Late Show with Craig Ferguson

I work late most nights and wind up watching The Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I have to say they hit a home run with this guy. I think he's a pretty funny guy and a good interviewer. 9 years into his show, Conan O'Brien looks like he's still working out the kinks. The former "Mr. Wick" hit the ground running, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

PTR

I work late most nights and wind up watching The Late Show with Craig Ferguson.  I have to say they hit a home run with this guy.  I think he's a pretty funny guy and a good interviewer.  9 years into his show, Conan O'Brien looks like he's still working out the kinks.  The former "Mr. Wick" hit the ground running, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

PTR

358897[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Conan is the best in the biz hands down. Funnier than ever other late night host combined. Craig isn't awful, but he's definately no where near the Cone Zone.

Are you kidding? Conan is the best in the biz hands down.  Funnier than ever other late night host combined.  Craig isn't awful, but he's definately no where near the Cone Zone.

358908[/snapback]

Agreed. Except with the part about Craig, I think the guy is awful. I used to watch Kilborn but now I'm a Conan fan.

Are you kidding? Conan is the best in the biz hands down.  Funnier than ever other late night host combined.  Craig isn't awful, but he's definately no where near the Cone Zone.

358908[/snapback]

exactly.

I work late most nights and wind up watching The Late Show with Craig Ferguson.  I have to say they hit a home run with this guy.  I think he's a pretty funny guy and a good interviewer.  9 years into his show, Conan O'Brien looks like he's still working out the kinks.  The former "Mr. Wick" hit the ground running, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

PTR

358897[/snapback]

Is he on before 10? Thats my bedtime. Had no idea that this guy had a talk show. Maybe I'll Tivo it and take a look. What network is it on.

However, one show I have been watching is on History International, part of a series called Almanac.I have the basic Total Choice package from D*, so if you have D* you should get this . This particular part of the series is entitled"Worst Jobs In History" . This little Brit guy goes through all the periods of British history and establishes the worst jobs in that timeframe. However, the kicker is he then does them all. Great show, on Mondays around 9.00pm I think, i set up a season pass for it so usually watch at another time.

I have tickets to Fridays Conan taping, I wanted to take my 16 year old as kinda a rite of passage thing (I did the same with his older brother), The 16 year old has a regents exam at the same time, so he can't go. Now I have to get on the list after Fridays show and it will be December before I get another shot.

Now I have to get on the list after Fridays show and it will be December before I get another shot.

359053[/snapback]

Man how times change.

Back in the 90s sometime me and couple of friends were visiting New York City. We took the NBC studio tour. At the end they told us if we wanted to go see the Conan O'Brien show we could go over and stand in the line and go see it. There weren't too many people in the line and we even got to sit in the second row.

What happened to Kilborn, i used to tune in here and there, and I thought perhaps that guy was just filling in for him?

359058[/snapback]

Kilborn bailed. They had a lengthy period of tryouts where numerous "guest" hosts filled in the time slot before they settled on Ferguson.

After watching the parade of guest hosts I came to two conclusions:

1) Drew Carey should never be allowed to guest host for any show, any time. He was UNBELIEVABLY dull.

2) David Duchovney (sp?) was actually quite good. I would have preferred seeing him most of all.

Actually, it's the "Late, Late Show" with Ferguson...Letterman, the true king of late-night, hosts the Late Show. Conan comes in close second...Leno in a distant third.

Letterman, the true king of late-night, hosts the Late Show.

359572[/snapback]

Dave just seems to get better with age...he's pushing sixty, and his show is still going strong after all these years.

Mike

358908[/snapback]

While I do like Ferguson from the times I have watched the show, Conan's still better IMHO.

I will say that I find Fergueson to be an upgrade over Kilborn.

Letterman is still my personal favorite.