Weakest Super Bowls Champs

Are the Pats the poorest excuse for SB champs?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Pats the poorest excuse for SB champs?

• Winning 3 Super Bowls by the skin of their teeth diminishes their place in history.
    • Give credit where credit is due. 3 championships in 4 years. Who cares how much they won by. If it was the Bills, they would be a dynasty.
    • Who the F*** cares. I wish training camp started tomorrow.

As good as that Ravens Defense in 2000 was, should they REALLY be proud over beating that Giants team?

364857[/snapback]

Yeah, but there defense was historically great + a decent running game.

Tampa's defense was very good - not as great - and they had an average QB, mediocre OL, average WR's and a lousy running game. I'm still trying to figure out how they won.

With expansion and free agency, I doubt any of the Pats teams could even beat the 1990 Dolphins.

When a team's biggest star is the coach, the talent pool is pretty diluted...

Actually, all three of those could be true. It is diminished slightly, SURELY Bills fans would call it a dynasty, and who cares, lets get this season started.

The difference between the Pats being a dynasty, and the Bills being four-time losers, could easily be that Adam Viniteri made a 48 or so yard field goal by a foot with little time remaining, and Scott Norwood missed a 48 or so yard field goal by a foot with little time remaining.

Yeah, but there defense was historically great + a decent running game. 

Tampa's defense was very good - not as great - and they had an average QB, mediocre OL, average WR's and a lousy running game.  I'm still trying to figure out how they won.

364992[/snapback]

Because they played the Raiders....a team run by the players rather than

the rookie coach.....that actually cost them the championship...