So is Star Wars III appropriate for a 5 year old?

PIZ

Lots of good points. I've made up my mind. If I can find a babysitter for my other 2 kids (my 3 year old is going to be pissed he can't go--kid loves VADER---has a mask and lightsaber and goes around breathing like him) I'm taking him.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good points.  I've made up my mind.  If I can find a babysitter for my other 2 kids (my 3 year old is going to be pissed he can't go--kid loves VADER---has a mask and lightsaber and goes around breathing like him) I'm taking him.

358941[/snapback]

I have a 7 year old nephew who is a HUGE SW fan. Kid's got three lightsabers. Anyway, they came to visit the other day and my TWO YEAR OLD daughter picked up one of the lightsabers and started to duel with him.

*sniff* I was so proud of my little girl!

:lol:

I have a 7 year old nephew who is a HUGE SW fan. Kid's got three lightsabers. Anyway, they came to visit the other day and my TWO YEAR OLD daughter picked up one of the lightsabers and started to duel with him.

*sniff* I was so proud of my little girl!

:lol:

358956[/snapback]

I got home from work yesterday and my 5 and 3 year olds were running around the house with lightsabers andblankets wrapped around them like capes. They both love playing Battlefront and Lego Star Wars on MY xbox. They want Revenge of the Sith and Republic Commando, but I can't afford the price tags right now.

Rent 'em from blockbuster, that's what I do b/c even if it is 6.99 + tax if you keep it for a couple weeks you only get charged the restocking fee at $1.30.

Have fun at the movie!!! Let me know what you think. My boy loves Star Wars too, but like I said he fell asleep. It's a bit slow for the younger ones IMO. I'm going to take him to Batman on Saturday and who knows maybe he'll fall asleep during that one too.

I've heard it's gruesome.  He is begging me everyday to see the movie and it's probably the only way I'll get to see it myself.  He doesn't get scared of movies, but he really hasn't seen anything other than movies like Shrek, Toy Story, the other Star Wars movies. 

He's also wanting to watch my movie Pirates of the Caribbean.

358580[/snapback]

Maybe my parents were protective, but I remember hounding my parents to see the original at seven years old...

If your kid is comfortable in seeing how Vader's face tranforms from the one in movies 1, 2 and 3 to the one unmasked in Return of the Jedi, by all means...

That said, it is an excellent production, and IMHO only The Empire Strikes Back is better. I was pleasantly surprised and even understood some of what I thought was filler in the first two... I still think 1 & 2 were awful.

I'd say no after seeing it. It was great IMHO but not really suitable for a 5 year old.

I can't believe someone who's seen the film didn't reply to this thread with

"NOOOooooooo!"

It's a crap shoot. a) he's in a trance b) he's scarred for weeks c) he falls asleep

My nephew turned 2 last week and is humming the theme much to the chagrin of my sister in law.

Actually even Kirk was better then the morons in the last 2 SW movies.

360711[/snapback]

i thought Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee did decent jobs with the parts George Lucas wrote them

Hayden Christiansan makes Shatner look like a decent actor and Samuel L's acting might have been better if Mace Windu had a gun, an affro, and raised his voice 50 decibals with every other word brought to you by the letter F

i thought Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee did decent jobs with the parts George Lucas wrote them

Hayden Christiansan makes Shatner look like a decent actor and Samuel L's acting might have been better if Mace Windu had a gun, an affro, and raised his voice 50 decibals with every other word brought to you by the letter F

360718[/snapback]

Poor Natalie Portman. "You're breaking my heart!" :unsure:

Poor Natalie Portman.  "You're breaking my heart!"  :unsure:

360860[/snapback]

thats the only line I didnt like in the entire movie

but to say it was too scary for a kid is ignorant..........NO BLOOD.....only fighting

thats the only line I didnt like in the entire movie

but to say it was too scary for a kid is ignorant..........NO BLOOD.....only fighting

360966[/snapback]

Well, except for the part when a live human being is being burned while crawling. And we wonder why kids are so screwed up.

No I figure my adverse personality came from watching Nightmare on Elm Street when I was like 5 or 6.

361165[/snapback]

My mom let me watch "An American Werewolf in London" when I was pretty young. That movie creeped me out.

I have to say, that the Grudge was the creepiest movie I have EVER seen. No way my kids are watching that, EVER.

My mom let me watch "An American Werewolf in London" when I was pretty young.  That movie creeped me out.

I have to say, that the Grudge was the creepiest movie I have EVER seen.  No way my kids are watching that, EVER.

361168[/snapback]

then you better not watch JU-ON

LOL that the real japanese version of the film LOL a hella lot better

So is Star Wars III appropriate for a 5 year old?,

No

I have a 5 yr old who has seen all the others - No way would am not bring him to this in the theater - too dark - too intense for age 5

when the DVD comes out, we might skip through selected scenes, but I'll likely wait until he is older. there is really no reason for him tho see it now.

this is why kids grow up to be chicken of movies and jump at every scene or when someone touches there shoulder

movies dont make kids disturbed, its there overprotective parents........thank God I had a good mom