It's 9/11

Kelly the Dog

Three years later. Please take a moment to think of what happened to our citizens and our country. And what has happened since. No matter which side of the aisle you're on, or neither aisle, we were attacked on our soil and our lives have changed. And we need to not only go after the bastards that did it but protect ourselves from it happening again, both here and on foreign lands across the globe. There are no easy or definitive answers. Bush nor Kerry, Republicans nor Democrats, are completely "right" about this.

I, for one, feel extremely proud and lucky to be living, and free, and healthy, and employed, and middle class, and loving, loved and in love, in the greatest country, at the best time, in the history of the world.

God bless America.

And God help anyone who even remotely thinks of trying it again. Sorry, folks, but I forever see images of people holding hands while jumping to the street, together, from 100+ stories high because, as one person put it, "whatever hell they were facing in that building was worse than jumping."

We are not a perfect country...but we don't need to be perfect. Just strong, committed, and pre-emptive.

3 years ago today was the worst day and started the most frightening few weeks in my life. Over those few weeks, watching as a Canadian from Canada, I learned a lot about my neighbours. We knew you were proud and we knew you were powerful, but the world saw your pulling together, your internal strength and your ability to overcome the toughest challenges with a quiet determination.

I have no idea how we would react to the same situation and I hope I never find out.

God Bless America.