I hate my job

IBTG81

I was promised a promotion a few weeks ago, when when of the managers returned from vacation. She came back this week, and we all sat down to discuss it. The VP (who told me I was getting promoted), changed his mind suddenly, and said they were going to hire from outside (someone fresh out of college and cheaper).

Now, I didn't get this is writing, but do I have any legal rights? I tried to discuss it with him, and that turned out to be a waste.

I then told him I was disappointed with the organization, and I may have to start looking for a new job.

I am so !@#$ing pissed.

depends on the labor laws in your state and whether you had a witness when it was "promised"

my guess is you don't have any rights

366039[/snapback]

I have the head of HR as my witness.

I figure I am pretty much screwed.

I was promised a promotion a few weeks ago, when when of the managers returned from vacation. She came back this week, and we all sat down to discuss it. The VP (who told me I was getting promoted), changed his mind suddenly, and said they were going to hire from outside (someone fresh out of college and cheaper).

Now, I didn't get this is writing, but do I have any legal rights? I tried to discuss it with him, and that turned out to be a waste.

I then told him I was disappointed with the organization, and I may have to start looking for a new job.

I am so !@#$ing pissed.

366031[/snapback]

Well, you've insulted me several times here with no provacation.

Maybe they have correctly figured you out.

The best time to look for a new job is when you already have one. A word to the wise. There's no point in looking for a legal solution - you don't want to poison your employability somewhere else.

Fug that wench - you can never trust her again. Move on as quickly as you can.

Fug that wench - you can never trust her again.  Move on as quickly as you can.

366047[/snapback]

He was a guy. No offense to women in power positions here, but I generally believed that men were more straight-forward, bot the stab you in the back type.

Just quit your job and go live with BF.  I'd almost be willing to bet we could pitch it to the networks and make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.

366067[/snapback]

Now, I know I work for a non-profit, but I'm not THAT charitable.

Just quit your job and go live with BF.  I'd almost be willing to bet we could pitch it to the networks and make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.

366067[/snapback]

BF and Ed go to Vegas....BF tries to become a pro poker player....Ed an aspiring Magician.....follow their adventures on the Travel Channel.....that has ratings written all over it

366067[/snapback]

I like it. I like. Stay with me now. I can see it clearly now.

Two young football fans share an apartment over an Asian massage parlor but don't like each other. One has a secret internet life. By day, he's a sport-stat-spouting nudnik, and by night, the most obnoxious internet sports message board poster in the history of the world! The other has a thing for telephone poles, but is also a tortured soul, imprisoned in his own world of bad relationships and crappy jobs where he's forced to listen to Christine Aguillera music and wear a hood to work.. Throw in a wacky neighbor, make one of them gay, and put a gun on the table. Madcap comedy ensues.

We'll call it: Gitmo, The Baron and A Very Happy Ending.

Who's with me?

Two young football fans share an apartment over an Asian massage parlor but don't like each other. One has a secret internet life. By day, he's a sport-stat-spouting nudnik, and by night, the most obnoxious internet sports message board poster in the history of the world! The other has a thing for telephone poles, but is also a tortured soul, imprisoned in his own world of bad relationships and crappy jobs where he's forced to listen to Christine Aguillera music and wear a hood to work.. Throw in a wacky neighbor, make one of them gay, and put a gun on the table. Madcap comedy ensues.

Who's with me?

366079[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Who's with me?

366079[/snapback]

Wes Craven?

Who's with me?

366079[/snapback]

How about just calling it "Hotpockets"?

I can't wait for the episode where they go to the basketball game.

NOW, I understand your PM. :lol:

As Darin said the best time to get a job is when you have one. Keep your mouth shut and move forward. Bitchin and complaining wont help your cause Ed. Take what happened as a life experence, these things happen to 24 year olds, and 50 year olds. The best revenge is success, and dont get mad get even, apply only somewhat. Get up, and get moving ;)

Damn, I thought we taught you better than this. :lol:

Episode idea:

Like a Seinfeld episode many factors will come together.

At the beginning of the episode the horrible human being turns horrible driver and crashes into yours truly. This knocks my stop light violation camera off kilter.

Later that evening my camera which is now pointing into their apartment captures the roomie in a "private moment" much like Costanza's mom did in one Seinfeld episode. Instead of a dirty magazine, his inspiration is Mulder shutting down the Phils. Pre-climax, the roomie walks just as a 3 run Thome shot sails over the 397 sign. These events conspire to ruin the moment. I download the film to a glowing bunny who sells it a la Paris Hilton on the internet. It is entitled "One night in an absolute hell".

There is only one buyer, Michael Jackson, who turns out to be more attracted to maturity level than actual age.

It needs a little work I know, but it is a start.

NOW, I understand your PM.  :lol:

As Darin said the best time to get a job is when you have one. Keep your mouth shut and move forward. Bitchin and complaining wont help your cause Ed. Take what happened as a life experence, these things happen to 24 year olds, and 50 year olds. The best revenge is success, and dont get mad get even, apply only somewhat. Get up, and get moving ;)

Damn, I thought we taught you better than this. :lol:

366173[/snapback]

Crap, now I have to go read the whole thread.

I'm a last post reader, as you know.

I have the head of HR as my witness.

I figure I am pretty much screwed.

366040[/snapback]

Probably no chance at all. Telling him you would start looking for something new on the spot was probably a mistake, as you're really not showing any "loyalty."

Yes, I know. They're not loyal to you and no one in this day and age and blah blah blah, but a display of dissatisfaction like that could be detrimental.

-Jeff