have the rings, but they were not the "leaders" on their teams.

If I had to choose an MVP of the series then ofcourse i'd choose Duncan. Who else was even close? Big shot rob is the man, no doubt, but in limited minutes. He's an effective bench player with the ability to be 'clutch', but not consistent enough to be a starter let alone mvp.

Ginobli is white and that alone gets most of america's attention. In my opinion that's america for you. However the guy can ball really well. He's explosive to the whole and amazes me with his ability to throw it down.

'Did that cracker just split the d and dunk?'

Tony Parker was a role player and that's about it.

20 and 11 for the series. He played 42 minutes put up 25 and 11 in game 7. I agree this wasn't a dominant performance, but he was by far the best player on the floor.

t-r

With 3 NBA Titles, Tim Duncan moves from the "greats" category into the "legends" category.

Players that have LED their teams to 3 NBA titles:

George Mikan

Bob Cousy

Bill Russell

John Havlicek

Earvin Johnson

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird

Michael Jordan

Shaquille O'Neal

Kobe Bryant

Tim Duncan

Like Bum Phillips said of Earl Campbell, "He may not be at the head of his class but it sure don't take long to call the roll".

P.S. Players like Pippen, Worthy, McHale, Sam Jones, etc. have the rings, but they were not the "leaders" on their teams.

366612[/snapback]

You have one too many players on your first list. Kobe belongs on your second list.

I agree this wasn't a dominant performance, but he was by far the best player on the floor. 

366669[/snapback]

i think that title belongs to big ben........he had an exceptional playoff (and final series in particular).......

I don't know if any player had a consistently hot series. It was so up and down especially with the early blowouts. Duncan's inept free throw shooting certainly stands out but his play in the final certainly had a role in breaking the Piston's back.

I don't think I am alone in still being bitter towards the members of the USA basketball team and the egg laying that took place in the most recent Olympics. Part of the problem there was... Never mind, too many...

Eva, hmmm... Tres jolie... :doh:

You want some of this !!  I have a high IQ and read e.e. comins, or things like that.

366672[/snapback]

And you have a sense-of-humor quotient of dead flat zero, so this couldn't be you.

No way Duncan should have been MVP, he had a terrible series..This why the NBA just kills me, he was the obvious choice before the series started!

366506[/snapback]

Sometimes its right because its so obvious!!!! Some people don't seem to like Duncan because he's substance over style.......funny thing is that the silent majority actually wants that!!! We don't need no MTV stars!!