Jets special stat

If you consider the AFC East started with the AFL the division has existed since 1960. In that time frame the Jets have 4 division titles, one every 16 years. They have less than the Bills, Pats*, and Dolphins by a good margin. They though are also behind the Colts for division titles, who left the division 20 years ago. They are also tied with the Houston Oilers who left the division in 1970. 

But they also won a SB by beating the Colts and cementing the meger between the AFL & NFL.

Would the merger have occurred if they lost to the Colts? Probably... But they accelerated it to 1970.

I would say SBIII was one of the most important games in the history of American football. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, f0neguy said:

Speaking of Jets stats.  I saw that the Jets are currently favored in 14 out of their 17 games this season.  (Think it was a BR article).  Wow

Yup. The only 3 games they are underdogs are at SF, at BUF, and at MIA. The game with the Bills and Jets at MetLife has the Jets -1. 

On 5/22/2024 at 1:09 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

But they also won a SB by beating the Colts and cementing the meger between the AFL & NFL.

Would the merger have occurred if they lost to the Colts? Probably... But they accelerated it to 1970.

I would say SBIII was one of the most important games in the history of American football. 

Not to mention the history of gambling. Since it was rigged.

• Haha (+1) 1