Durbin should be ****

Isn't ANYBODY getting tired of this Gitmo argument?

360561[/snapback]

what i see is an ingenuis way of igniting a firestorm the same way they did with Abu Ghraib. i personally do not necessarily believe in a Left Wing Media Conspiracy. I belive in a capitalistic media looking to capitalize on anything that is controversial. this crap gets into the emotional fiber of the country,.....people become passionate for one side or the other...and the next thing you know they are buying anying and everything that debates or argues against an individuals point of view. for some reason, we seek to have our blood boiled. the more it sucks us in....the more we will see this story on the front page of every newspaper and the top story on every news cast.

afterall....it isn't only liberal print and electronic media outlets that are leading with this story.....every conservative/libertarian media organization is leading with it as well.

Chalk up another $$$$ victory for the media.

what i see is an ingenuis way of igniting a firestorm the same way they did with Abu Ghraib.  i personally do not necessarily believe in a Left Wing Media Conspiracy.  I belive in a capitalistic media looking to capitalize on anything that is controversial.  this crap gets into the emotional fiber of the country,.....people become passionate for one side or the other...and the next thing you know they are buying anying and everything that debates or argues against an individuals point of view.  for some reason, we seek to have our blood boiled.  the more it sucks us in....the more we will see this story on the front page of every newspaper and the top story on every news cast. 

afterall....it isn't only liberal print and electronic media outlets that are leading with this story.....every conservative/libertarian media organization is leading with it as well.

Chalk up another $$$$ victory for the media.

360653[/snapback]

Oh, and AQ and the boys watch our news and read our papers. Who is going to get the most mileage out of this? Someone needs to get it through their head that "we" don't matter, as far as having detailed information. The message can and should be gotten out that we won't dignify their actions by granting them "status", and failure will be unpleasant for them. It shouldn't go any farther than that. By sensationalizing, our media IS playing right into their hands - but folks like Dirbin are well past aiding and abetting. They should know better. It is not overly dramatic to state that the future of the nation and the world is at stake. Everyone should keep that primary in the front of their brain. Not this weeks ratings, or next years elections. But what will life be like 20 years from now? Hint...look at population figures. Who's breeding, and who's not? What are global demographics going to look like in 2025? The world is changing - and if we don't do some drastic things to help shape that change, we're going to get screwed.

Oh, and AQ and the boys watch our news and read our papers. Who is going to get the most mileage out of this? Someone needs to get it through their head that "we" don't matter, as far as having detailed information. The message can and should be gotten out that we won't dignify their actions by granting them "status", and failure will be unpleasant for them. It shouldn't go any farther than that. By sensationalizing, our media IS playing right into their hands - but folks like Dirbin are well past aiding and abetting. They should know better. It is not overly dramatic to state that the future of the nation and the world is at stake. Everyone should keep that primary in the front of their brain. Not this weeks ratings, or next years elections. But what will life be like 20 years from now? Hint...look at population figures. Who's breeding, and who's not? What are global demographics going to look like in 2025? The world is changing - and if we don't do some drastic things to help shape that change, we're going to get screwed.

360688[/snapback]

But...But...But....Who's on next year's American Idol? Who will be the next America's Top Model? Who will become a Hilton? Who will win the Apprentice? Who will be the final Survivor? Who will come out of the Real World/Road Rules Inferno? Who will get me my Hot Pockets?

DING!

But...But...But....Who's on next year's American Idol?    Who will be the next America's Top Model?    Who will become a Hilton?  Who will win the Apprentice?  Who will be the final Survivor?  Who will come out of the Real World/Road Rules Inferno?  Who will get me my Hot Pockets?   

DING!

360859[/snapback]

Yeah....all those imbeciles who have the audacity to turn on the TV and be entertained every now and again. What a bunch of lemmings and fools. :unsure:

But...But...But....Who's on next year's American Idol?    Who will be the next America's Top Model?    Who will become a Hilton?  Who will win the Apprentice?  Who will be the final Survivor?  Who will come out of the Real World/Road Rules Inferno?  Who will get me my Hot Pockets?   

DING!

360859[/snapback]

The fact that this sort of response never gets old for you is rather telling. It appears that the only thing better that you're doing than those "viewers" you ridicule is, well, ridiculing them.

Yeah, you're right...they're enlightened.  Incomparably so, to those of us that entertain ourselves by reading books.   :unsure:

360893[/snapback]

I just think this whole idea that "turning off" and watching some typical TV fare makes you an imbecile is overused, that's all.

But what SHOULD I watch if not for this "mindless" stuff?

Lets see:

O'Reilly vs. Hardball vs. American Idol vs. American Chopper.

After a lot of hours with each, watching two boobs from upstate NY argue over building a chopper wins the "worthwhile content" prize over those other choices hands down.

At least I've learned a little something USEFUL from watching the Teutuls. :angry:

The fact that this sort of response never gets old for you is rather telling.  It appears that the only thing better that you're doing than those "viewers" you ridicule is, well, ridiculing them.

360903[/snapback]

It doesnt get old for me. I dont know why.

Wasn't there a poster and military guy here sometime ago that posted how he looked forward going back to Gitmo so he could beat-up on the r*gh***s?

All of us as Americans, including myself want to say that we adhere to high standards and uphold our values and laws.

Are we really capable of doing that? Or is it just lip-service?

Wasn't there a poster and military guy here sometime ago that posted how he looked forward going back to Gitmo so he could beat-up on the r*gh***s?

All of us as Americans, including myself want to say that we adhere to high standards and uphold our values and laws.

Are we really capable of doing that?  Or is it just lip-service?

361545[/snapback]

With that particular poster, lip service is the word.

With that particular poster, lip service is the word.

361551[/snapback]

I gotta keep telling myself that.

You forget... I am painting with a wide-brush today... It is gonna get wider as the week progresses!

Wanted to go home yesterday and the computer (PCM) on my car went out... That made the brush still wider!

:devil::doh:

I just think this whole idea that "turning off" and watching some typical TV fare makes you an imbecile is overused, that's all.

But what SHOULD I watch if not for this "mindless" stuff?

Lets see:

O'Reilly vs. Hardball vs. American Idol vs. American Chopper.

After a lot of hours with each, watching two boobs from upstate NY argue over building a chopper wins the "worthwhile content" prize over those other choices hands down.

At least I've learned a little something USEFUL from watching the Teutuls.  :(

360956[/snapback]

You could watch something on Discovery, or even (GASP!) PBS. Or best yet, NFL network... ;)

I gotta keep telling myself that.

You forget... I am painting with a wide-brush today... It is gonna get wider as the week progresses!

Wanted to go home yesterday and the computer (PCM) on my car went out... That made the brush still wider!

:(  ;)

361565[/snapback]

Let me know when you work your way up to the spray gun. Might have some work for you at the chop shop.

Quality control must be starting to slip again. One of my interns just bought a new car, and the ignition box crapped out after something like 400 miles. Yeah, it's under warranty...but hell.

Let me know when you work your way up to the spray gun. Might have some work for you at the chop shop.

Quality control must be starting to slip again. One of my interns just bought a new car, and the ignition box crapped out after something like 400 miles. Yeah, it's under warranty...but hell.

361892[/snapback]

Actually, I thought it was the PCM since I didn't get any fire and I just changed my coil pack... It was the fuel pump.

The sweet thing is that on my '94 New Yorker (LHS) there is an access panel in the trunk... Peel back the carpet, remove the cover and bingo! All right there for the picking! :(

I changed the whole module, still set me back about 300. Now that I think about it, it was sending me signals by running rough at times... I had it on the back of my mind knowing it never has been changed in +200k miles... The float would act erradict at times also. What maybe put it over the edge was that I replaced a rusty fuel filler neck that was rotted out at the hose connection... I had to do some twisting to get it disconnected from the vehicle, rust fell all over and maybe slipped into the tank? (I didn't want to disconnect the hose tank connection, I had some fuel in the tank). ???

Back in 1998 when my other car was brand new, I needed a new fuse box... Seems at assembly the main mounting screw was shot through one of the connections and made itself to ground after about 2000k.

It happens. Nothing is perfect. It is just a matter of reading the signs and preparing for it. I was up north around O'Hare the day before, I am glad it didn't happen there, far from my home.

Oh well...

Sorry for rambling. ;) Who me ramble? ;):lol: